#1 Posted by naustin07 (106 posts) - - Show Bio

What would the rest of the world do if the venom symbiote attached to Bruce Banner?

#2 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8195 posts) - - Show Bio

In Circle of Four Red Hulk got the symbiotic and the Spirit of Vengeance...He took down Mephisto while riding an Oversized Big Wheel

And I believe this happened in an Old What If Issue

If I'm correct it posses Thor in the end.
#3 Posted by Jorgevy (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what would've happened if it possessed Hulk before it did Spidey.

#4 Posted by JonSmith (4084 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

I wonder what would've happened if it possessed Hulk before it did Spidey.

It would be dead. It's a symbiote, it evolved inside a vacuum, hence it's aversion to fire and sonics. Conversely, it doesn't know that it's weak to these things until Spidey discovers these weaknesses. Now on Hulk, if it DOES manage to possess him, which given that Wolverine's healing factor fights off symbiotes, I'd imagine said possession would be... difficult, to say the least, but if it DOES manage to do it, at some point, it'll try a thunderclap and the sonic boom from that will kill it right off Hulk.

#5 Posted by Jorgevy (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith: not that, I didnt want to see it on the Hulk because that was done. I wonder what would have happened if the Hulk was the first host but then Venom had abandoned it, but with it's abilities, just like it did with Spidey

#6 Posted by JonSmith (4084 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

not that, I didnt want to see it on the Hulk because that was done. I wonder what would have happened if the Hulk was the first host but then Venom had abandoned it, but with it's abilities, just like it did with Spidey

Oh. Let's see... If I had to guess... Considering it replicates the powers of it's host and moves on, I'd say it'd replicate the potentially endlessly increasing rage/strength thing, along with the healing factor. And considering the Venom symbiote amplifies the darker emotions of it's host, making them more prone to giving into those impulses, and amplifying them... Oh that's bad... Awesome... But bad...

#7 Posted by Jorgevy (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

Oh that's bad... Awesome... But bad...

that's exactly the kinda thing I was imaginating!

#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29814 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

@Jorgevy said:

not that, I didnt want to see it on the Hulk because that was done. I wonder what would have happened if the Hulk was the first host but then Venom had abandoned it, but with it's abilities, just like it did with Spidey

Oh. Let's see... If I had to guess... Considering it replicates the powers of it's host and moves on, I'd say it'd replicate the potentially endlessly increasing rage/strength thing, along with the healing factor. And considering the Venom symbiote amplifies the darker emotions of it's host, making them more prone to giving into those impulses, and amplifying them... Oh that's bad... Awesome... But bad...

The entire planet would be f**king doomed.

#9 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20819 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhh...what would happen to the symbiote if Hulk decided to do a thunderclap?

Yeah....

#10 Posted by rico_3088 (517 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCheeseStabber said:

In Circle of Four Red Hulk got the symbiotic and the Spirit of Vengeance...He took down Mephisto while riding an Oversized Big Wheel

And I believe this happened in an Old What If Issue

If I'm correct it posses Thor in the end.

Yup it happened in a old What IF comic, it took away bruces ability to turn into the hulk before it went to take over thor. They had to call in black bolt.

#11 Posted by JonSmith (4084 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Uhh...what would happen to the symbiote if Hulk decided to do a thunderclap?

Yeah....

Already explained that. See here:

I said:

I wonder what would've happened if it possessed Hulk before it did Spidey.

It would be dead. It's a symbiote, it evolved inside a vacuum, hence it's aversion to fire and sonics. Conversely, it doesn't know that it's weak to these things until Spidey discovers these weaknesses. Now on Hulk, if it DOES manage to possess him, which given that Wolverine's healing factor fights off symbiotes, I'd imagine said possession would be... difficult, to say the least, but if it DOES manage to do it, at some point, it'll try a thunderclap and the sonic boom from that will kill it right off Hulk.

#12 Posted by impossibilly (913 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCheeseStabber said:

And I believe this happened in an Old What If Issue

If I'm correct it posses Thor in the end.

I loved this issue of What If? This and the Inferno issue, my two favorite issues of the second volume.

#13 Posted by mk111 (3148 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd be cool!

#14 Posted by New_World_Order (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCheeseStabber said:

In Circle of Four Red Hulk got the symbiotic and the Spirit of Vengeance...He took down Mephisto while riding an Oversized Big Wheel

And I believe this happened in an Old What If Issue

If I'm correct it posses Thor in the end.

#15 Posted by Thermal_2000 (18 posts) - - Show Bio