#1 Posted by Rosencrantz&Guildenstern (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey there, I wanted to post a funny thread, but didn't have a clue where should it fit, so I hope it's okay to post it here.

So, as we know, the comics industry has had some pretty much highs and lows in tis history, economically and in niveau alike.But what would be if it would sink into such dephts of stupidity, lack of quality and frugality that its total and utter downfall'd be inevitable? Would there be any events that would act as menacingly forshadowing signs of doom (No, Vic, I'm not talking about you.)? I've come up with some comic book events that would be so blasphemous, pathetic or vomit-coaxing in my opinion that the majority of loyal readers would descend into the limited, but secure swamps of illiteracy. I hope you'll find this little prank funny enough, or even come up with some other horrific ideas the creative teams behind our beloved books should never have.

So, here they are,some comic related happenings that'd indicate that comic book apocalypse is near:

-Marvel buys the right for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and establishes it as Wolverine’s own Xuper Pet Force

- Lady GaGa gets her own comic and action figure series at Image and MacFarlane Toys.

- Robin gets touched by God and becomes the White Dove

- Spider-Man faces his greatest nemesis impersonated by an amalgam of the clone of the illegitimate son of Jameson and Aunt May from an alternate reality (in which the Walrus reigns supreme and Deadpool is Captain America), and Doctor Octopus’s cyborg nephew from the future possessed by the ghost of Harry Osborn and covered with an adamantium bonded symbiote descendant from a gamma beamed Toxin

- The Church of Scientology buys Marvel from\with Disney and forces the publisher to produce a comic in which Galactus is revealed to be Xenu and Dr. Strange, eager to master the spells necessary to banish the evil alien,  begins to learn Dianetics form L. Ron Hubbard’s eternal soul.

- In a gigantic battle, the fan boys of Superman, Batman, Wolverine and Goku wipe each other out, sending the whole comic industry into a legal crisis unseen before.

- To boost sales, Hal Jordan is forced to wear his power ring as a nipple piercing

- Batman becomes a vampire

- The epic battle we’ve been all waiting for: Rainbow Hulk vs. Transparent Hulk!!!

-Superman and Captain America gets adopted by Jesus Christ

- Shane McCarthy gets nominated for comic author the decade

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29814 posts) - - Show Bio

"- Robin gets touched by God and becomes the White Dove" 

ROFLMAO

#3 Posted by ComicMan24 (147099 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Lady Gaga had her own comic recently.

#4 Posted by Rosencrantz&Guildenstern (278 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" I think Lady Gaga had her own comic recently. "
Oh, no, no, no..are you serious? We are doomed, my brothers and sisters, we are doomed...XD
#5 Posted by ComicMan24 (147099 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rosencrantz&Guildenstern said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
Oh, no, no, no..are you serious? We are doomed, my brothers and sisters, we are doomed...XD "
Yeah, she even has her own page here in CV, Lady Gaga.
#6 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3800 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Wildstorm closing down and DC closing it's digital comics avenue are both frightening signs of the actual collapse of the comics industry 
#7 Posted by AMS (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

Releasing more comic books in a down trending market base. 

Oh wait............. 

thats happening now!    

#8 Posted by Rosencrantz&Guildenstern (278 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadowdoggy: @AMS: 
Hell yes, people, this is what makes tragedy out of comedy. But don't let it get you down, cuz... well.... umm.... cuz.
#9 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3800 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rosencrantz&Guildenstern:
cuz......we'll always be able to read our old comics over and over again?
#10 Posted by Rosencrantz&Guildenstern (278 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadowdoggy: Yeah, Doggy, that's a very good point! And also, there will be new ones to create new comics or continue the old ones.. maybe the great talents of the future are wathcing this very thread right now! 

Hmmm.. just to quote myself, not at all out of narcistic egoism.... Wouldn't a Wade Wilson as Flagehead be... well, weird? Captain Deadpoolica, heh heh...
#11 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3800 posts) - - Show Bio
I sure hope so! 
meaning that I hope one day I will get one of my comics published somewhere other than my college litterary magazine and it will make me famous 
or maybe I'll just become the world's oldest male supermodel !
......no, I should probably just keep working on my comics
#12 Posted by Dracade102 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rosencrantz&Guildenstern said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
Oh, no, no, no..are you serious? We are doomed, my brothers and sisters, we are doomed...XD "

"We Must Evacuate the Planet Immediately!!!"
#13 Posted by Joey Ravn (382 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rosencrantz&Guildenstern: I love your username :) Did you choose it because of Stoppard's play, or for Hamlet's characters?
#14 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3800 posts) - - Show Bio
@Joey Ravn:
I just thought he was planning to open his own lawfirm: "Rosencrantz, Guildenstern, Saiontz and Shmick: For the little people." 
;)
#15 Posted by Rosencrantz&Guildenstern (278 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102 said:
" @Rosencrantz&Guildenstern said:
" @ComicMan24 said:

"We Must Evacuate the Planet Immediately!!!"
"
LOLOLOLOL!!! So true!!

@Joey Ravn: Why thank you! While I'm abslolutely in love with both plays, It was Stoppard's gem of an absurd drama that's made me to chose this nickname. Sometiems I feel as if I'de be the two in one, you know XD, There was even a time whe I was referreng to myself with "we" instead of "I" when using this name. And you? Are you actually Joey Raven? That would be a pretty cool name alright...
#16 Posted by Dracade102 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio
=D Awesome!! 70's movie humor is still alive!!
#17 Posted by jloneblackheart (5542 posts) - - Show Bio

I say when Batman or Spider-Man only have one title, we're in trouble.