Avatar image for joethebigitalianguy
JoethebigItalianguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@br_havoc said:

Anyone thinks this series alone is DC jumping the shark and killing not only their company but the whole comic industry?

I've been saying that for the past year. I honestly think that Dan Didio and Joe Quesada over at marvel have a running bet to see who can destroy their comic book companies in the most creative way imaginable.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Am I the only one who believes there relationship will crash and burn?

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By TheBlackHood

@mbecks14 said:

@theblackhood said:

@mbecks14 said:

Besides the obvious issues with Superman and Wonder Woman being an awful, incestuous vibey couple and the complete shafting of Lois Lane despite her new resurgence in popularity following MoS, there's the fact that...

this sucks for Wonder Woman. Supposedly DC’s third largest character and the third member of their trinity, Wonder Woman has never had two monthly titles whereas Batman and/or Superman are usually sporting upwards of 9. So this does give Wonder Woman her first secondary monthly title. Which she shares with a man. Not just any man. The only man that can not only outshine her in popularity, but arguably in strength. The man that she is unfortunately dating. Superman. Wonder Woman is co-starring in a title as Superman’s Girlfriend. That’s basically what this title is: Superman’s Girlfriend, Wonder Woman.

Which is borderline blasphemous. And of course, we have Wonder Woman and superman awkwardly embracing in the rain on the cover image they released. Instead of maybe fighting together side by side? As superheroes? No? Just as a couple. A superhero romance story. Just what Wonder Woman fans would want…wait…

Or it could be called Wonder Woman's boyfriend: Superman. I think that your issues with this are more a reflection of your own views than those of the writer or DC. I love how everyone thinks Lois is being "shafted" simply because Superman is TEMPORARILY dating someone else.

But it's not Wonder Woman's Boyfriend Superman. If it was Steve Trevor or another love interest, then she wouldn't be second fiddle.

Again you are assuming that she will be second fiddle in this book when it is just as likely as it we be evenly about them both or more about Wonder Woman because she appears in fewer books. It will all come down to how the book is handled once it is released. I just get tired of people who complain about things before they even begin.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

DAMN DC is just Pumping out one announcement after another.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

@fables87 said:

They should make it a Vertigo title if you get my drift ;)

HAHAH Supersex!!! ;)

zarrarzeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By zarrarzeez

Meh, I will be sticking to the new Batman/Superman title. It's not that this isn't going to be interesting, but making it an ongoing series seems kind of dumb. We all know this relationship isn't going to last, so neither is the series. Batman and Superman on the other hand, that's friendship, and that will last.

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much, DC! Thank you!

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy terrible pairing.....

Sweet jesus, just end the pairing DC you know you're going to.

RoastedRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Geoff Jones already say that they are breaking up? Also do we really need this AND Batman/Superman why don't we just have a trinity book I might actually read that.

micangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone remember JLA 90, when ww and batman imagine their future together? That was a much more interesting idea.

Avatar image for crimsonalchemist
CrimsonAlchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Wow you hit it right on the head my friend bless ya!!

Avatar image for crimsonalchemist
CrimsonAlchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boring!!!

Portimion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not sure this is necessary, but i love Tony Daniel's artwork, so I'll give it a shot

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#214  Edited By FoxxFireArt

When did DC start publishing slash-fiction?

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#215  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

@vitality: I like the pairing, but they really haven't done anything in the books worth while. yeah we KNOW their a couple but they sure don't act like it, So it just seems like wasted potential, hopefully this book will help

Metron144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people not like supes and WW together?

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all i read is add this to your pull list.

Jack_Omally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metron144: For me it's because i grew up with the Justice League cartoon and always liked Batman and Wonder Woman Together. They have always hinted it but have never done it, which has always gotten me disappointed. Maybe it's the same for other people. I don't hate it, they just don't show the romance as much as i would like either.

McDerpyson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc:

@sc said:

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #1

Written by SOME GUY

Art and cover by THAT OTHER GUY

1:100 Scratch and Sniff variant cover by JIM LEE

On sale OCTOBER 5 • 32 pg, FC, $5.99 US • RATED T&A

Combo pack edition: $7.99 US

Retailers: This issue will ship with ten covers, with nine covers being SUPERMAN and WONDER WOMAN kissing and the last cover being SUPERMAN and WONDER WOMAN kissing with BATMAN watching. Please see the order form for more information. A new epic begins with the debut of this new, ongoing series! Don’t miss as we organically and naturally intertwine DC's biggest characters (after BATMAN) into one awkward hot mess of a situation. Like two magnets in a pod we explore the relationship of Swondy uh Wupes? As they embark on hilarious romantic hijinks. Guest starring Lois Lane, Lana Lang, Erica Durance, Snoop Dogg and Wolverine. This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

Why are their noses stuck together? Notice how Wonder Woman's lasso is trying to grab her sword in the back ground? It probably wants to perform a mercy killing. Don't leave me Demon Knights!!!!

No Caption Provided

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_omally: Man, I agree with you so much. The Superman Wonder Woman romance has been in so many Elseworlds and was teased so much in the Pre 52, that is boring. The Batman Wonder Woman is untouched and ripe for telling. The story won't have the universe impacting thing that SM/WW have but I like that about the BatWonder. It just be them and their supporting cast effected. Oh check out my Wonder Woman Batman thread. It is under the Batman forum.

jaybefre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

triangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will buy.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#224  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Am I the only one who finds it odd that it seems like every female super heroine MUST have a man in her life? I know not EVERY heroine, but it certainly seems like they always make it a point.

QuantomMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh man, this is going to be super interesting

Avatar image for supermanjohnathankentjr
SupermanJohnathanKentJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Misterwizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

This is clearly DC’s response to Superman’s slip in sales.

BATMAN9797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

y.... that sounds awful y not just do a trinity book with Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman instead of a Batman/Superman series and a Superman/Wonder Woman series

TheUnN4med

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soule and Daniel? SOLD!

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comment from the site IGN: "The forced, boring, relationship still hasn't died? Why are they still a couple? Why are they making this book, when there hasn't been a single good story with WW and Supes together in the New 52, let alone the last 50 years? Why do they keep pretending this is a cool, interesting pairing when the characters have no chemistry, and have hardly anything in common? Why do they even bother trying to make it work even when Orion has had more chemistry and more interesting stories with WW in the few issues that he's been in her series? Just why? Can anyone answer these questions?"

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Well this'll be fun! Superman and Wonder Woman's exciting dates! How come they couldn't have brung back Sensation Comics for another comic for Wonder Woman to start with instead of a date book? And if they wanted to do a superhero pairing book they could've done a Flash (Barry)/Green Lantern (Hal) book. Or a Green Lantern and Green Arrow

aquahawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll buy it.

Celestialseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boring!. I smell an epic fail in the near future and a colossal fight between Lois and WW fans.*Sniff* *Sniff*..Yup! totally heading that way..lol.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#234  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

Books they could've done:

*Sensation Comics: Have Wonder Woman another solo book!

*Captain Marvel: I'm I liking the Shazam! story going through JL. Kinda though I am afraid what they will do to one of my favorite superheroes I would probably buy it just because Captain Marvel comics are so hard to find!

*The Martian Manhunter: If you were going to kick off being the founding member of the Justice League you could've at least give him his own book. Plus, his JLA backups are amazing!

*The Doom Patrol: A classic DC team that has been compared to the X-Men and are actually the original X-Men. X-Men is one of the most popular Marvel titles. Doom Patrol could do just aswell! Plus, many fans want this team back in the New 52.

*Plastic Man: A nice humor book bringing back a old DC character.

*Elongated Man: Don't want Plastic back? Well how about a detective adventures series with the Elongated Man!?!

*The Spectre: How fun and interesting this book would be? Plus, we haven't seen a lot of Spectre!

*The Atom: Make it Ray Palmer or bring in that new female Atom.

*Metamorpho: Just me dreaming, but would be fun!

*The Question: Make it a duo! Vic Sage and Renee Montoya both are Questions (or have Vic be Question and Renee be the Answer) and fight crime!

*Dr. Fate: Give us a book with a Dr. Fate of the main DC Earth!

*All-Star Squadron: Give us a new Earth with the TRUE JSA fighting the Axis forces!

*The Titans: Maybe have a Justice League story where Cyborg gets badly damaged and when he comes back they reject him and have replaced him with the Martian Manhunter. Cyborg then meets go off on his own and soon meets Dick Grayson. They make their own group which contains them both as leaders Raven, Beast Boy, Starfire, and the returns Wally West and Donna Troy. And who knows maybe Speedy goes along and so does Red Hood and we'll see how Aqualad is doing. Then we'll have THE Justice League back and the classic Teen Titans.

*The Rogues Gallery: A comedy series featuring the misadventures of Captain Cold and the rogues.

*Arkham: Maybe a book dedicated to a different Arkham inmate each issue or so.

*Fourth World: Reestablish Kirby's Fourth World. I'm I a fan. Not really, but I respect the characters.

*Raven: I think a Raven ongoing would be fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@mercy_ said:

-___-

Soule is pretty awesome. Gonna give it the old college try. I'll buy you a copy.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@mercy_ said:

-___-

Soule is pretty awesome. Gonna give it the old college try. I'll buy you a copy.

Good ol' Jake :D

I won't be buying this, that's for sure.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Comment from the site IGN: "The forced, boring, relationship still hasn't died? Why are they still a couple? Why are they making this book, when there hasn't been a single good story with WW and Supes together in the New 52, let alone the last 50 years? Why do they keep pretending this is a cool, interesting pairing when the characters have no chemistry, and have hardly anything in common? Why do they even bother trying to make it work even when Orion has had more chemistry and more interesting stories with WW in the few issues that he's been in her series? Just why? Can anyone answer these questions?"

This speaks to me.

kbrackie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By kbrackie

Can Superman use his super-ability of fidelity, or is he going to be knocking the boots with every super hottie that is within his reach. Superman better make his mind up quickly, or the nations of the world will consider him to be too fickle about his decisions (is that super-decisions) and won't be able to trust him with his choices.

SergeStorms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#239  Edited By SergeStorms

This is a pretty pathetic, desperate move by DC. They take two failing yet iconic characters, give them their own book that resembles a Harlequin Romance, and takes the step where they just give up and start publishing fan fiction. This idea is abject crap.

Memo to DC: While Justice League sells well and they have tried their little Geoff Johns giggly romance there, the two characters are both sliding into mediocrity and insignificance. About every Bat book, Green Lantern and Aquaman outsells the Superman titles and Wonder Woman, while well written, has dropped further down the list of sales. The only saving grace about Wonder Woman is that the character in the title book appears to be a completely different one than in Geoff Johns' JL. I just hope the Wonder Woman in that universe, which is obviously different from the JL one, is not touched by this idiotic move.

McDerpyson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes can do better... BRING BACK MAXIMA

akintoussaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Why?Because this relationship has fans and DC wants there money

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I was going to write something but I have already lost interest in a Superman/Wonder Woman team-up book.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

My wallet whines so terribly right now. Between this and Justice League 3000, I'm going to be in the damn poor house...

Crucible248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This romance, this book, everything about it is uninteresting and made of fail. Sales of Justice League have been falling since the Superman and Wonder Woman romance, and recent issues of Superman publicized with Wonder Woman have shown no benefit from the relationship. I can see this book with a good debut because of curiosity and publicity, but overall I think it's a terrible idea. In light of the obvious pop culture pull Superman and Lois Lane have, given the craving critics of Man of Steel had for more Clark/Lois in the blockbuster film, it seems tone deaf on the part of DC to proceed with this relationship and to push it to the extent that they are. I'd rather Wonder Woman get another comic aside from her own that's just about her, like Superman has in his Action book, then for her to be relegated to second billing and love interest. No, thank you.

This

DraZah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By DraZah

I would like a Wonder Woman/Batman Book better.

More interesting

tmannion0901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there kids gna b way overpowered lol

McDerpyson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell even wonderwoman/batman romantic pairing just seems... weird... I don't know why... It was somewhat interesting in JL cartoon.

Grubich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sorry but I just about hate them as a couple. Just prefer the Clark/Lois thing. Always have always will.