• 53 results
Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mrnoital

Any costume or symbols you're not a fan of?

personally I'm not a fan of the way Captain America and Hawkeye just had an A and H on their foreheads

No Caption Provided

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Orion's costume in the late 70's.

Appzashok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: me too...Clint costume is boring.

Red tornado..him and costume both not cool.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate Scorpion's design. He's one of my least favorite Marvel villains.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Night4345

Superman's New-52 outfit.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

This. First of all, who puts armor on the guy who's freaking bulletproof? Second, what second-grader can draw this without his head exploding? The great thing about Superman's old costume was its simple design. And the armor is anything but simple.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345 said:

This. First of all, who puts armor on the guy who's freaking bulletproof? Second, what second-grader can draw this without his head exploding? The great thing about Superman's old costume was its simple design. And the armor is anything but simple.

Not to mention the ugly collar.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Arrow is my favorite DC hero, but I think the big gold "G" belt buckle looks stupid.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Gjgp27
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@amazingwebhead: Supes armor isn't for protection though, so that point is completely irrelevant. It's no less stupid the putting tights with outside undies on the guy who is supposed to be bulletproof.

@kittyparker13: Which design are you referring to specifically?

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Superman, batman and any dude with panties above his tights, hal and kyle's stupid face mask. Btw i love superman and batman new52 custume/armor

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13149 posts) - 28 minutes, 57 seconds ago - Show Bio

@amazingwebhead: Supes armor isn't for protection though, so that point is completely irrelevant. It's no less stupid the putting tights with outside undies on the guy who is supposed to be bulletproof.

^^THIS!!

underwear outside the tights is so stupid. If the undies come back after the next reboot I'm done.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Never been a fan of the Robin look, although I do love Tim Drake's hooded Robin suit in Arkham City.

Any costume where they put the "underwear on the outside" like the old Batman or Superman outfits. I enjoy Batman's newer look much more.

Never been a fan of Mysterio's "fishbowl" look, for someone so awesome Marvel could design something much cooler.

And, despite the fact that I love his character and history, Green Goblin needs an update. Perhaps will get it with this new, sane, Norman Osborne.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to mention the ugly collar.

That too. I know I sound nitpicky for hating the collar, but I still do.

@gjgp27 said:

@amazingwebhead: what second grader can make any drawing not look crappy?

Not my point. The point is that the kid should be able to know what the hell he's drawing. How well it comes out is irrelevant.

#10 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13149 posts) - 28 minutes, 57 seconds ago - Show Bio

^^THIS!!

underwear outside the tights is so stupid. If the undies come back after the next reboot I'm done.

Well, honestly I prefer the Kryptonian alien fabric from "Man of Steel", which mostly keeps the simple design of the old look (mostly) but ditches the briefs that nobody will shut up about. Second, we've already got a guy running around with a cape and bat-ears. You shouldn't argue about what looks ridiculous when everyone's already dressed up in painted-on technicolor uniforms.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@amazingwebhead: by that logic, anything complicated shouldn't appear in comics because the design might be too hard for little Johnny to make with crayons.

And bat ears are far less ridiculous than panties. Try again.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27 said:

@amazingwebhead: by that logic, anything complicated shouldn't appear in comics because the design might be too hard for little Johnny to make with crayons.

And bat ears are far less ridiculous than panties. Try again.

Not everyone. Just the "big good" that every kid looks up to. (or at least they did, but everyone seems to hate him now) My point is that the super-armor is f#$%ing stupid and I shouldn't have to say anymore!

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead: but weren't you complaining about what looked ridiculous first?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

The original X-Men costumes are awful

Avatar image for xxedward_kenwayxx
XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F$&k the new 52 suit hating idiots. They make the heroes look cool and appealing. Anything with briefs on the outside is just freakin stupid.

Anyways a suit I have never liked is Spider-mans suit. I just don't, the huge eyes, the black web marks all over it is so dumb. I can't stand watching his movies. Another suit I don't like is quicksilvers and hawkeyes.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: I was complaining about what looked bad. And I'm saying that forcing realism like "no red shorts" is a redundancy when the guy's already wearing a red cape with little practical use.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F$&k the new 52 suit hating idiots. They make the heroes look cool and appealing. Anything with briefs on the outside is just freakin stupid.

Anyways a suit I have never liked is Spider-mans suit. I just don't, the huge eyes, the black web marks all over it is so dumb. I can't stand watching his movies. Another suit I don't like is quicksilvers and hawkeyes.

Uh huh.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead: the difference is that the cape makes him look more majestic whereas the panties......not so much.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxedward_kenwayxx: that's a little overboard champ. You're entitled your opinion but that doesn't mean you should be that rude to the other viners.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish kitty pryde got a new costume.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead: also, when people complain about thing ridiculous to them, it's usually because they think It looks bad and can't think of a reason to justify keeping it.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By amazing_webhead

@avenging_x_bolt: touché. I guess what I'm really saying is, if they really had to update Superman's costume, they probably could've done a better job. Like this concept art from the unmade J.J. Abrams movie:

No Caption Provided

Updated, but still simple. Classic Superman, but still alien. Still has a collar, but it's not nearly as dumb-looking as the armor's collar.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I miss Hawkeye's "H"

As for my most disliked costume, it would have to be this:

No Caption Provided
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: @amazingwebhead: I think the New 52 outfit looks really really good, it helped get me into comics seeing such a cool outfit.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Night4345

@night4345: @amazingwebhead: I think the New 52 outfit looks really really good, it helped get me into comics seeing such a cool outfit.

It's overly complicated and ruined a perfectly balanced design.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: I just said when I first saw it, it looked really good (still does) and it helped get me into comics, it did it's job and serviced the charter/comics better.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: I just said when I first saw it, it looked really good (still does) and it helped get me into comics, it did it's job and serviced the charter/comics better.

How does collared armor serve the character/story better exactly? Armor doesn't suit Superman at all.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: Makes much more sense then something his mother made for him.

It served the comic because it helps sales, and makes other people more willing to buy the comic. Part of comics are aesthetics, and his new costume looks really good (also what's wrong with the collar?).

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345 said:

I don't see the big deal about wearing armor just because you're bulletproof. It's redundant, but not that bad. Plus, I thought it was a Kryptonian thing, anyway? Kryptonians aren't bulletproof on Krypton.

Yeah, a kid may not be able to draw it his first go, but that just gives him something to practice for.

As for me, I'm personally not a fan of Joker's Daughter wearing Jokers' face. That along with Red Hoods bodysuit, Arsenals' hat, and I've never been a fan of the color of Aquamans' armor. I'm just not a fan.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@amazingwebhead said:
@night4345 said:

I don't see the big deal about wearing armor just because you're bulletproof. It's redundant, but not that bad. Plus, I thought it was a Kryptonian thing, anyway? Kryptonians aren't bulletproof on Krypton.

Yeah, a kid may not be able to draw it his first go, but that just gives him something to practice for.

As for me, I'm personally not a fan of Joker's Daughter wearing Jokers' face. That along with Red Hoods bodysuit, Arsenals' hat, and I've never been a fan of the color of Aquamans' armor. I'm just not a fan.

The ever-underrated Man of Steel made the suit of Kryptonian origin, too. (Specifically, the long-johns they wear under space suits)

But I agree with you on Joker's Daughter. And Roy's hat makes him look homeless.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@amazingwebhead said:
@night4345 said:

Honestly I think it makes more sense because Superman fights monsters, flies at incredible speeds, and sometimes has to go through the atmosphere, so he needs a suit that can keep up with all of that. Plus the fact that it's made of a special nano material not only makes it more believable that he can hide it, and also helps when his suit is ripped apart. All in all it's just feels more believable.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

bump

mandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mandman
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No no no

No Caption Provided

Yep This is what it should look like.

1. Hate it, looks less regal without gold, two stars don't make any sense. Oh, and TOO MANY LINES.

2. Hate it more, looks tacky and misses the frivolity of the character

Avatar image for riddlerzeroyear
RiddlerZeroYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RiddlerZeroYear

Hush looks retarded.

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like the S on superman. It means hope?! How coincidental. -.-

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't like costumes that are too colorful. its like the heroes are trying too hard and it isn't practical. I like when the costume is a result of the powers (human torch) or when everyone looks like a unit (ultimate x men). other than that I would go the luke cage route with a mask

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@proto3296: it doesn't mean hope in the actual comics. It's his family crest. People named him Superman because I looks like an S to terrans.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: I thought it meant both in the comics. The House of El crest, also being the symbol for hope.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

I really hate the costumes most of the X-men had during that period where they lived in Australia. Especially Rogue's...ugh.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@amazingwebhead said:
@night4345 said:

Honestly I think it makes more sense because Superman fights monsters, flies at incredible speeds, and sometimes has to go through the atmosphere, so he needs a suit that can keep up with all of that. Plus the fact that it's made of a special nano material not only makes it more believable that he can hide it, and also helps when his suit is ripped apart. All in all it's just feels more believable.

I think that's what the Man of Steel suit was: basically Kryptonian long underwear, like a nanotech chain mail, which didn't serve any purpose to protect Kal but was able to keep from being obliterated.

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for surfingthehighway
SurfingtheHighway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

There are some great Teen Titans issues that I just cannot take seriously because of this suit :P