#1 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think that the Avengers are better than the Justice League or vice-versa and why

#2 Edited by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally prefer the JLA, but it's mostly because I've read more JLA stories.

#3 Edited by sinestro_GL (3122 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA fo sho

#4 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

If we talk current comic books it's JL over Avengers. Otherwise it's a tie for me. I like how the JL works as an organ (with MM as the centerpiece and monitors Earth's activity).

#5 Posted by ripcurl (535 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers.

Although the ever-expanding roster is a bit annoying...

#6 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just another way of asking marvel or DC. But JLA for me

#7 Posted by Ciriel (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League

#8 Edited by CheeseSticks (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the Avengers so i vote JLA

#9 Posted by johnjoe66 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive been a big fan of marvel but just getting into DC and so far i think its 50/50 there both good teams

#10 Posted by Z3RO180 (6433 posts) - - Show Bio

I fill between the two but recently I've been following more to do with the avengers

#11 Edited by The Stegman (23816 posts) - - Show Bio

The JL are the better, more efficient team.

#12 Edited by ManofIron11 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice league.

#13 Posted by lilben42 (2530 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Justice League better but mostly because JLU.

#14 Posted by Wolverine08 (40817 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by The Stegman (23816 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Let's say a giant monster is attacking the city, which team would have an easier time stopping it? A team of mostly mid tier heroes with around two heavy hitters (not counting Hickman's Avengers) or a team with a Kryptonian, a Lantern, An Amazon, a Martian, Someone moving at light speed and Batman?

#16 Edited by Wolverine08 (40817 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: That hypothetical situation you suggested relies on power, which I agree the JL, has more of, but you said they are more efficient. Which I disagree with. The Avengers are just as organized and efficient with their job as the JL.

#17 Edited by Wolverine08 (40817 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyways, Avengers for me. I have never been a big fan of reading about powerhouses, which the JL is filled with.

#18 Posted by The Stegman (23816 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: But having the power to stop major threats as soon as they occur saves lives faster, it's apart of being efficient.

#19 Posted by dondave (36124 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA

#20 Posted by Wolverine08 (40817 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: But you have to remember that most of the villains and heroes of Marvel are weaker than DC's. The Avengers are extremely efficient at handling their mid teir/powerhouses villains, while the JL is extremely efficient at handling their powerhouse/cosmic powered villains. They are equally efficient, but in different ways.

#21 Edited by The Stegman (23816 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: But the question is which is the better team. Not which is the better team in their respective universes

#22 Posted by Tyrus (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

I've barely read any JL (or DC at all for that matter) but I prefer them over Avengers ONLY because they have sofisticated teams - Avengers needs a "Big 7" that readers can actually like. Marvel NOW is a big mess especially with the mixing of X-Men, it's just made the rosters more confusing :P

#23 Posted by EnigmaLantern (728 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be 50/50 but considering half of the Marvel Universe is in the Avengers line-up (I'm exaggerating but you understand my point) I tend to drift more to the Justice League, simply because I see them more of a team than the Avengers. But it relies heavily on personal preference.

#24 Posted by lilben42 (2530 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I actually think the JL has better teamwork. Maybe that's jut me.

#25 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5353 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers. They're like the LSH of the MU now, they have teams for every possibility almost and it seems like everyone plays their role. JLA is awesome but it seems like its the Trinity then everyone else sometimes.

#26 Posted by Wolverine08 (40817 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers. They're like the LSH of the MU now, they have teams for every possibility almost and it seems like everyone plays their role. JLA is awesome but it seems like its the Trinity then everyone else sometimes.

This.

#27 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6261 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had a choice of either team existing in the real world during a massive threat of some sort, I would choose the Justice League. The Avengers are awesome, but the Justice League has far more powerful characters that would be much more capable of stopping the problem.

#28 Posted by Havenless (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like how the JLA are a bunch of evenly matched god characters. I like the diversity the Avengers brings. You've got your Thors and Black Widows, and then your Captain Marvels and Iron Men who fit in between.

#29 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5353 posts) - - Show Bio

#28 Posted by Havenless (714 posts) - 56 minutes, 49 seconds ago - Show Bio

I don't like how the JLA are a bunch of evenly matched god characters. I like the diversity the Avengers brings. You've got your Thors and Black Widows, and then your Captain Marvels and Iron Men who fit in between.

This

#30 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA. When it comes to heavy hitter status, you can't top the JLA. My favorite Marvel team is Fantastic Four. They're unlike any other team cause they have the family thing going.

#31 Posted by New_World_Order (12951 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm starting to like the Justice League over the Avengers.

#32 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12888 posts) - - Show Bio

#33 Posted by PowerHerc (82778 posts) - - Show Bio

Love em both but I prefer the Avengers by just a bit.

#34 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men

#35 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA didn't have a Civil War, for that reason alone that makes them a better team than the Avengers.

X-Men

Which one?maybeee

#36 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

JLA didn't have a Civil War, for that reason alone that makes them a better team than the Avengers.

@jonny_anonymous said:

X-Men

Which one?

well I'm not reading any Marvel books at the moment but it would more than likely be Cyclops

#37 Posted by Immortal777 (7271 posts) - - Show Bio

JL

As a team they work better and are more efficient in dealing with threats since the team isn't just bunch of humans.

#38 Posted by CaptainHoopla (970 posts) - - Show Bio

Both have their strengths and weaknesses, but as I read the thread I keep hearing Robert Downey Jr say "we have a Hulk". I can't decide if that's a strength or weakness, so I guess it depends on what the and how severe the threat is.

#39 Posted by Jack Donaghy (974 posts) - - Show Bio

The Justice League.

#40 Edited by SoftMachineOo (131 posts) - - Show Bio

The Justice League

#41 Posted by JulieDC (898 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League

#42 Posted by Wolverine08 (40817 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone here picking the Justice League is getting unfollowed. Lol.

#43 Posted by Pokeysteve (8235 posts) - - Show Bio

The JLA has it all. Magic, speed, strength, telepathy, intelligence, tech, durability, combat strategy, organization, and probably the most important......friendship. Awwww.

Everyone here picking the Justice League is getting unfollowed. Lol.

I actually laughed out loud when I got to this hahaha.