#1 Posted by manofsteelrulez (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Could Earths Mightiest Heroes take down the General Zod and his Kryptonian army.

The Avengers from the the 2012 movie and the US army.

VS

General Zod and his Krpytonian army.

ff

Battle takes place on Earth.Avengers are told how to send them back to the phantom zone.No Kryptonite allowed.Black Widow has a Kryptonian gun.General Zod can control his powers.

#2 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

Ummm of course. If Superman could then the world's mightiest superhero team obviously could.

We can assume Thor is about equivalent to Supes in power, so this is a cake walk. I actually say they do a way better job, and maybe actually save some lives in the process.

#3 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: Thor is weak compared to Superman in the movies section. With pure strength alone, Thor is just a class 20+ and Superman a class 100+

#4 Edited by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4: I'm not sure what that means. But I'm not being dim to make such a comparison. Many people have argued the same. You could say Thor is more powerful than Supes, being a God and all. At any rate I wasn't trying to start a Thor vs Supes debate. Just to point out how easily the Avengers could handle this compared to Supes, who is only one person.

#5 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5524 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Avengers have knowledge on how to send Zod and the others back to the Phantom Zone, then it is not beyond the combined brain power of Tony and Bruce to replicate the tech or atleast rebuild the machine if it is damaged. Hulk could then cause minor trouble by destroying their ships. If Zod and his men are unaware of the potential destructive power of phase two, they may stand their and tank the shots, resulting in a minor spill or two, nothing they can't handle. The problem here is leading Zod into the ambush needed to drop them back in the P.Zone. General Zod is a genius level tactician, so if Shield is smart, they would keep Rogers off the frontline, so that he and Fury can formulate a war strategy. This will end up being Cap, Tony, Banner and Fury, versus General Zod in an epic game of WAR. Thor will be handy. If he can create a cyclone similar to what he used to destroy the destroyer, he could cause problems for the Kryptonians, aircraft. Widow and Hawkeye,would be on crisis control.

#6 Posted by XLR87T3 (2691 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

@cybrilious4: I'm not sure what that means. But I'm not being dim to make such a comparison. Many people have argued the same. You could say Thor is more powerful than Supes, being a God and all. At any rate I wasn't trying to start a Thor vs Supes debate. Just to point out how easily the Avengers could handle this compared to Supes, who is only one person.

When Thor 2: The Dark World comes out, we will all witness the true power of Thor!

#7 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6116 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: Thor is weak compared to Superman in the movies section. With pure strength alone, Thor is just a class 20+ and Superman a class 100+

So that oil tanker he couldn't lift is over a 100 tons?

#8 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller: About 50-80 tons. He moved a 100 ton train car out of the way so still proves Class 100+.

#9 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7825 posts) - - Show Bio

@manofsteelrulez:

First off; Welcome to Comic Vine!

I totally agree with the username. :)

I defiantly think that the Avengers could take Zod and friends. Thor may not be the equivalent of Supes, but Hulk would tip the battle in there favor. And with the rest of the Avengers as backup they've got this in the bag.

#10 Posted by comicace3 (4732 posts) - - Show Bio

@manofsteelrulez: lol welcome to the vine and I think... Avengers have a chance of winning given that that they know what the phantom zone is and can devise a plan to bring them there. Oh, this should beloved to the battle forum btw. Ask a mod to move it.

#11 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod and crew for the stomp. Id probably even say Zod, Faora, or Nam-Ek could solo.

#12 Posted by batmannflash (6215 posts) - - Show Bio

Going by movie versions, Zod and his army would win.

#14 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor had troubles fighting iron man. Throw Loki in there and they stand a chance.

#15 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod and his army Stomp

#16 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod and crew for the stomp. Id probably even say Zod, Faora, or Nam-Ek could solo.

My feelings on this fight as well.

#17 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Faora solos.

#18 Posted by The Stegman (23982 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers will kneel

#19 Posted by cattlebattle (12700 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man would defeat them with science.

#20 Posted by AttitudeEraGuy (229 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll have to give this one to Zod and his army.

#21 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Faora could take take of this by herself. The only way to defeat them is to send them back to the Phanton Zone.

#22 Posted by cattlebattle (12700 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

The only way to defeat them is to send them back to the Phanton Zone.

Also pull their helmets off so their senses drive them nuts, they are also vulnerable to broken necks apparently and you could also cut them off from Kryptons atmosphere apparently.

#23 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

The only way to defeat them is to send them back to the Phanton Zone.

Also pull their helmets off so their senses drive them nuts, they are also vulnerable to broken necks apparently and you could also cut them off from Kryptons atmosphere apparently.

Everyone is vulnerable to that :P

#24 Posted by cattlebattle (12700 posts) - - Show Bio
@sandman_ said:

Hulk isn't. I don't know about movie Hulk though. I assume he is vulnerable to whatever Mark Ruffalo is vulnerable too. Fact: Mark Ruffalos neck cannot be broken

#25 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

Hulk isn't. I don't know about movie Hulk though. I assume he is vulnerable to whatever Mark Ruffalo is vulnerable too. Fact: Mark Ruffalos neck cannot be broken

Heh. Faora can snap Hulks neck :P

#26 Posted by cattlebattle (12700 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

Heh. Faora can snap Hulks neck :P

No proof, no proof.

#27 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and Hulk should be able to hold their own but the rest of the Avengers are dead.

#29 Edited by ComicStooge (12569 posts) - - Show Bio

This. Zod with control of his powers would wreck them all. Adding the rest of them is major overkill.

#30 Posted by themountain616 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately for The Avengers I would say in my opinion that the General can solo them all. He has mastery over his Earthly abilities and in the film gave Superman a run for his money. Besides that he has his backup who are incredible fighters raised from birth to be ultimate warriors. I give this to Zod and his people.

#31 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Curbstomp for Zod crew and him a major curbstomp

#32 Edited by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Iron Man are all dead within the first twenty seconds.

Thor and Hulk take slightly longer... maybe a minute or two.

#33 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

Watched Dark World last night, Thor comes off really weak in that movie. Seriously, lets put our fandom aside for a minute and take a rational look at only the movie versions (take the comic book versions out of it), and it becomes obvious any of the major kryptonians would solo the Avengers, and it would be easy.

#34 Posted by Bogey (946 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod's crew by curbstomp.

#35 Posted by McDerpyson (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers... Say goodbye to your necks...

#36 Edited by AllStarSuperman (21752 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod's team stomps

#38 Edited by SOG7dc (7004 posts) - - Show Bio

in 5 4 3 2....

@cybrilious4 said:

So that oil tanker he couldn't lift is over a 100 tons?

not this again....

#39 Posted by Tyrus (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd definitely love to see Nam-Ek and Hulk throwdown... They both like taking down aircrafts, so I'd say they have something in common. Thor and... I guess Iron Man (who'd only last a minute) would take on Zod. Faora and the rest of Zod's army is the problem. I don't think The Avengers could take them all down.

#40 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (16746 posts) - - Show Bio