Tell me what you think.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03864217ce8
deactivated-5c03864217ce8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I had an idea for a game that essentially matches the premise of the battle forums here on Comic Vine. Sort of like Injustice:Gods Among Us, but more dynamic and customisable, 2D maybe 3rd person perspective combat game, you can play as the character e.g Batman for example but rather unlike Injustice you can't just fight characters like Superman Straight off the bat (pun intended)

You would have to say for example play through the solo/story mode for that character to unlock one out of a few equipment slots, in this case first play through with Batman unlocks the Kryptonite ring for example, which weakens Superman's stat's improving your chance of defeating that Character. Then perhaps a second play through on hard, getting unlocks, secrets, whatever, grants you his 2nd equipment unlock, the Mech suit which boosts your strength and durability stats enabling you to take on stronger characters like say Aquaman, Wonder Woman, or combined with the kryptonite ring much improves your chances of beating Superman.

The game could for example start of with 50 comic book characters (Maybe hidden unlock- able ones) And say 35 or so popular fight arenas from the comics. However instead of just say taking control of a Character to do battle with other players, you could also leave the character on a preset A.I system tailor made for each individual hero, that most accurately represents the finest capabilities of that particular character from the comics. For example you could do a battle say between Captain America and Batman, but just between the A.I, to watch and decide who wins once and for all. You could set things such as morals on where the character only deals out sufficient damage/executes moves or powers on the opponent until he is incapacitated, meaning the losing character could have a slight chance of recovering and re engaging after he has been beat down, or morals off where it is to the death.

A bloodlust option for example could boost that particular heroes a.i to a max level, defined within a realistic maximum potential for a particular hero, so for example Captain America can't one punch superman, but it's boosted to a higher level (then if it was morals on) a.i desperately trying to kill the opponent. Things such as Starting distance/spots (depending on map size), Equipment default or pre-select, prep time (not sure how that would work perhaps modifies the a.i or equipment) disabling certain powers (such as removing Superman's heat vision, lowering Flashes speed etc..) could all be set. The A.I systems would have to be quite complex and thorough to be accurate and realistic enough, and should be based on canon powers/feats most know/commonly accepted for that character and not on showings that would be deemed PIS.

This would require research and consoltation for each A.I system being designed, but if done properly could be quite rewarding. Online matchmaking would require unlocking items/equipment for characters through completing play throughs/tasks, But a separate custom game mode would have all characters/equipment/arenas unlocked ready for you to experiment, challenge your friends, or discover the final outcomes of battles between your favourite heroes based on your rules, thanks to the detailed and accurate A.I. You could have maybe up to 4v4 max player counts (higher if possible) or 4vs2, 2vs3, depending on the capabilities/power levels of the character you chose. You could as do rounds and gauntlets, facing off against increasingly difficult opponents in succession.

Arena size would depend on the gameplay perspective. If it's traditional (like Mortal Combat) you could have destructible environments, multiple levels. If it's a 3rd person, you could have all that in larger map sizes and have it be more dynamic and visually immersive, with the options to change camera angles depending on weather you are playing controller to controller, or letting the a.i decide the characters fates, and maybe even custom made maps.

New characters/arenas could be added bi monthly or so, based on popular fan selection, and could hopeful expand to include hundreds of characters from both DC and Marvel and maybe even other universe's!

Think of it as like the battle forums but in video game mode, but with the ability to still play it traditionally e.g Injustice.

If some development team made this video game i would buy 10 copies.

Interested to hear your feedback/Suggestions/additions.

EDIT: I'm sure some one has thought of this before, this is just my 2cents.

EDIT: I realize this would probably never happen, as the budget, and time taken to develop the characters behaviours and A.I to a satisfactory level would take too long. Just a thought.

Cheers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03864217ce8
deactivated-5c03864217ce8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No one?