Batmanikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Batmanikk

Note: This has been posted in the Gen. Discussion. As it is a Discussion

Okay so this was in my Facebook Newsfeed. And I thought '' HEY LETS POST IT HERE!!!'' So who do you want to see in the Sequel to THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN???

It’s only been out for three days and already rumors are flying about The Amazing Spider-Man. In true Marvel movie style, it’s the film’s after credit sequence that’s sparking all the interest. We’re going to try and avoid dropping too much plot information so as not to ruin the film for those who haven’t seen it, but as the scene sets up the sequel The Amazing Spider-Man 2, perhaps now’s the time for all those who haven’t got to the cinema yet to stop reading.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Still there? OK. good, well the mid-closing credit sequence of The Amazing Spider-Man features an imprisoned Curt Connors speaking to a shadowy character billed only as ‘Man in the Shadows’. Rumor has it that whoever this mystery man is he’ll be the sequel’s villain. People have suggested a whole host of villains from The Chameleon to my personal favorite Mysterio, though no one has any concrete evidence to back up their claims. Except that is, for Entertainment Weekly who think they know who it is based on the casting choice of Michael Massee alone. According to EW:
We can’t overlook the fact that Massee bears an uncanny resemblance to Willem Dafoe, who played Osborn back in Sam Raimi’s first Spider-Man movie. It could be that the makers of Amazing are following the same playbook established by Christopher Nolan with his Batman films: The reboot features a lesser-known nemesis (Scarecrow/Lizard), and the reboot sequel brings in the main villain (Joker/Green Goblin.)

While I do like the idea of a ‘Christopher Nolan playbook’ and it would be the logical next choice for a Spider-Man villain, there’s just one problem with that theory: Rhys Ifans is denying it. Speaking to Comic Book Movie, he talks about the closing scene and assures us that it won’t be Osborn:
A representative from OsCorp appears miraculously in the room. How he gets in there and how he leaves, we don’t know. Maybe we will find out. But it’s not Norman Osborn.
Well, that sort of throws a huge spanner into the works. Still, perhaps Ifans is covering for Webb to help keep some mystery alive, or maybe it’ll be someone else donning the Green Goblin mantle all together? One thing is for sure, which ever villain appears in the next film, they’ll have to be pretty huge to top the excellent job Ifans did with The Lizard.
Scioli54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Scioli54

I've wanted to see Kraven on film since Raimi's movies.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Superguy0009e

They need to show more of the heroic Spiderman. I really didn't feel that this Spiderman was the hero from the comics. They need to up the ante and really show how good of a person Peter is.

As for a villain, I would love to see Tombstone or the Jackal, maybe even see a Spider Island storyline (all those spiders could mean more Spidermen)