Sups vs Goku Death Battle is it correct?

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Do you agree with this video?

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I guess expecting a serious answer with a DBZ was a bit too much.

DBZ vs Superman has been beaten to death on the vine to point it's been banned on and off again. People just don't take it seriously anymore and those who do end up getting too serious and heated. Just search "Goku vs Superman" and you'll see over 100 topics about it and I'm sure you'll find very opinionated and sarcastic answers to that video.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#6 stormshadow_x  Online

Yep It is

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Oh...well could you at least answer, do you agree with this video?

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Loading Video...

Someone had to win. People would've been mad either way. Enjoy the fight, have a sleep, watch it again, enjoy life. Or fear the wrath of the man himself!

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94: Jesus we all know about that video, is it so hard to say:

I do not agree/ I do agree

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: I think there's no point in being angry if your favourite character loses. The fact that such iconic characters are interacting off the pages should be enough. Avengers is my favourite movie but I knew as soon as Hulk fought Thor, there would be arguments. It's fun to watch. I do like to debate which character wouldwin in certain situations ,but some people take it too far. The power's in the writer's pen.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator  Online

Use the search function/Google.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Jeez how long ago was that made and people are still talking about it? Just let it go already

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The actual fight they animated was a lot of fun to watch. As far as their analysis goes, I only watched it once (back when it came out), but the first thing that stuck out to me is they apparently (IIRC) lumped multiple different versions of Superman together and treated it all like one character, so the analysis would be inherently flawed simply from the perspective of mixing canon and non-canon showings for Superman, regardless of whether or not they ultimately arrived at the "correct" answer. I think some of the numbers they came up with were questionable as well.

On the DBZ side, I think they categorically rejected "power scaling" off-hand with minimal explanation. I always find this pretty sloppy logic, myself. Power levels are actually pretty consistent in DBZ, at least from the 1,000ish to 150 million. Can you find any inconsistencies at all? Sure, but you can find plenty of inconsistencies for Superman's punching and lifting strength as well; I don't see why you'd toss one out but say the other is A.O.K. I think they made a vague reference to an interview with Toriyama where he supposedly said they were "meaningless," but the problem with that is you need a context, and you are basically arguing semantics with a word translated from Japanese to English. Anyone who has any experience dealing with translating or translated works will be able to tell you that exact wording will often vary from translator to translator, and even depend on what word pops into the translator's head first. For most people under most circumstances, the word "meaningless" could easily be substituted for something like "worthless" or "pointless" or "useless" with practically the same meaning, but when you're dealing with fans who are trying to analyze every statement like a lawyer, suddenly the subtle differences end up being the difference between someone claiming something is canon and someone else claiming it's not.

Again though, fun to watch.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MakkyD

One thing I noticed is that, though they applied Goku's morals when he destroyed the kyrptonite. Why didn't they apply the same rules to Supes when he basically tried to murder Goku?

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Freefa11

@maccyd: Usually the rules for a "Death Battle" are that any "no killing" rules the character has are lifted, and they are actually willing to fight each other (otherwise most of the hero vs hero ones would be extremely boring), but otherwise they try to have them behave as "in character" as possible. For Goku, this means he's willing to kill his opponent, but still wants it to be a fair fight, and to face Superman at his best.

There is a follow up video to this where the guys are talking about what went into it, and I believe they say something like the only reason Superman didn't do something similar is because Goku doesn't have any specific weaknesses to exploit. It was kind of interesting to see them talk about it, even if I still don't trslly agree with their reasoning.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope not even close

McDerpyson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By McDerpyson
hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think trying to grab info on Goku's speed based on the physical dimensions of an anime where it is quite apparent that things aren't necessarily to scale is completely n00bish and would immediately get rejected in any respectable place where debating happens *massiveinhale* Also, using All-Star Superman's strength when they claimed to derive from Pre-New 52 canon is completely wrong although normal Superman's strength would suffice anyways *deepbreathe*

...I'll get back to you

Mitran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeez how long ago was that made and people are still talking about it? Just let it go already

this

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kyrees

@2cool4fun:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=goku+vs+superman+comicvine

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=superman+vs+goku+comicvine

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By 2cool4fun
AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Hmmmmmm sigh

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The video said goku can only go a little over 2 times the speed of light yet Radiz was faster than light. I think that says a lot.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freefa11: Well, I suppose, I was thinking it'd probably be worse if no-one died. Anyway I still think they could have made Superman a little less bloodthirsty or something, especially near the end.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@goobot said:

The video said goku can only go a little over 2 times the speed of light yet Radiz was faster than light. I think that says a lot.

The original manga of that fight had Piccolo say this

No Caption Provided

instead of "He must be faster than the speed of light." And the original manga>the anime if both differ from one another. There was no mention of Radiz moving at FTL speeds to dodge that attack since street levellers have also dodged lasers and energy blasts.

But I digress, this is a year old topic, why was it restarted again in this thread? Evidently the analysis Death Battle made was flawed regardless of whether you agree with the conclusion or not.