Superman vs Batman-Encounters ( Fixed from original)

• 59 results
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Deranged Midget

@thitiki: The language and attitude is completely unnecessary mate.

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By DigitalShooter9

@thitiki said:

@deranged_midget said:

Apologies to you.

You should apologise to the people you disrespected... Not the mod....

shonen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By shonen3

Didn't superman lose to batman recently in the Justice League Injustice for all.

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki said:

@deranged_midget said:

Apologies to you.

Can you not? I don't care about you though that's the problem where I actually respect Deranged Midget.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki said:

@digitalshooter9 said:

@thitiki said:

@deranged_midget said:

Apologies to you.

Can you not? I don't care about you though that's the problem where I actually respect Deranged Midget.

Then you wont mind me mentioning that you are an arrogant dumbf**k who disrespects people for no reason and respects the mods cause well, they are mods...

Good job and have fun with that attitude....

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Dratini1331

@digitalshooter9: I have a quip/complaint, Dark Knight is both non-canon and extremely batman centric, you also fail to address several other key issues. Your using specific feats from a story in which batman was supposed to win to begin with, and which already massively downplays superman, e.g. he can't handle a nuke.

Batman winning, even though he did actually require help from green arrow (Green arrow caught superman off-gaurd IIRC, something batman wouldn't have been able to do at that moment), was also completely a factor of superman only being there to talk to batman. If superman had wanted to harm batman or actually take him down, he would've crushed Bruce immediately, or Heat Visioned him from orbit.

Instead, supes flies down and starts talking to him. Superman was never intending to kill bats either, and was most definitely holding back.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shonen3 said:

Didn't superman lose to batman recently in the Justice League Injustice for all.

Injustice is not canon, and I don't think you're referring to the Justice League Unlimited episode. If you mean bats beat him in a recent crossover, then yes, though I personally haven't read the issue.

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imthebat: I TDKR I interpreted the claim that Batman was the only one to beat Superman to be not of beating him in a fight but more a win on moral ground. I thought Batman's meaning was that he wins for getting Superman to hurt his friend and makes him question what he was doing....but it has been a while since I have read it. I will have to check it again, but that is what I am remembering off the top of my head.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9: I have a quip/complaint, Dark Knight is both non-canon and extremely batman centric, you also fail to address several other key issues. Your using specific feats from a story in which batman was supposed to win to begin with, and which already massively downplays superman, e.g. he can't handle a nuke.

Batman winning, even though he did actually require help from green arrow (Green arrow caught superman off-gaurd IIRC, something batman wouldn't have been able to do at that moment), was also completely a factor of superman only being there to talk to batman. If superman had wanted to harm batman or actually take him down, he would've crushed Bruce immediately, or Heat Visioned him from orbit.

Instead, supes flies down and starts talking to him. Superman was never intending to kill bats either, and was most definitely holding back.

The two weren't bloodlusted... So superman wouldn't attack from the orbit... At first superman wanted to talk yeah, but he should have known that a fight was going to go on there.... Still, superman get's with the fight after the first few hits from batman...

I don't think GA caught superman off guard, from what I saw, all he did was to bring the kryptonite to superman's proximity.. Superman caught the arrow in mid air.. If batman wanted, he could have used the kryptonite from the beginning but GA wanted to get involved....

It is indeed a batman centric story, and if you want to ignore it, go ahead... But I still believe it shows how a prepped batman can have the upper hand against superman...

montiwithani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9

Hold on. When Superman is mind controlled and Batman "beats him" it's a victory for Batman. When Batman is mind controlled and Superman "beats him", it's not a victory because Batman is mind controlled?! That makes no sense.

In the Dark Knight Rises, you discredit Batmans help (An atom bomb making Superman weak, Robin in a tank, Green Arrow with a kryptonite Arrow) but then in Superman Red Sun you point out Superman had help from Wonder Woman so it doesn't count because it's not "Batman vs Superman AND Wonderwoman". You even do it for the Dark Knight rises again. Batman is allowed to have help, but Superman isn't?

Make up your mind. If you're going to have a point, try to stick to it. Bottom line: Batman needs to stick to what he's good at. Beating normal human with mental health issues. (how do you not stop the Penguin after his first attack and stop him for good?!) Batman is a great hero. For the SUPER villians, let the SUPERheroes do the work. Batman is out of his league if they try to fight.

Go read "Irreedemable". Go watch what happens to the Batman character, when the all powered super hero goes crazy. You don't even need to read it all. First few pages to watch your batman dude get incinerated.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/darknight2k/media/Special%20Prep/Battles/batmansupermanannual1-batmanclanvsupermanclan4.jpg.html

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

@conradoaccorsi: I won't kid you. I don't like it either. I'm not a fan of characters ignoring their limits. I prefer characters who can't always win without casualties and who make mistakes. But with that said, every mainstream comic hero falls into that trap. Guys like Superman don't have a max weight they can lift. Even guys like Batman bend steel bars like ribbon to tie up a baddie and punch through bullet resistant glass. Characters don't work around their limits, those limits are either forgotten in bad writing, or the hero just outwillls the physics of the universe.

It's excessive and sad across the board.

But with that said it doesn't change the fact that Batman isn't on Superman's level in a battle.

So much win, right here.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By strangetales

Seeing as TDKR comic isn't canon anyway (I haven't read it) can't you say like in the movie batman didn't have to go easy on him and could have made a stronger agent but he wanted to make a point. And superman came in (in the non canon movie) using his xray vision and was caught off guard by missiles and a well devised plan

Edit: so he didn't even get the chance to use a speed blitz in the first place.

titohartz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By titohartz
No Caption Provided

@drmantistoboggan: i agree totally... without a doubt DC made superman a god.. from feats of moving, fighting and thinking FTL... to SNEEZING entire solar systems away .. supermans wits/ intelligence should also never be undermined either being an absolute genius lvl in kryptonian standards... processing info 10s of 1000s of times faster than any human... he could never be outsmarted and has not.. not even by brainiac who is dc universes smartest lvl 12.. lex luthor smartest human in DC universe lvl 8.. even with prep time superman can literally sneeze yes sneeze a solar system away.. kryptonite has never been an issue even with foes made of kryptonite.. only non cannon comics make superman so weak so fast.