#1 Posted by LifeShaver (104 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are superman fanboys flagging these threads even when rules are there and it is evened out and not a mismatch? why are they always so butthurt that they have to flag threads?

#2 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it's a endless debate with neither sides listening to each other.

#3 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

They get flagged when they are a mismatch per the forum rules.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/remember-to-flag-curbstompmismatch-battles/674791/#59

Some idiot put Galactus vs Goku, and one put Goku vs SA Superman, these are obviously people who have never read a comic and probably dont know anything about DBZ either.

Educate yourself.

#4 Posted by HulkSlayerT1000 (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

They get flagged when they are a mismatch per the forum rules.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/remember-to-flag-curbstompmismatch-battles/674791/#59

Some idiot put Galactus vs Goku, and one put Goku vs SA Superman, these are obviously people who have never read a comic and probably dont know anything about DBZ either.

Educate yourself.

I wouldnt say Superman vs Goku threads get locked for mismatches. They get locked for being dupes.

#5 Posted by HulkSlayerT1000 (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

Also their alot of ways for them to beat the other so its complicated to figure out who would win.

#6 Edited by ArticulateT (189 posts) - - Show Bio

They usually get flagged and locked because of how far some arguments can go. It's gotten to the point where decent debates must make way for pages of mindless accusation.

In the same way that people can over/under estimate characters in games due to gameplay feats, one key difference between Comics and Manga is how power scaling is presented in them, and I can't say it's easy to compare two entities who are presented in two different ways, especially considering the different styles and themes of the two mediums. For example, a lot of Manga tends to have interaction with Gods on a regular basis, even having the main characters battle them to some extent, a well as having moves/weapons/abilities that have the prefix or suffix "God" in the title.

Let's take Bleach. Soul Reapers, or Shinigami, are Death Gods. Sure, they're powerful, but not as powerful as we might expect a Death God to be. Kami from Dragonball falls in the same category, being quite underpowered for a God.

In Comics, while Gods aren't exactly omnipotent, they tend to be presented in a different manner. The characters encounter them, but not as often as in Manga, and this usually involves one off fights, consulting for advice or a plot device. A notable exception is Thor, but he's been shown to have tremendous power on various occasions.

Does this mean Comics are inherently more powerful than Manga? That's debatable, due to the fact that both mediums are so different.

There are other factors in it too, and this can be the art style or method of story telling.

Edit: Said Thor was an Example, should have said exception.

#7 Posted by Dernman (14712 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh look a another fanboy calling others fanboys because people don't agree with him.

Online
#8 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArticulateT said:

They usually get flagged and locked because of how far some arguments can go. It's gotten to the point where decent debates must make way for pages of mindless accusation.

In the same way that people can over/under estimate characters in games due to gameplay feats, one key difference between Comics and Manga is how power scaling is presented in them, and I can't say it's easy to compare two entities who are presented in two different ways, especially considering the different styles and themes of the two mediums. For example, a lot of Manga tends to have interaction with Gods on a regular basis, even having the main characters battle them to some extent, a well as having moves/weapons/abilities that have the prefix or suffix "God" in the title.

Let's take Bleach. Soul Reapers, or Shinigami, are Death Gods. Sure, they're powerful, but not as powerful as we might expect a Death God to be. Kami from Dragonball falls in the same category, being quite underpowered for a God.

In Comics, while Gods aren't exactly omnipotent, they tend to be presented in a different manner. The characters encounter them, but not as often as in Manga, and this usually involves one off fights, consulting for advice or a plot device. A notable example is Thor, but he's been shown to have tremendous power on various occasions.

Does this mean Comics are inherently more powerful than Manga? That's debatable, due to the fact that both mediums are so different.

There are other factors in it too, and this can be the art style or method of story telling.

This.

#9 Posted by Raizex (354 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skunkstein said:

@ArticulateT said:

They usually get flagged and locked because of how far some arguments can go. It's gotten to the point where decent debates must make way for pages of mindless accusation.

In the same way that people can over/under estimate characters in games due to gameplay feats, one key difference between Comics and Manga is how power scaling is presented in them, and I can't say it's easy to compare two entities who are presented in two different ways, especially considering the different styles and themes of the two mediums. For example, a lot of Manga tends to have interaction with Gods on a regular basis, even having the main characters battle them to some extent, a well as having moves/weapons/abilities that have the prefix or suffix "God" in the title.

Let's take Bleach. Soul Reapers, or Shinigami, are Death Gods. Sure, they're powerful, but not as powerful as we might expect a Death God to be. Kami from Dragonball falls in the same category, being quite underpowered for a God.

In Comics, while Gods aren't exactly omnipotent, they tend to be presented in a different manner. The characters encounter them, but not as often as in Manga, and this usually involves one off fights, consulting for advice or a plot device. A notable example is Thor, but he's been shown to have tremendous power on various occasions.

Does this mean Comics are inherently more powerful than Manga? That's debatable, due to the fact that both mediums are so different.

There are other factors in it too, and this can be the art style or method of story telling.

This.

That