#1 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats right

TALON #17

Written by TIM SEELEY

Art by JORGE LUCAS

Cover by EMANUEL SIMEONI

On sale MARCH 26 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T • FINAL ISSUE

Calvin Rose and Anya must defeat Lord Death Man, but there’s another master of death in the mix, the key to LDM’s plans: Dr. Darrk! Will Calvin Rose finally be resurrected, or will the Talon succumb to eternal Death?

#2 Posted by The Stegman (23081 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda saw this coming, it's why I didn't add it to my pull, I'm done investing time and money into a title to have it cancelled before issue 20

#3 Edited by AllStarSuperman (20036 posts) - - Show Bio

that kinda sucks, I wasn't reading it though

#4 Posted by VoodooPenguin (974 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, I just bought the first trade.

#5 Posted by Dernman (14732 posts) - - Show Bio

It wasn't Batman enough to survive. :p Seriously though I know people raved about it but I just wasn't into this book all that much. Also even if I was into it the whole Court of Owls thing was tired and overused in the that corner of the DCU. Like many things that become a hit they over use it.

#6 Posted by PapiNacho (2364 posts) - - Show Bio

@voodoopenguin: It's a complete story, James Tynion had a story to tell with the character and he already finished it. Tim Seely was only on board for two issues since the beginning.

That's how minor character's work, they'll replace him with another minor character on the post-Forever Evil launches. Hopefully.

#7 Posted by G_leno (919 posts) - - Show Bio

I was surprised that they even did this title in the first place. So, are we going to have Batman unchained or Superman/Cyborg to replace it?

#8 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11103 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they replace this with a worthy title that people will actually buy that isn't Batman or Superman. Somewhat hoping for some sort of Outsiders via Dick leading or Secret Six via Bane (especially after Arkham War)

#9 Posted by VoodooPenguin (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@papinacho: That's fine. I have too much to catch up on as it is. It just seems like DC has been canceling titles left and right since New 52.

#11 Posted by PapiNacho (2364 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_leno: Batman Unchained would actually make sense since you know, unlike Superman he could actually be chained.

#12 Edited by G_leno (919 posts) - - Show Bio

@papinacho:

I doubt that DC would release a title that made sense! lol.

#13 Posted by Paul2814 (94 posts) - - Show Bio

I picked up Talon up to issue #9 where it crossovered with Birds of Prey, book just dragged and I got bored, I did enjoy it whilst Snyder's name was on the cover at least.

Excited to see what new title we get in April! Will probably add at least 3 to my pull list!

#14 Posted by bob808 (6756 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOOOO! I loved that book.

#15 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5162 posts) - - Show Bio

Well damn, DC cancels another book I liked. I could see this one coming though, no support and I think it skipped a month or so between a few issues or maybe I'm tripping. Anyway, sad to see it go hopefully Calvin Rose can appear in another Bat book.

#16 Posted by MonsterStomp (15932 posts) - - Show Bio

Really DC? Really?

#17 Posted by JetiiMitra (8178 posts) - - Show Bio

TBH I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier. Not knocking the quality of the title or its idea (which I find very interesting), just didn't see it catching on well enough to continue.

#18 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7569 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly didn't expect it to last very long.

#19 Posted by joshmightbe (24609 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, Lord Death Man?! That's actually a name a grown up professional writer came up with for a non parody villain? That sounds like something an 8 year old doodled on scrap paper.

#20 Posted by VoodooPenguin (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I have actually read the series yet, so I was holding back. Maybe the name actors into something, but either way it comes off as insanely stupid to me.

#21 Posted by joshmightbe (24609 posts) - - Show Bio

@voodoopenguin: I wasn't questioning the Quality, I haven't read any Talon. But that is on par with Arm Fall Off Boy for worst comic names.

#22 Posted by VoodooPenguin (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I know. I wasn't either. was just saying that maybe how bad the name is is part of the villain.

#24 Posted by joshmightbe (24609 posts) - - Show Bio

@voodoopenguin: If it was a Tick villian it would be fine but for a Bat family villain in a serious arc, just no.

#25 Posted by VoodooPenguin (974 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by joshmightbe (24609 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Al_capOWN (530 posts) - - Show Bio

Well i read up to issue 11, then villains month happened and f4ck3d everything up, how did Bane end up doing in issue 12 and on?

#28 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

It was one of the good DC books but I saw this coming.

#29 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3875 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Death Man?

I saw this coming, sadly.

#30 Edited by CantDance93 (341 posts) - - Show Bio

That sucks, my friend got me the PB for my birthday in October. I though it was pretty cool and fun how it was about lot of heists and stuff. Not surprised though, really hate when titles get cancelled :(.

Lamo, Lord Death Man.

#31 Posted by Der_Arzt (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh. I'm more broken up about Animal Man. :(

#32 Posted by patrat18 (8821 posts) - - Show Bio

@bob808 said:

NOOOOOOOOO! I loved that book.

#33 Edited by Shallbecomeabattoo (363 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man! Huge bummer! I just read the first trade a month ago! It was really great! Loved the character and the direction. Diving deeper into the Court was cool. Really sad.