Superman vs Batman in a fair point of View(FINISHED)

• 86 results
Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@trebean: THIS BLOG WAS NOT INTENDED TO INTRODUCE ANYTHING NEW! It was purposed to fix the flawd points introduced in banes blog. He litereally discredits batman in TDKR, while giving superman the advantage for absoloutely nothing, none of you guys care,he credits superman TWICE for beating up random monsters using batmans body and calls it a victory for supes while it obviously is not but none of you guys care, I try to make everything fair and give superman advantage for even the vaguest encounters that suggested a victory for him but what do I end up with? A bunch of superman fanboys who doesnt even know what they are talking about, did you even read the blog? And please point out my arguements that you think are flawed because so far none of the fanboys actually tried to make an arguement referencing my points in the blog so far all I have seen are random giffs with no explanations.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most misleading title ever

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I love this blog.Seriously,it's the best thing on the vine.
I haven't laughed this hard since......well i can't remember.
But the thing that makes me laugh the most is the OP's ignorance.
Anyway i am not writing this comment to offend the OP.... just that his blog is so wrong that i don't even have the patience to disproove it.

Trollheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have to agree with the OP to a certain extent. If either Batman or Superman is possessed by some other force, then it really isn't the same thing as the two fighting each other. Batman is not just his body, but his skills and knowledge, so I completely agree that you can't hold the instances of Batman being possessed against him, unless the entity specifically says it has the skills and knowledge of Batman. Even then I'd be hesitant to include them. If that invalidates most of the canon-evidence, so be it.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump...................

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And please point out my arguements that you think are flawed because so far none of the fanboys actually tried to make an arguement referencing my points in the blog so far all I have seen are random giffs with no explanations.

@degraaf said:

Seems a little like you are favoring Batman.

as this should be a one on one between Batman and Superman without prep on either side in Gotham at night.

most of the fights Batman won he either had prep or help or both. Im not gonna lie i am a superman fan and i do believe that there are stories that make Batman winning plausible but out of 10 fights Superman should win the majority of them. While he isnt as calculated at Batman he has the power to stop almost anything Batman could come up with i think even if that just means it comes down to a stalemate bc he can outsmart batman (which i dont believe would be the case)

Batman #428 - makes sense. Batman lost his temper and wasnt thinking straight.

The Dark Knight Returns (non canon) - While i liked the fight he had prep and help (even if it was very little help) and that fight still could have gone the other way had Superman thought a little harder (obviously thats not much of an argument bc he is only as smart at the writers make him but in this he was almost a mindless brute with how he fought). As soon as Bruce put on that suit superman should have been able to move fast enough and have enough power (even with the Kryptonite around) to dismantle the suit as well as use heat vision to cook Bruce inside the suit to the point of dehydration making him weak and delusional.

JLA#44 -Also a good story but also prep. Obviously we arent going to get away from Batman having prep to win against Superman but as a writer, they need to understand that Superman knows Bruce better then almost anyone and knows to win against Batman he needs to be smart and not just use his powers. He needs to have a strategy.

The Dark Knight Strikes Again (non canon) - While it is a crappy story, it is also Superman versus the Justice League basically or at least against a version of it with Batman at the helm with a plan and prep waiting for Superman

Batman #612 - I loved this story and fight. Superman holding back and Batman on the defensive. The best plan Batman had was to throw someone Superman cared about off a building. I thought with Superman being controlled this was the most in character fight between them. Batman knew he couldnt win without more prep or more tools.

Superman: Red Son (non canon) - So i know nothing about this story besides what you wrote in your OP. But simple put Prep time for batman as stated. Superman might be able to get out of the situation for a variety of reasons. 1.) Its red sun light not kryptonite so even if the sun light is red Superman should still have residual energy stored up from being in the yellow sun for so long giving him the opportunity to fight still. 2.) He could still try to break the lights (while i see this as being less plausible bc any attempt by a normal human powered Superman (If thats how you care to play it) would most likely too slow and Batman would stop it.

Superman/Batman #2 - You say its Superman and Batman fighting an alternate Universe Superman. Im not sure how much fighting or dstraction Superman caused to the Alt Superman giving time for Batman to come up with a plan but yes a car on top of Batman should kill him or at least trap him for Superman to get the win. I know you gave thhe advantage to Superman but i didnt want to leave any out.

Adventures of Superman #642 - Again a superman batman fight that is actually Superman vs Batman, Wonder Woman and the Justice League tower defense system that has the powers of the Thanagarians and Darkseid.

Superman/Batman #23 - N/A

Superman/Batman #33 - N/A (while this one seems more like it has all of Batman's memories and skills at its disposal besides being super powered)

Let me know if you feel my views are wrong or something. I love a GOOD civil argument lol

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trebean: THIS BLOG WAS NOT INTENDED TO INTRODUCE ANYTHING NEW! It was purposed to fix the flawd points introduced in banes blog. He litereally discredits batman in TDKR, while giving superman the advantage for absoloutely nothing, none of you guys care,he credits superman TWICE for beating up random monsters using batmans body and calls it a victory for supes while it obviously is not but none of you guys care, I try to make everything fair and give superman advantage for even the vaguest encounters that suggested a victory for him but what do I end up with? A bunch of superman fanboys who doesnt even know what they are talking about, did you even read the blog?

Excuse for the double post but after I pasted that quote, I can't seem to add anything else.

Even if you remove those two villain encounters, it's still a win for Superman

Heck, you called the battle in Hush an advantage for Batman because Batman landed some hit's on Superman, how's that for bias? And it's not like Poison Ivy is master mind controller unlike others, Max Lord managed to fully control people, yet he can only make Superman beat Wildcat to a pulp

You even discounted the time when Max Lord made Superman beat Batman up just because Batman had no prep.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@citizenbane said:

@digitalshooter9: Present for you.

No Caption Provided

Where is this from? Is it canon? I really don't know.

Batman/Superman #1. It's very much canon. There's also a couple of pages of Superman mercilessly beating the daylights out of a superior Batman, if you're that much of a glutton for punishment.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trebean said:

@digitalshooter9 said:

@trebean: THIS BLOG WAS NOT INTENDED TO INTRODUCE ANYTHING NEW! It was purposed to fix the flawd points introduced in banes blog. He litereally discredits batman in TDKR, while giving superman the advantage for absoloutely nothing, none of you guys care,he credits superman TWICE for beating up random monsters using batmans body and calls it a victory for supes while it obviously is not but none of you guys care, I try to make everything fair and give superman advantage for even the vaguest encounters that suggested a victory for him but what do I end up with? A bunch of superman fanboys who doesnt even know what they are talking about, did you even read the blog?

Excuse for the double post but after I pasted that quote, I can't seem to add anything else.

Even if you remove those two villain encounters, it's still a win for Superman

Heck, you called the battle in Hush an advantage for Batman because Batman landed some hit's on Superman, how's that for bias? And it's not like Poison Ivy is master mind controller unlike others, Max Lord managed to fully control people, yet he can only make Superman beat Wildcat to a pulp

You even discounted the time when Max Lord made Superman beat Batman up just because Batman had no prep.

Heck, you called the battle in Hush an advantage for Batman because Batman landed some hit's on Superman, how's that for bias?

I actually said, there is no advantage for anyone in that case, but if you really want someone to end up with an advantage, it should be batman. Not because he landed a couple of hits on superman while superman wasn't able to do anything to him, but because he had succeeded in keeping him busy for catwoman to bring lois lane into the business. Lets face it, even when he is possessed, superman is still as powerful, except he was holding back in our case. So I even mentioned it in the beginning that this is not a win for batman, while you didn't even CARE to read the blog but just come up with random ideas of me giving any advantage to batman, just showing how big of a fanboy you are. In fact, this wasn't even a fight between the two as all batman wanted was to free clark out of ivy's control, but it does present a superman vs batman in some manner. Batman having the slightest advantage does not mean he had beaten up clark in that case, it only means that he was able to accomplish what he wanted, while ivy has failed even though she had superman under his control. Note: Superman WAS holding back to fight the mind control as bruce states it himself, and that is the only reason batman isn't credited for beating him up in any way.

Prep is practically batman's super power, fighting batman without prep is like fighting superman without powers, but obviously I am NOT going to use that as an argument. Again, you didn't even READ the blog properly as you keep blaming me for discounting superman while I clearly mentioned that it WAS a win for superman although I did mention that:

• The whole fight was vague and in the background.
  • Superman didn't know it was batman he was beating up and obviously batman had no intention or prep to actually fight a blood lusted superman.
  • The whole process of superman taking his anger out of batman was really short to conclude anything.

On the contrary to all of these points, I still mentioned that superman HAS the advantage for that case, again showing how much of a fanboy you are by making up stuff.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trebean:

Adventures of Superman #642

Superman is mind-controlled by Max Lord and placed in an illusion where he thinks he's fighting Darkseid but in reality he's fighting Batman. He's enraged because he saw Darkseid kill Lois in the illusion, so he's taking it out on Batman.

This one is mostly like the incident mentioned first where batman took his anger out on supes. Except, it is different as supes is killing him. You should note that superman is bloodlusted while batman didn't even have any prep or kryptonite with him. This is not an example of an encounter, much like superman fighting batman with prep and kryptonite without his powers. It will obviously end in a stomp.

Lesson learned: While it is a fact that batman needs prep to have a chance against any god like character like supes, a random encounter shouldn't mean a lot as it will only have 1 possible outcome.

I believe there shouldn't be any advantage here but if you really need one, it goes to Superman.

Discounted superman? Yes I did mention that the whole thing was vague enough and unfair for batman and I also said that I BELIEVE that there is no advantage for anyone, but I did not discredit superman for it as you see I gave him the advantage in the end.

My advice, no matter how much of a fanboy you are, you should READ a blog carefully before making invalid points and exposing your level of fanboyism.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By DEGRAAF

@degraaf: Your arguements all make sense, but I believe batman having prep against superman is not unfair in any way.

I find it unfair bc if we turned it around and said Supes had prep time against Batman that would be considered unfair wouldnt it?

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: Nope, if batman has prep, so does superman, it is always both sided.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9: ok well that is new light to the scenario. You could almost play the fight out in your head from all the various times writers and shows have shown them fighting each other.

Batman would first think Kryptonite so Superman would get his rubber/lead suit.

Batman would use Supermans strengths against him (Pressure points and using his momentum to Batmans advantage but When Superman flies as fast as he can towards Batman, Batman doesnt have time to react so he has to wait till Superman already has him in a hold before he can try to reverse unless he has a plan in motion already. Idk if you ever played any sports but i know when i wrestled, speed and strategy only work so well against strength. I have faced off against people that studied alternative types of martial arts and I learned that if my grip is strong enough there is nothing you can do to get me to let go besides hit me in the face or bite me (neither of which would work on Superman). The dude can bite steel in half and make origami out of battle ships. There is nothing stopping him besides Kryptonite and Red sunlight. Kryptonite is only useful if you catch him by surprise bc he can destroy it with his heat vision from a distance and red sunlight only stops him from absorbing the type of yellow sun radiation he needs so is would just wear him out quicker.

Can you come up with one scenario where Batman has a 100% chance of winning and an explanation on how he got Superman into that particular situation?

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ I cant, but Batman can.........

If I were to try though, let me see.....

1. Batman wears the insider and gets a mix of new 52 venom and the man bat serum. That way he wont be killed by one punch.

2.He places red sun lamps around the fight area.

3. Places red kryptonite shards around his utility belt along with grenades possesing scarecrows fear toxin(based with kryptonite).

4. He should have a tool that simply breaks supermansnlead suit.

Scenario. Batman hides somewhere in the fight area untill superman shows up. Before superman finds him, batman throws the fear toxin and supes start to hallucinate. While hallucinating, batman should be able to break him off the lead suit. At that point supes is vulnerable to both knite batman has around him, and the red sun lamps, if he breaks the lamps, he is still vulnerable to knite. This scenario ends up in batman getting the better of a depowered superman. Not the best scenario, but the simplest pretty much.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ I cant, but Batman can.........

If I were to try though, let me see.....

1. Batman wears the insider and gets a mix of new 52 venom and the man bat serum. That way he wont be killed by one punch.

2.He places red sun lamps around the fight area.

3. Places red kryptonite shards around his utility belt along with grenades possesing scarecrows fear toxin(based with kryptonite).

4. He should have a tool that simply breaks supermansnlead suit.

Scenario. Batman hides somewhere in the fight area untill superman shows up. Before superman finds him, batman throws the fear toxin and supes start to hallucinate. While hallucinating, batman should be able to break him off the lead suit. At that point supes is vulnerable to both knite batman has around him, and the red sun lamps, if he breaks the lamps, he is still vulnerable to knite. This scenario ends up in batman getting the better of a depowered superman. Not the best scenario, but the simplest pretty much.

1. You are quickly taking Batman out of character. Batman wouldnt lower himself to taking a super serum/mutagen that would change him possibly forever. He believes that a man can change the world. Also the Insider suit has a HUGE flaw. Each mode it has needs to be given time to recharge. Also Superman has no problem beating Bane or man-bat and the suit is still a suit that can e destroyed and we dont know the extent of how the suits abilities compare to Superman's abilities and camouflage wouldnt work since Superman can see on all levels of the light spectrum.

2. Stops Superman from absorbing more sunlight but he would still have his powers

3.Wow this one i like! That would be an interesting combo and definitely affect Superman. The only thing i could see with this is that it's still red shards. Superman still have his powers and can grab the utility belt before Batman could react but knowing Batman would probably have his belt rigged so if it is take off of him that it would go off but Superman should expect that and just burn Batmans utility belt from a distance while it is still on Batman (knowing Batmans suit is fire retardant to a point)

4.Which he probably would but if you have seen the shows and comics Superman has a rubber suit as well as a lead suit. Batman would have to dismantle Supermans suit before Superman dismantled Batmans suit and if thats the case im guessing Superman wins.

Scenario: Batman cant hide from Superman he can see through anything. I will agree it might slow Superman down slightly as he tries to look for him but he knows Bruces heart beat and can tell who and where he is. Your right the best opportunity Batman has is a surprise attack with the fear toxin and Kryptonite. That would most likely get Superman to freak and that means Batman is fighting a dilussional and rampaging Superman. As long as no one is around that might need saving from the destruction that does create a good opportunity for Batman. As long as Superman doesnt see the grenades thrown and blow them out of the sky with his heat vision before they can take affect on him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I knew this was gonna be the same old batman vs. superman thread. Ah anyway. Here's my two cents. Your saying superman get's prep. Now a lot of people won't agree with me but superman is smarter than batman. Your telling me a guy who can read a library in FIVE minutes can't read anything that batman has ever read and do it better? Plus his tech is alien in origin. What if Supes brought the phantom zone projector with him. What is batman's prep gonna do then? Nothing. This whole prep argument makes no sense now and in my opinion has made batman stale. And that upsets me because batman is a good character and has fantastic stories. Now this whole unbeatable batgod thing seems outdated and boring. But anyway that's my opinion.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe he can beat Superman, maybe he can't but right now I'm sick of Batman vs. Superman, right now I want Batman far away from Superman, maybe Johns and Didio will kill Batman, yeah maybe that's why their saying Dick will suffer the most but won't die, it all makes sense Batman finally killed by Superman, that would sell millions DC, do it.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By deaditegonzo

@impala said:

I think this video should settle the case once and for all :

Loading Video...

That is literally one of the coolest videos ive ever seen. And maybe, just maybe, it puts the force of a Superman punch perspective. There is no "armour" or shield Batman could make to survive even a single punch from a Superman going all out. And remember, the Superman in this video is less powerful than the comic book version.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Strongarm

Batman gets heat vision to the mouth before he can process a thought

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew this was gonna be the same old batman vs. superman thread. Ah anyway. Here's my two cents. Your saying superman get's prep. Now a lot of people won't agree with me but superman is smarter than batman. Your telling me a guy who can read a library in FIVE minutes can't read anything that batman has ever read and do it better? Plus his tech is alien in origin. What if Supes brought the phantom zone projector with him. What is batman's prep gonna do then? Nothing. This whole prep argument makes no sense now and in my opinion has made batman stale. And that upsets me because batman is a good character and has fantastic stories. Now this whole unbeatable batgod thing seems outdated and boring. But anyway that's my opinion.

Well Said

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman vs batman arguments will never end

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel: Superman does have a super brain, but he doesnt have the strategic skills of batman nor the experience, in a fight, his super brain wouldnt help......, It is not about how strong the brain is, it is about what is stored in it, which comes from experience....

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: I've read Batman/Superman #1, and I can't really say that either of its fights hold much weight in the argument.

The first was meant to depict a first encounter of the two heroes when they were still fresh-faced and new to the game, and as usual, neither hero came out definitively on top.

The second "fight" was a young Superman versus a more experienced Batman, but to call it a fight is a disservice. For one thing, they had both just been magically transported from their previous locations and points in time to the Kent farm in Smallville at an undetermined point in time. The older, more experienced Batman is bewildered and believed Superman to be a non-combatant, as they have already become friends in his timeline. The younger Superman already thought of Batman as an enemy because of the encounter he had just been a part of in his timeline, so was ready for a fight. And it wasn't really a thrashing... In fact, at one point Batman had Superman at his mercy with his emergency store of Kryptonite ("You told me to be prepared, Clark." Was his line from the issue.), but was thrown off-guard when he saw that the kryptonite was having a far more powerful effect on Superman than intended (it being calibrated to incapacitate an older, more experienced and stronger Superman). Thus, when he moved in to help his friend and abandoned his advantage, Superman naturally ripped the Kryptonite from the chestplate of Batman's armor and proceeded to go all out on someone who he, at that time, believed meant him lethal harm.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By End_Boss

@citizenbane:

Seconds after Batman gives the
Seconds after Batman gives the "shields up" command and his Kryptonite shield projector activates, simultaneously diffusing young Superman's attack and weakening him through exposure to the Kryptonite.

Superman suffers the effects of acute Kryptonite poisoning.
Superman suffers the effects of acute Kryptonite poisoning.
ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@digitalshooter9 said:

@citizenbane said:

@digitalshooter9: Present for you.

No Caption Provided

Where is this from? Is it canon? I really don't know.

Batman/Superman #1. It's very much canon. There's also a couple of pages of Superman mercilessly beating the daylights out of a superior Batman, if you're that much of a glutton for punishment.

"If he sneezes I'm dead" lmao

I loved this comic btw, but Superman "beating the daylights out of a superior Batman" doesn't necessarily mean anything imo, that Batman did have the upper hand at first, but he let his guard down. And then the angry and possibly possessed Superman beat him to a pulp

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep in mind that batman wasnt even trying to fight superman at the first place, and lets get real, it isnt possible for superman to beat up batman without his powers. Even when batman didnt fight back and let superman (without his powers) pummel him starting with a sucker punch, he barely had any blood on the left of his mouth, that IS pathetic considering all the punches superman threw at batman and what batman eneed up with.....

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@digitalshooter9: It isn't possible for Batman to stand a chance without prep either. And sure you keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better...

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@end_boss Well.

An inexperienced non-prepered de-powered superman(he didn't know about kryptonite then) vs a prepared,experienced parallel universe Batman(who had some info from E2 supes to be prepared?!).Not exactly fair,give some info so people don't misunderstand the panels.
This is my favorite thread on the vine.It's so funny that it should be illegal :-P

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Squalleon

@digitalshooter9: a non powered superman beat a super powered batman in the Super-bat arc, look it up.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By End_Boss

@squalleon: That was my entire argument with those panels. Another user had taken some images from the same issue out of context as a way of illustrating that Superman would win the fight. I provided those as a way of demonstrating that that issue, with all its time travel and teleportation shenanigans, was simply not a good source to draw on for the "Superman vs. Batman" argument.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel: Superman does have a super brain, but he doesnt have the strategic skills of batman nor the experience, in a fight, his super brain wouldnt help......, It is not about how strong the brain is, it is about what is stored in it, which comes from experience....

Whilst you are correct that supes's higher thinking power or brain wouldn't help in a fight. It would help in prep. Don't forget batman can have all the experience he wants but it still comes down to the fact he will be using the same tactics that superman could use if he read everything on strategy ever. I beleive in action comics he preformed a operation perfectly after reading the medical libary in five minutes. Even the docters themselves were astounded by the way he carried out the operation. Prior to this he had no experience whatsoever in medcine, yet he was able conduct a serious operation perfectly with five minutes experience. Likewise the same could be said for statrgy .But in the end it comes down to equipment. Whatever batman builds, it will be human in background [if he dosn't use his miracle powers of PIS to get something else jokes jokes he has very good resources]. Whatever superman will build will be kryptonian or anything else in alien origin that can be better than what bats can build. Case in point; the phantom zone projector which would end the fight before it even began.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By DEGRAAF

which he also stated with prep Superman could read every strategy guide and book on military and personal warfare strategy while Batman is still tying his boots

@digitalshooter9 said:

Whilst you are correct that supes's higher thinking power or brain wouldn't help in a fight. It would help in prep. Don't forget batman can have all the experience he wants but it still comes down to the fact he will be using the same tactics that superman could use if he read everything on strategy ever. I beleive in action comics he preformed a operation perfectly after reading the medical libary in five minutes. Even the docters themselves were astounded by the way he carried out the operation. Prior to this he had no experience whatsoever in medcine, yet he was able conduct a serious operation perfectly with five minutes experience. Likewise the same could be said for statrgy .But in the end it comes down to equipment. Whatever batman builds, it will be human in background [if he dosn't use his miracle powers of PIS to get something else jokes jokes he has very good resources]. Whatever superman will build will be kryptonian or anything else in alien origin that can be better than what bats can build. Case in point; the phantom zone projector which would end the fight before it even began.

While i appreciate your argueing that Superman would win i dont think he would have Kryptonian material unless he used his ship as a weapon. Other than that I cant think of where he would come up with Kryptonian material. Thanks to his fortress of solitude he should still have Kryptonian strategy (something Batman has never seen before) and Kryptonian based technologies to build things humans (including Batman would never think possible). And as you stated he could read human battle strategy of all eras of history and be further along than Batman.

You put Superman with Batman's work ethic to perfect himself in every way possible and you have a truly unstoppable force

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@end_boss said:

@citizenbane:

I've read Batman/Superman #1, and I can't really say that either of its fights hold much weight in the argument.

The first was meant to depict a first encounter of the two heroes when they were still fresh-faced and new to the game, and as usual, neither hero came out definitively on top.

The second "fight" was a young Superman versus a more experienced Batman, but to call it a fight is a disservice. For one thing, they had both just been magically transported from their previous locations and points in time to the Kent farm in Smallville at an undetermined point in time. The older, more experienced Batman is bewildered and believed Superman to be a non-combatant, as they have already become friends in his timeline. The younger Superman already thought of Batman as an enemy because of the encounter he had just been a part of in

his

timeline, so was ready for a fight. And it wasn't really a thrashing... In fact, at one point Batman had Superman at his mercy with his emergency store of Kryptonite ("You told me to be prepared, Clark." Was his line from the issue.), but was thrown off-guard when he saw that the kryptonite was having a far more powerful effect on Superman than intended (it being calibrated to incapacitate an older, more experienced and stronger Superman). Thus, when he moved in to help his friend and abandoned his advantage, Superman naturally ripped the Kryptonite from the chestplate of Batman's armor and proceeded to go all out on someone who he, at that time, believed meant him lethal harm.

exactly.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

Most misleading title ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: Agreed. Superman with batman's work ethic would be nigh unstoppable. It would be interesting to see.