#51  Edited By tensor

TK for me or Super Speed.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Telepathy would probably be most useful. But it could be a pain if I can't control it well, hearing a whole neighbourhoods thoughts at one time would give me a headache.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

telepathy. Think of all those real world problems you could solve with that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Telekinesis would be cool, but eventually others would discover your power; you'd be captured, experimented on, and imprisoned/killed(same with super speed). With telepathy no one would discover your power because there's no physical evidence of it.

mcdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If superspeed also extands to thinking, then its a stomp. You can crush telepaths before they even can fire a synapse.

Ans telekinesis is bottom feeder o matter what. You'll move faster than whayever they can throw at you.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@xlr87t3 said:

Because of these comments and because of watching the 2012 movie "Chronicle", I think I am going with telekinesis. Also, I have no problem killing animals including gorillas for testing or practice, but humans are strictly off-limits.

Seriously? Since you are going to be saving humans, you should be testing with them, not killing gorillas to benefit humans. What kind of sickos are you guys? Test with humans or don't do it. You aren't going to be helping gorillas or other animals when you are a superhero, so why should you kill them? They have more right to their lives than psychos like you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:

Because of these comments and because of watching the 2012 movie "Chronicle", I think I am going with telekinesis. Also, I have no problem killing animals including gorillas for testing or practice, but humans are strictly off-limits.

I don't see why you'd need to practice on people with TK or SS. If I had to choose, I'd much rather test my powers on reprehensible human beings than innocent animals.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Telekinesis. It can imitate a ton of other powers, and when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to walk over and get something I can grab it with my mind and float it over to me.

KesheR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Telepathy, even at small scale, would make you the ruler of the world in a matter of months.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously? Since you are going to be saving humans, you should be testing with them, not killing gorillas to benefit humans. What kind of sickos are you guys? Test with humans or don't do it. You aren't going to be helping gorillas or other animals when you are a superhero, so why should you kill them? They have more right to their lives than psychos like you.

>Killing & testing animals is a sin

>Killing humans is better

>Calls me a psycho

Loading Video...
@sprior93 said:

I don't see why you'd need to practice on people with TK or SS. If I had to choose, I'd much rather test my powers on reprehensible human beings than innocent animals.

Because I need to know my limits somehow. And I'd rather kill a dumb animal than a human being any day, if I had to choose. Besides, it's in the name of science!

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@xlr87t3 said:

@blackspidey2099 said:

>Killing & testing animals is a sin

>Killing humans is better

>Calls me a psycho

Loading Video...
@sprior93 said:

Because I need to know my limits somehow. And I'd rather kill a dumb animal than a human being any day, if I had to choose. Besides, it's in the name of science!

Lol. Are you trying to prove how stupid you are? Those "dumb" animals are almost certainly smarter than you. Hopefully someone tests their powers on you and shuts you up for good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:

@sprior93 said:

Pfft, don't even act like you're TK could handle this....

No Caption Provided

Ultime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenfuse: you know you can do telephathy with telekinesis, right?

InsidiousX13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: @blackspidey2099: You are a ver ignorant person. Animals can not reason like Homo Saipens do. They can only rely on instinct. If you want to rant about caring about animals go do it on a forum for specificly that! This is a thread for people battling about tk, tp and SS. Or did you not read that when you clicked on this thread? :/

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insidiousx13:

Actually there's been extensive studies done on bonobos, chimps, and other great apes that have concluded that apes possess all the necessary mental qualities to be considered intelligent, emotional animals just like humans. They can rationalize, they can sympathize, and they can feel empathy for others. Apes can understand and use none-vocal language about as well as human children can, and one bonobo has even learned how to play Pac-Man well enough to beat the game.

Apes have even shown that when they look into the mirror they recognize themselves in the mirror. This shows that like humans they can understand the concept of self.

There's a movement now that is trying to get great apes to have the same legal rights as human beings because, as far as all evidence suggests, they are just as capable of intelligent thought as we are. They just aren't as advanced yet.

Basically, killing apes to test your skills is morally identical to murdering children to the same end.

InsidiousX13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By InsidiousX13

@metaljimmor: You miss understood I never said that killing apes was right. I just was trying to stop somone from getting off topic. Thanks for the information though, you learn something new everyday!

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insidiousx13:

Actually there's been extensive studies done on bonobos, chimps, and other great apes that have concluded that apes possess all the necessary mental qualities to be considered intelligent, emotional animals just like humans. They can rationalize, they can sympathize, and they can feel empathy for others. Apes can understand and use none-vocal language about as well as human children can, and one bonobo has even learned how to play Pac-Man well enough to beat the game.

Apes have even shown that when they look into the mirror they recognize themselves in the mirror. This shows that like humans they can understand the concept of self.

There's a movement now that is trying to get great apes to have the same legal rights as human beings because, as far as all evidence suggests, they are just as capable of intelligent thought as we are. They just aren't as advanced yet.

Basically, killing apes to test your skills is morally identical to murdering children to the same end.

No Caption Provided

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say telepathy. If I could influence someone's thoughts, I could open a lot of doors for my self in the world. If I could read someones mind, I could anticipate almost anything and learn something from so many different viewpoints. I could go to a conference and learn so much without ever saying a word.

But, there is the downside. Ethics--I personally wouldn't want my free will compromised and I wouldn't want anyone else reading my thoughts.

telekinesis. There is so much I could do with that, but it might make me too lazy. However, it would be very helpful for helping in a disaster.

Super Speed. This would probably be the best for me. I would use it explore the world.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: Ape=/=Human children.

All the stuff you have listed for apes, pigs have proven to have the same,except for the non-vocal language (no fingers),and lol pacman (pigs are already just as good with the joystick games, so it's possible if they play Pacman too). And yes, mentally Pigs are comparable to 3 year olds. Are you going to compare swine to children too? All Mammals can feel empathy, even mice; many animals can rationalize, too, like dogs, monkeys, some parrots. None of that stuff makes them any more human. Even Jane Goodall wrote "I cannot conceive of chimpanzees developing emotions, one for the other, comparable in any way to the tenderness, the protectiveness, tolerance, and spiritual exhilaration that are the hallmarks of human love in its truest and deepest sense."

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3:

All you're doing is proving we shouldn't be torturing and killing animals in general. I absolutely detest the fact that we keep our farm animals under such awful conditions. It's one thing to eat an animal as that's just a part of the natural circle of life, but it's quite another to keep them under wildly inhospitable living conditions and making them suffer in agony to the point they go insane.

Also, having the mental capacity of a three year old isn't quite the same degree of intelligence as an ape. There was a parrot who has the intelligence of a five year old, though he's passed away. The fact that we can openly communicate with great apes puts them way too close to us for me to feel comfortable killing them.

Ultimately it comes down to how you define humanity, and what you consider the limits of moral interaction with these creatures. I don't consider us inherently superior to other animals just because we have an evolutionary edge, and while I'm certainly not going to stop eating meat any more than I expect animals to, I don't agree we should be making their lives miserable or keep killing them without cause.

For anyone who's reading this and would like to know more about animal intelligence I'll drop a few links, but I don't want to de-rail the thread any further.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_(parrot)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanzi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washoe_(chimpanzee)

RS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Speed=the creation of speedforce

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Why not all three?

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By XLR87T3

@metaljimmor:

All you're doing is proving we shouldn't be torturing and killing animals in general. I absolutely detest the fact that we keep our farm animals under such awful conditions. It's one thing to eat an animal as that's just a part of the natural circle of life, but it's quite another to keep them under wildly inhospitable living conditions and making them suffer in agony to the point they go insane.

All I'm proving is that your opinion isn't fact (which you admitted). No Non-Vegan really cares about what happens to the animals that are being turned into the food that they are eating. Totally oblivious to the workings of the Factory, and if not, "Out of sight, out of mind". What's cruel and what's not is up to individuals opinions, and the fact is that the grand majority of people agree that animal testing is good. "It's for science" they say. No wildly inhospitable living conditions in the name of science. And science is exactly what Telekinesis is all about.

Also, having the mental capacity of a three year old isn't quite the same degree of intelligence as an ape. There was a parrot who has the intelligence of a five year old, though he's passed away. The fact that we can openly communicate with great apes puts them way too close to us for me to feel comfortable killing them.

You are overstating the capabilities of apes. They are not as intelligent as 5 year old children, so either the parrot is smarter than apes or its intelligence estimation was just a mistake. The highest that apes have ever had their mental capacity compared to was 3.5 year old children, and only a few scientists/doctors agree. Barely better than pigs. Now, you mentioned parrots, so are you saying that the fact that we can openly communicate with them (ex: Alex before death) makes parrots "people"? Apes aren't special, and they're not equal to humans. They are still instinct driven animals that only match some forms of intelligence exhibited by young humans, and the only reason it will ever be considered "uncomfortable" to kill an ape is because they LOOK like human beings. Because other animals like Dolphins and Elephants are ranked higher on the intelligence ladder by most scientists, and parrots & pigs can at least come close or match apes in smartness, but none of them have a group of people trying to give them the same rights as humans just because "Hur durr smart as toddlers". Because they look like animals, not because "they are just as capable of intelligent thought as we are". There is no moral equivalence to killing a human toddler and killing any of these animals. Especially in the name of science.

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With a powerful enough TK, i can create shield that defend from everything.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garrick speed is a little op, he can reach anywhere on earth in a fouple seconds, maybe quicksilver speed is a better choice?

Avatar image for serpinethegreen
serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By serpinethegreen

@thedandyman:

Or if it turns out a family member fancies you or thinks sexual things

Yeah that would suck

For me it's tk, telepathy is cool but I wouldn't want that much control, do per speed is awesome but completely useless unless there are supervillains or someone to challenge. ..also imagine how boring everyone would be moving in slow motion, I'd go insane

So for me TK all the way

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Dratini1331

Best: In my opinion (it depends on degree of the skill obviously), TK is the best power as it's likely the most versatile in the head to head and against the widest array of situations.

Favorite: Super speed means never having traffic problems and being the greatest athlete to ever walk the earth. Presumably you don't even need to buy airfare to travel the globe, and if your powers are truly functional, you also hit way harder than most things.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TK. Most versatile.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers