Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By TheAmazingSpidey
No Caption Provided

(SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!)

So - I've watched ASM2 6 times now, here's my thoughts. I wrote a review before but my opinion has sort of changed - if you cant handle opinions, then please leave. Any insulting comments will be ignored and/or flagged, be it towards me or others. Thanks for reading...

Well - what do I think about ASM2? I friggin like it. It's got it's flaws, like... a lot of flaws, it's a 6.5/10 in my book... but honestly, if I were to rate it from pure enjoyment, you know what I would rate it? 9.5/10 or something like that. Why? Because it did the comics justice - and that doesn't happen very often. The structure, the aesthetic, Spidey's personality... I was basically watching a friggin Spidey comic book come to life!!

For once, finally, PP/SM acts like the Peter Parker/Spider-Man of the comics - there's stuff on the Peter Parker side that don't sit well with me (minor stuff, don't worry)... but the Spidey persona. They nailed it. Honestly - Andrew Garfield is on level with Robert Downey Jr. and Hugh Jackman for me - you can recast Peter Parker (well... kinda and kinda not, because Andrew Garfield is a brilliant actor), but Spidey... Andrew Garfield is Spider-Man straight from the comics. Everything - the body language, the way he talks, the writing, the delivery etc.

They finally crafted a Spidey (the writers, director and last and not least, Andrew Garfield) that moves, talks and acts like the Spidey of the comics, and a Peter Parker that moves, talks and acts like the Peter Parker of the comic books... believe me when I've read a lot of comic books.

Also - this is the most emotionally invested comic book to date, seriously, of all time. Gwen's death... it's heart wrenching and absolutely... gosh - it makes my heart beat so fast!

There's a lot of flaws, so critically, it's an okay film - but if I'm rating this as a Spidey/comic book film and out of pure enjoyment... it's deserving of a high rating. When I watch ASM2 - it's everything that is should be. The writing is.. eh... for the antagonist, and the movie is jumbled and a lot is meshed together... but ASM2, I just watch it, it makes me laugh, makes me want to cry and I lose myself for over 2 hours enjoying my favourite character done justice.

There's my short thoughts - a quick write up.

Thanks

- TAS