Hey there, I wanted to post a funny thread, but didn't have a clue where should it fit, so I hope it's okay to post it here.
So, as we know, the comics industry has had some pretty much highs and lows in tis history, economically and in niveau alike.But what would be if it would sink into such dephts of stupidity, lack of quality and frugality that its total and utter downfall'd be inevitable? Would there be any events that would act as menacingly forshadowing signs of doom (No, Vic, I'm not talking about you.)? I've come up with some comic book events that would be so blasphemous, pathetic or vomit-coaxing in my opinion that the majority of loyal readers would descend into the limited, but secure swamps of illiteracy. I hope you'll find this little prank funny enough, or even come up with some other horrific ideas the creative teams behind our beloved books should never have.
So, here they are,some comic related happenings that'd indicate that comic book apocalypse is near:
-Marvel buys the right for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and establishes it as Wolverine’s own Xuper Pet Force
- Lady GaGa gets her own comic and action figure series at Image and MacFarlane Toys.
- Robin gets touched by God and becomes the White Dove
- Spider-Man faces his greatest nemesis impersonated by an amalgam of the clone of the illegitimate son of Jameson and Aunt May from an alternate reality (in which the Walrus reigns supreme and Deadpool is Captain America), and Doctor Octopus’s cyborg nephew from the future possessed by the ghost of Harry Osborn and covered with an adamantium bonded symbiote descendant from a gamma beamed Toxin
- The Church of Scientology buys Marvel from\with Disney and forces the publisher to produce a comic in which Galactus is revealed to be Xenu and Dr. Strange, eager to master the spells necessary to banish the evil alien, begins to learn Dianetics form L. Ron Hubbard’s eternal soul.
- In a gigantic battle, the fan boys of Superman, Batman, Wolverine and Goku wipe each other out, sending the whole comic industry into a legal crisis unseen before.
- To boost sales, Hal Jordan is forced to wear his power ring as a nipple piercing
- Batman becomes a vampire
- The epic battle we’ve been all waiting for: Rainbow Hulk vs. Transparent Hulk!!!
-Superman and Captain America gets adopted by Jesus Christ
- Shane McCarthy gets nominated for comic author the decade