shenron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By shenron

8. Thanos___ Lady Death

This may seem like a weird choice, but if you notice in graphic novels like the infinity Gauntlet, Thanos lowers his power several times, and fights less hoping to impress Lady Death.

7. Cap.Marvel (marvel) Cancer_What a weakness, when find out your one the greatest comic super Heroes ever! you might fill good about yourself until you realize cancer kills you.

6. Mytslipick___ This is a little dwarf guy from the 5th demenision who can beat up on Supes... unless you say kcipilstyM

5.Daredevil---Sound____This is an unofficial weakness, but due to his Super Radiated senses loud noises hurt really bad. couldn't someone with a megaphone weaken him long enough to escape his grasp.

4. Aquaman---Hot,Dry,weather or basically being on land or out of water to long.

3. Martian Manhunter___Fire Martian Manhunter is one of the toughest super heroes ever. (unless you have a Zippo handy)

2. Hal-Jordan__Yellow Hal Jordan is tough and Yellow is a super dumb weakness, very dumb weakness,man it is so dumb their is only one more on my list (can he shoot through mustard?).

1. Alen Scott __Wood Alen Scott is weak to Wood!!! I could instantly K.O. Alen with a 2/4...

HAHAHAHA

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Its funny cause Alan Scott is gay now.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

what about superman_kryptonite

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shenron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonite is not lame because it is a very rare rock, so nobody might find it

If it was just some rock

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

Did the OP just make fun of someone dying of Cancer?

Avatar image for nightcrawler358
NightCrawler358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People always point out the stupidity of yellow and wood as weaknesses, but that wouldn't stop GL from crushing a man with a giant green bus before he can raise his yellow stick. Or like, picking up a real mailbox and throwing it at you or something.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KnightRise

8. Adds character depth and prevents him from truly being OP.

7. A real world relatable story, from Marvel?? Gasps!

6. You spelled it wrong, twice.

5. Yes, but its not like clapping and banging pots paralyze him.

4. No, not really.

3. Its been more of an aversion than total pyro-impotence for a while.

2. That was assimilated into the story and nullified nine years ago.

1. True, but when you can solo the JSA and possess the entire Starheart, any challenger with a 2X4 is a fool to begin with.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joshmightbe

Also the story where Mar-Vel dies of cancer is one of Marvel's best stories ever.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@shenron said:

8. Thanos___ Lady Death

This may seem like a weird choice, but if you notice in graphic novels like the infinity Gauntlet, Thanos lowers his power several times, and fights less hoping to impress Lady Death.

7. Cap.Marvel (marvel) Cancer_What a weakness, when find out your one the greatest comic super Heroes ever! you might fill good about yourself until you realize cancer kills you.

6. Mytslipick___ This is a little dwarf guy from the 5th demenision who can beat up on Supes... unless you say kcipilstyM

5.Daredevil---Sound____This is an unofficial weakness, but due to his Super Radiated senses loud noises hurt really bad. couldn't someone with a megaphone weaken him long enough to escape his grasp.

4. Aquaman---Hot,Dry,weather or basically being on land or out of water to long.

3. Martian Manhunter___Fire Martian Manhunter is one of the toughest super heroes ever. (unless you have a Zippo handy)

2. Hal-Jordan__Yellow Hal Jordan is tough and Yellow is a super dumb weakness, very dumb weakness,man it is so dumb their is only one more on my list (can he shoot through mustard?).

1. Alen Scott __Wood Alen Scott is weak to Wood!!! I could instantly K.O. Alen with a 2/4...

HAHAHAHA

7. Cancer wasn't his weakness, it was just something he got.

6. I never was too fond of that, seemed more like a joke character anyway so his weakness is silly.

5. It's a logical weakness. He has super senses, so a weakness would be overloading his super senses. It isn't something as asinine as getting him to say "Livederad."

4. Again, a logical weakness.

3. A fear of fire isn't so bad. I would say though that Martian Manhunter needs to be powered down significantly, then he wouldn't need a weakness like that.

2. Well... everyone needs a weakness? lol.

1. Allen Scott got his powers from a magical tree, so it would make sense that said tree wouldn't want him to be able to harm it's brethren. It's a better weakness than the color yellow too.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

The weaknesses of the Goblins in Princess and the Goblin were pretty lame. Seriously, their weaknesses are singing and hurting their feet (Which are apparently where their testicles are?) The rest of the movie pretty much matches the Goblin's weaknesses in quality, it's pretty god awful.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron:

Numbers 2 and 1 leads to one of my favorite bits from Big Bang Theory!

"I like Green Lantern, I'm just saying it's pretty lame that he can be defeated by the color yellow.

"Only the modern Green Lantern is vulnerable to yellow."

"Golden Age Green Lantern was vulnerable to wood."

"Great. So I can take them both out with a number 2 pencil?"

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I always thought Wonder Woman had the worst weakness. If a man ties her hands up, she's powerless........That's a dumb weakness

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I always thought Wonder Woman had the worst weakness. If a man ties her hands up, she's powerless........That's a dumb weakness

oh yeah this always sounded stupid to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Alan's weakness was removed in the 90's, it was him believing he was weak to wood if I remember correctly

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#16  Edited By amazing_webhead

I'd like to point out that both Aquaman's weakness of dry land and Hal's weakness to yellow have been removed.

@shenron said:

Kryptonite is not lame because it is a very rare rock, so nobody might find it

If it was just some rock

Rare? RARE!? It's got to be the most common mineral in comic book history! Seriously, in every boss fight, the bad guy somehow has a huge chunk of it! Multiply that by about 1,000,000,000,000 and you've got the Donner/Synger films.

shenron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rare as in lyou need the right money and supplies to find kyrptonite unless you had all the right millions of dollars in flying digging and checking rocks for radiation.

they are common all around the planet

but finding it is the hard part

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

HA! I see what you did there!

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kal'smahboi

I always thought J'onn's weakness to fire would be better as a phobia, an irrational fear, rather than an actual weakness. Not sure if it's ever been played that way or not.

shenron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dont get mad at me ok, I love hal jordan just as much as you do. I am just thinking about some of the most annoying weakness or deaths

Superman or Captain Marvel can take just about any thing even just about every disease but captain mar-vel with his super powered comic stuff cant handle going to some space station and ask for future help?

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Kryptonite. First thing that popped into my head.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Did the OP just make fun of someone dying of Cancer?

Exactly what I thought. -_-

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonite and the color yellow first came to mind.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The color yellow and Green Lanterns.

Kryptonite and the color yellow first came to mind.

Yep.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Havenless

Thanos and Daredevil's weaknesses are actually interesting and are rooted in who their characters are. Martian Manhunter, however, might have the best weakness of them all. It's a psychological weakness, and for such a poweful character it's quite powerful, figuratively speaking.

My number 1 is easily kryptonite. It's like DC realised about halfway through writing Superman that they made him WAY too poweful, and there's no drama in a god character mopping the floor with everyone. "Eh, let's just take the easy route and make up some plot device that brings him from hero to zero instantly. How about an allergy to green rocks? Brilliant!"

shenron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By shenron

the rock is not green, the radiation makes it a green glow

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squirrels.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

Alan Scott doesn't have the wood weakness and so does Hal to the color Yellow.

shenron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It dosn't matter if he dosn't if wood isn't a weakness now, we are only naming weakness from any time

Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Lantern color weaknesses and color coding don't make any sense PERIOD. There are thousands of sentient species in the Green Lantern Corps...why would they all see the exact same range of the electro-magnetic spectrum as human beings? In continuity, human beings have only been part of the Corps for like 10 years.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

Isn't Wonder Woman vulnerable to sharp objects? Bullets, swords, and all that?

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7 said:

@shenron:

Numbers 2 and 1 leads to one of my favorite bits from Big Bang Theory!

"I like Green Lantern, I'm just saying it's pretty lame that he can be defeated by the color yellow.

"Only the modern Green Lantern is vulnerable to yellow."

"Golden Age Green Lantern was vulnerable to wood."

"Great. So I can take them both out with a number 2 pencil?"

Stupid Raj, you don't know anything about comics, GTHO.

I can't believe I liked that show, seeing now it's Fanbase is populated by "nerds".

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

2x4, 2/4 would be 2 divided by 4 ;). (And if we want to get technical, he would stop your arms & body if they weren't covered by wood. Sharpened wooden spears or arrows would be a better bet. Although at one point Alan becomes made of the Starheart & is only hurt by wooden weapons because he THINKS he should be).

I second Kryptonite. I know I shouldn't expect comic writers (especially "back when") to be scientists as well, but it just irks me (because it doesn't logically make sense given the mechanics/physics of radiation & radiation poisoning). When looked at logically, it's purely a plot device to dumb-down an almost god-like character.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: isn't that every woman's weakness?! I kid! I kid! $hit Hacksaw Jim Duggan would've gave Alan Scott nightmares back in the day with his big 2x4. New 52 Alan on the other hand love's ole Hacksaw's 2x4.

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

HA! I see what you did there!

you saw that too huh? i'm thinking he's especially weak to morning wood- the breakfast of champions

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8. Adds character depth and prevents him from truly being OP.

7. A real world relatable story, from Marvel?? Gasps!

6. You spelled it wrong, twice.

5. Yes, but its not like clapping and banging pots paralyze him.

4. No, not really.

3. Its been more of an aversion than total pyro-impotence for a while.

1. True, but when you can solo the JSA and possess the entire Starheart, any challenger with a 2X4 is a fool to begin with.

THIS THIS THIS.

The ignorance in the OP is astounding.It's even funny. But hey,way to be a complete retard and ignore and take out a large bulk of the history and context,etc just to fit that baseless argument filled with logical fallacies.

But hey,we all want our characters to be unbeatable and uninteresting when they can only fight through punching and ki crap from DBZ....topped off with incredibly inconsistent and gaudy crap.

For example

8. Not really a weakness,more like a deep emotional attachment.I know,WEIRD that a sentient powerful being can fall in love with another! It's not like he has emotions or anything!

7. I know! Isn't it just silly that a living organism with cells and a VERY similar makeup to us would suffer from Cancer...something that affects us all.It's not like it's possible for (a type) of his cells to become irregular by some possible means and continue to reproduce these damaged cells.It's not like cancer cells reproduce the fastest..and hell,it's not like Captain Marvel actually does risky things...I thought that people like him stay in their house all day!

6. He's a reality alterer from another dimension.I think it's a neat weakness.

5. I think he has enough experience to have some control over this,but yes an INCREDIBLY loud noise can incapacitate him.However, it must be a REALLY loud noise.Something FAR FAR FAR louder than a gunshot.So again,thanks for taking things out of context and ignoring a LARGE bulk of information.BTW,it only makes sense for something like this to happen when you have heightened senses (to the max).If something like that didn't happen then it would be a bit inconsistent and make little sense.

4. True,but at the same time not really.Do you know how long he stays away from water? It's not like it's 2 hours in and 1 hour out.So,thanks for taking things out of context.

3. Actually,don't the martians have a physical makeup that makes them more susceptible to fire than most other organisms? Also,it's a profound psychological weakness,mostly.So...I am not even going to repeat myself.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Wonder Woman: Losing all of your powers because your hands were tied together by a man. WTF? I'm so glad later continuities tossed this weakness out of the window.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah, comics have some really weird weaknesses. But that Captain Marvel one doesn't count at all. If that's a "weakness", than I guess the majority of characters have that one.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

Wonder Woman: Losing all of your powers because your hands were tied together by a man. WTF? I'm so glad later continuities tossed this weakness out of the window.

THIS!

amutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#40  Edited By amutant

Vampires weakness to sunlight, wood, garlic, and water.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

amutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

@mk111: I know, mostly the traditional version.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

How about small knives? >_<

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#44  Edited By sinestro_GL

What about all the heroes without Super-powers?

Weakness to bullets, knives, cars, snakes etc.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Onemoreposter

@shenron: I think the Martian Manhunter's fire weakness is a great plot device. This is one of my favorite all time Batman panels.

No Caption Provided

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron: I think the Martian Manhunter's fire weakness is a great plot device. This is one of my favorite all time Batman panels.

No Caption Provided

That is pretty ridiculous.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By fodigg

@bruxae said:

Is that even still his weakness though? Isn't he now powered by the Green?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

@bruxae said:

Is that even still his weakness though? Isn't he now powered by the Green?

what does him being gay have to do with anything?....I don't get it.

And yea,he is powered by the Green.I am guessing that The Green's enemy is The Grey,and Solomon Grundy was the avatar of the Grey....or something like that.

Avatar image for hoarderofhilarity
Hoarderofhilarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Gay people are famous for their carpentry

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@cameron83: A gay man who doesnt like wood is sort of contradictory.