Thanos - Infinity Event Question

nimstradamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Did anyone feel like Thanos was not too broken up about the Infinity Gems being destroyed and the time gem still being missing?

I could have sworn that the major build-up to this event was that Thanos was pissed that the gems had been destroyed and he was going to wreak havoc, but then we learned he was also there to kill his own son.

Maybe I need to re-read the event, but I almost felt like the gems being destroyed was almost brushed to the side and never discussed again.

I can almost see it where Thane (Thanos' son) is going to end up being a huge threat, leading the Illuminati/Avengers to make the unfortunate choice of "reviving" Thanos from his current state to help them stop his son.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he really cared.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GrenadeFlow

He was still searching for the Gem up to Infinity #6 IIRC

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nimstradamus: Yeah he said something to Supergiant or Proxima about having only one gem would make him a god. Knowing Hickman it'll pop up again eventually. Considering all the time travel going on in the Marvel Universe I'm sure it wasn't a coincidence that that's the gem that went missing.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure Thane is a good guy

micahparadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By micahparadise

Yep. Hickman has something up his sleeve for sure @nimstradamus. EVERYTHING in his stories have a purpose that will be revealed later on. (For those unfamiliar with Hickmans style of storytelling, read his run on the fantastic four and ff titles). I cant wait to see the ramifications of the gems being destroyed except one

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I feel that Thane was the main reason Thanos came to earth. He senses the gaulet reform in New Avengers issue 3 so he knew it was on earth but I felt that he thought they were secondary in importance. I do feel that Thanos will be unfrozen from his current state to help the New Avengers and the Aveners fight the threats that the Black Swan had mentioned in New Avengers issue 13.