Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By DarthShap

@etragedy said:

Uhmmm... Hello...

Batman punches out Guy Gardner in Justice League #5?

On the contrary, the greatest moment was this:

No Caption Provided
pinkm00n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By pinkm00n

Ouch,Batman must be ache

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By Eyz

Ha! Walking Dead! XD

Always loved that Max/Wonder Woman panel. Agree or disagree with me, you can't deny how iconic it has become since then!

Man... you didn't need to bring back that "Santa raep" to mind! X___X Oh man.. my eyes... noooooo!!

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By ThomasElliot

Hmmm... I predict Sue Dibny rape in top 10. Or rather, the entire Identity Crisis will be an entry. let's see.

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By ThomasElliot

@Mandrewgora:

Ohhhh man.... THAT's what defines Walking Dead, are those moments like that. No one is safe. Its from that point forward that you realize WHO'S story its all about really.

armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By armylife1124

The Walking Dead momen was the most HOLY .......moment I have ever read in comics. Though many of this series single issues have ended with a moment that made you say wow, this one made me actually set the book down for minute.

ogarza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By ogarza
SeanNOLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By SeanNOLA

@fodigg said:

When a hero’s dressed up in the American flag, reactions to his patriotism will range. Some will see it as just a cool outfit without any political connotations, others will see it as an aggressive expression of jingoism. Cap’s attitude about the suit has been continually redefined by writers over the years, and the big "A" he insists on wearing on his forehead has gotten almost as many snickers as the wings on his temples. Thus, it's just cathartic to see Cap, in the heat of battle, finally expressing some RA-RA enthusiasm for one of his costume's potentially sillier design elements and for all the patriotic pride it exudes.

Oh my god I HATED that moment. Cap is a new deal era democrat who fought alongside the French resistance and has shown nothing but esteem for them, one time even calling out how BS the anti-French sentiment is in modern America—

—so what should Ultimate Cap do? Well, he should bag on France like he was born in the 90s.

I want to man-have your babies.

I thought that it was weird to have that moment on the list and not even mention the ONLY REASON it's so memorable: it pissed off a LOT of European readers and shined a light on the fact that Captain America is one of the most popular characters, not just in the US, but in the world.

pahphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By pahphoenix

@ThomasElliot: Top 5.

BigTPotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#110  Edited By BigTPotts

my two favourites there are storm vs cyclops & catwoman & batman kiss! Yeah! The best one so far!

Dirk_Dexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Dirk_Dexter

Barbara Gordon being shot by the Joker will be in the top 3

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Scarbearer

Great LIst I've really been enjoying this series.

Though with only 10 to 1 left I get the feeling that my favorite moment in all of comic dom is not going to make the cute. Still I'm curious what Comic Vine lists in their top 10. There's been alot more contemporary stuff that I expected on the this list, but I'm wondering do you guys think there are any contemporary moments that'll crack the top 10? Or do you think for the top ten we're msotly going be looking to events at least 15 to 20years ago or even potentially longer?

TheMinister707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By TheMinister707

Calling it now: Ozymandias destroys New York City with a SQUID monster and stops WWIII in "Watchmen" as #1.

No Caption Provided
AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#114  Edited By AgeofHurricane

DP812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#115  Edited By DP812

That scene in Ultimates with Cap using the tired old "haha, France surrendered" joke was ridiculously stupid. I hate Millar's jingoistic, racist Cap, he's nothing more than a stereotype of the awful American. A scene demeaning a great character does not deserve to be on a "Greatest Moments in Comics" list.

DP812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#116  Edited By DP812

@fodigg said:

When a hero’s dressed up in the American flag, reactions to his patriotism will range. Some will see it as just a cool outfit without any political connotations, others will see it as an aggressive expression of jingoism. Cap’s attitude about the suit has been continually redefined by writers over the years, and the big "A" he insists on wearing on his forehead has gotten almost as many snickers as the wings on his temples. Thus, it's just cathartic to see Cap, in the heat of battle, finally expressing some RA-RA enthusiasm for one of his costume's potentially sillier design elements and for all the patriotic pride it exudes.

Oh my god I HATED that moment. Cap is a new deal era democrat who fought alongside the French resistance and has shown nothing but esteem for them, one time even calling out how BS the anti-French sentiment is in modern America—

—so what should Ultimate Cap do? Well, he should bag on France like he was born in the 90s.

Yes, thank you. This scene was running through my head while I wrote my response. This scene shows the REAL Cap, a man who has respect for countries that aren't America, a man who understands true American values. Not a jingoistic asshole.

Hence why Brubaker is one of the greatest Cap writers in history and why Millar is the lowest of the low.

SigersonLTD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By SigersonLTD

@TheMinister707: Can't be true. Since he basically brought the world to the brink in the first place. And of course, they mucked it up in the movie, but that's because they added things, and subtracted others....

desperado_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By desperado_

I cant believe you spoiled the walking dead for me.......

desperado_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By desperado_

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@Bub_A_Luphagus said:

and had to be riduculed by Mr. Fantastic in order to keep his strength up.

hulk's strengh comes from anger, and it increases along with it. don't forget that this was Banner's mind fully conscious and not savage or mindless hulk which does affect a lot.

@Bub_A_Luphagus said:

, he didn't actually lift the whole mountain, he was leveraging one area up

there is no 100% undebatable way to prove that

If someone were able to lift an entire mountain up, the mountain would crumble around the object applying force. So If he really did lift that mountain, than he has the power to defy the laws of physics too. But than again Superman does it all the time (lifting entire building etc).

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Hulk lifting a mountain, Some of these aren't legit

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#121  Edited By Static Shock

Hulk just supported the mountain. He didn't lift it off the ground. LOL.

Avatar image for blacklightning13
Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

16 is sack but the rest is pretty good