Thanos as a high level telepath?

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spambot

what is the idea of him being a high level tp based on? I know he has extremely high level resistance but I don't recall seeing him using tp much whatsoever. Even in the Thanos series(written by Starlin so cannot be dismissed as wis) when he wants to contact Galactus he has to bring in Moondragon in order to establish a telepathic connection. So what actual feats does he have to establish him as having high level tp? Scans showing him having high level tp resistance are not what I consider proof either.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spambot

Most of those scans seem to fall under the category of tp resistance. I am specifically asking for showings of high level tp. Messing with Pip's mind isn't exactly a high level tp showing. Also, one of those scans is like the one I mentioned above where he is asking Moondragon to give him access to someone else's mind. I specifically asked for scans showing actual tp feats as opposed to tp resistance in the op.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: im not trying to sway you one way or another. these as far as i know are all thanos' TP feats. i copy and pasted all of them so you can see, lol dont shoot the messenger

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spambot

@rpgesus: I'm not shooting anyone. I'm just replying to the post you made. Most of those scans just aren't what I was looking for. I appreciate the effort but none of those scans I saw really stand out as evidence of high level tp ability. Its my opinion that Starlin never intended for Thanos to be seen as a high level telepath. I'm not even sure he created him having any tp ability.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: yeah his TP is probably overblown. these are about all his tp feats i believe

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I assume it's just part of Thanos' usual 'I have every power you can think of' powerset. Like he has protection strong enough to resist Galactus, he's stronger than Hulk and Thor on most occasions and more durable, nth levels of psionics and immunity from pretty much everything that could bypass any of that.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: It seems to be thought of that way but the difference is that energy projection/protection has been repeatedly demonstrated by him while tp has rarely if ever been shown by him. I think a lot of people assume that his super strong resistance also means he is a high level telepath. I have most of Starlin's Thanos stuff and have yet to see a high level tp feat by him.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Outside_85

@spambot: Since I challenged them on the notion in a battle once, they pulled out a scan of him doing something of the sort on a Herald-level character he had knocked out during the fight.

But aside that, I think it's as much down to the same logic that Dr. Doom runs by: TP<willpower.