• 52 results
Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I just saw the movie again last night, and I decided that it was really good. Sure the Peter/Gwen romance took up a little too much screentime (but it was so well-written that I can forgive that) and sure finding out the mystery behind Peter's parents kinda killed the magic (I hate when that happens) but it was still a good movie. Why? Because it actually felt like I was watching a comic book. The villains had colorful costumes and hammy lines, and the movie made it work! Not to mention the acting was really good (like Electro's villain speech and Peter's reaction to Gwen's death) and Electro's theme music was so great it belongs up there with Darth Vader and the Joker.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I just saw the movie again last night, and I decided that it was really good. Sure the Peter/Gwen romance took up a little too much screentime (but it was so well-written that I can forgive that) and sure finding out the mystery behind Peter's parents kinda killed the magic (I hate when that happens) but it was still a good movie. Why? Because it actually felt like I was watching a comic book. The villains had colorful costumes and hammy lines, and the movie made it work! Not to mention the acting was really good (like Electro's villain speech and Peter's reaction to Gwen's death) and Electro's theme music was so great it belongs up there with Darth Vader and the Joker.

I kinda agree and I kinda don't - it certainly isn't a mess, or a bad film - it's fine.

Glad you enjoy it.

- TAS

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I wasnt a fan of Harry/Goblin or how he looked. People say in SM1 they murdered Goblins costume but I kinda loved that one as a child since it kinda scared me a little but its prob nostalgia. I think Electro was don great but Rihno should have been done wrong by peter to have motivation. I still cant remember much from him I think he was in the robbery scene. The writting wsnt good but Im not to critical of CB movies on the writting. Personally I would have liked to see Harry sneak on Gwen and knock her out since he knew Spidey was Peter and then throw her on the clock tower while fighting Peter. That way he would never say goodbye and it would just build up hate, give Harry a quick beating [ nothing to long maybe 2-3min tops ] and realize hes bigger than that and leave thinking he could have saved her or something.

IDK if that ending would have been good but it just plays out nicely in my head lol. Im not a movie writter tho so forgive me if it sucks.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@darthvxder:

That's cool - I personally liked The Goblin's look, and I liked the approach to the character, on the other hand, however, Dane Dehaan was overacting - but it somehow worked with the film. The writing of the film, generally, was ranging from bad to mediocre - the film had it's moment, an outstanding cast, and a lot of the times, it was a comic put onto the big screen. It isn't a bad film, it's fine.

No worries, man :) Nice ideas.

- TAS