Superpower in TV series Arrow?

Avatar image for deactivated-6318083af35cc
deactivated-6318083af35cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Would you want to see superpowered villains and allies in the TV series, explain?

Personally, I have no idea what is better.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Aiden Cross

No. That's why we had smallville. I actually like it this way with no super powerd villains.

Avatar image for deactivated-6318083af35cc
deactivated-6318083af35cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aiden_cross: Yeah but wouldn't it be interesting to see how a non-powered hero deals with that kind of stuff, Smallville was the strongest hero against kryptonite every five episodes.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's handled well, then it could be cool. The world they've built is not quite as impenetrable to powers as Nolan's verse. But they'd have to commit, and they'd have to devote a season to it: It can't just be, "BOOM! SUPERMAN FOR AN EPISODE! BOOM! NEVER HEAR OF ANYONE ELSE WITH SUPERPOWERS EVER AGAIN!" They'd have to have build up.

I'd suggest starting with the appearance of Vic Sage, have him pop up in Oliver's hideout, reveal what he knows, and requests Oliver's help dealing with a case he's on. During the case, have Question imply that Oliver is not alone: That the world is changing, and people with particular talents are popping up everywhere.

Given his conspiracy nature, it makes him the perfect individual to hint at a larger world.I could go on and get a lot more involved, but if I do, it'll turn into an overly long rant as I type more and think of ways to branch off from that. So I'll stop here.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Super powers = Bad TV special effects..... Then again I never seen the show Arrow yet, so what the hell do I know.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Please not the CW Smallville special effects...*goes into fetal position* oh Darkseid....we're sorry....

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Please not the CW Smallville special effects...*goes into fetal position* oh Darkseid....we're sorry....

i loved smallville, but ghost cloud darkseid pissed me off!

i dont want arrow to get superpowers at all, its actually more realistic then nolanverse batman, and id like to keep it that way

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

i dont want arrow to get superpowers at all, its actually more realistic then nolanverse batman, and id like to keep it that way

Totally disagree with that bit. Being trapped on a island for 5 years without anyone finding out? Highly unrealistic and if the people on the island really had brains and wanted to get rid of him why not just threaten his family on the mainland? Answer is pretty obvious, since he didn't appear on mainland for a few years THEY COULDN'T DO THAT TO KEEP THINGS LOGICAL WHEN THEY DIDN'T REALIZE IT ALREADY WASN'T LOGICAL! All the good stuff is copied from those Batman movies.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@allstarsuperman said:

Totally disagree with that bit. Being trapped on a island for 5 years without anyone finding out? Highly unrealistic and if the people on the island really had brains and wanted to get rid of him why not just threaten his family on the mainland? Answer is pretty obvious, since he didn't appear on mainland for a few years THEY COULDN'T DO THAT TO KEEP THINGS LOGICAL WHEN THEY DIDN'T REALIZE IT ALREADY WASN'T LOGICAL! All the good stuff is copied from those Batman movies.

no theres no bat tumbler or bat pod or the bat. its way more realistic. and don't go all logical on me, when TDKR had so so many plot holes...

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#10  Edited By BlueLantern1995

@allstarsuperman

@allstarsuperman said:

@bluelantern1995 said:

@allstarsuperman said:

no theres no bat tumbler or bat pod or the bat. its way more realistic. and don't go all logical on me, when TDKR had so so many plot holes...

Want me to state all the things they copied? I will just name the most obvious ones:

• Another Playboy Rich Billionare
  • Only difference in fighting style is this guy is more agile and uses a bow instead of his fists.
  • He has his "Arrowcave" a blatant copy of the Batcave(albeit not as cool and under a Queen Building)
  • In the Huntress Returns he rides a motorcycle reminding you of the Dark Knight movie
  • Huntress like Talia Al Ghul were done horribly wrong and out of character and both are evil in their prospective show/movie(when in the comics one is a hero and the other is anti-hero/anti-villain)
  • Laurel is a blatant copy of Rachel Dawes even copying her stupid moments to the T. They are both lawyers, both have a somewhat romantic relationship with the hero but yet choose someone else(Dawes chose Two Face while Laurel chose Tommy). Both are complete idiots though Rachel is at least a likeable idiot who makes sense while Laurel does not.
  • Diggles is not as blatant as Laurel but is a copy of Alfred being in the Arrowcave to help. Both were in the middle east and served, both have a great relationship with the hero both respecting and standing up to them at the same time. Only major difference is Diggles was the bodyguard while, Alfred was the Butler.
  • Arrow makes a reference to the dark knight in the episode The Huntress returns in which he responds to Diggle's asking if he will suit up with "But it is the middle of the day": a somewhat indirect quote of Batman Begins' line "Bats are nocturnal", the least you have to say is it is a homage.
  • And then you have Felicity who is the Lucius Fox of the show. Just like Fox she is consulted for technological things and is very influential in their family's business(she works for Queen Industries like Fox works at Wayne Enterprises).
  • Starling City is modeled after the same city Gotham was based off of. While I do not know what that is for certain (heard and makes sense that it is New York City but can neither confirm nor deny this) the aerial shots are almost exactly the same with only things like the bridge in the Batman movie being missing.
  • The Count in the episode Vertigo and the last episode is almost identical to Scarecrow, both use a drug to do there crimes one to do crime (Scarecrow), the other to make money and then kill.

While this cannot be proven at this moment it is highly likely Arrow's first villain will be like Ra's Al Ghul. While I do not believe the makers will be as stupid as to make the same goal (oh wait a second his flashback and current life are linked villains-wise most likely, so maybe they are...) they both have a army that Arrow(or Batman) would not join, one out of morals the other out of necessity.

Do I REALLY need to mention more? I do admit plot holes in Dark Knight Rises but I would rather have DKR ANY DAY, plot holes and all than have this blatant copy stand out as "Original", if it truly original then I should watch and read more things like Inheritance Cycle (a blatant albeit fun copy of Star Wars and Lord of the Rings). Unlike Inheritance Cyle though I have not been enjoying this much (they have messed up so many of my favorite comicbook characters) as I have those books.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EdBlank

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lilben42

Yes, I'm sorry but Arrow is getting boring now. Its moving too slow and his villains are really boring.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

@aiden_cross: Yeah but wouldn't it be interesting to see how a non-powered hero deals with that kind of stuff, Smallville was the strongest hero against kryptonite every five episodes.

It would. I just don't think this show would be best suited for it. I like the 'grounded' angle they're taking =)

PCN24454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

if you watched supernatural, they probably had a similar budget to smallville and used it poorly.