User Lists: 47

#3  Edited By TheCannon

@BloodsunX said:

Who's mentally stronger?

Who has more willpower?

Who's the better hero?

Mentally: Batman

More Willpower: Superman

Better Hero: Well, on paper, Superman. But when you factor in PIS, Batman.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Depends on the definition of "Better Hero" If you mean who has better stories, mostly Batman. If you mean who better defines what a hero is, I'd say Superman.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By New_World_Order

@TheCannon said:

@BloodsunX said:

Who's mentally stronger?

Who has more willpower?

Who's the better hero?

Mentally: Batman

More Willpower: Superman

Better Hero: Well, on paper, Superman. But when you factor in PIS, Batman.

This.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By comicace3

Batman for mentality, and will power... superman can be the better hero sometimes.

Hears why: Mentally batman takes it. When it comes to will power, I've never seen batman give up on anything. Add the fact that he is human. Last Batman I believe can be the better hero sometimes when he needs to be.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By dernman

Who's mentally stronger?

Whomever the writers want to be at the time.

Who has more willpower?

Whomever the writers want to be at the time.

Who's the better hero?

Whomever the reader wants to be at the time..
AustinHasten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AustinHasten

Mentally Batman is stronger. Superman is hardly given any intellectually stimulating tasks. Batman does detective work for fun.

Willpower, also goes to Batman. Superman's willpower isn't exactly tested, really. Batman's definitely is, especially if you read The Court of Owls.

Better hero depends on what you're asking. If you basically mean morals, I'd say Superman. Superman does good for the sake of good. Batman does good due to some psychological need to perpetuate a city, as if it's some part of his very self.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KnightRise

As for better (most efficient/effective) hero, who accomplishes the most? Both overall and per issue basis? I mean, obviously Batman will never truly defeat and permanantly imprison the Joker, but thats our own fault.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By lightsout

@AustinHasten said:

Superman does good for the sake of good. Batman does good due to some psychological need to perpetuate a city, as if it's some part of his very self.

Not to take away from Bats, but that is a very good point. Because he was originally touched by the tragedy of Gotham-crime, he's invested in it (crime-fighting). It's like donating to the charity for a disease a loved-one has, as opposed to donating to some random one just because it's the good/charitable thing to do. Not that I (/"we") expect people to care that much about something that hasn't touched their lives (easy to be sympathetic, hard to be empathetic), but I guess that's what's "special" about Superman - he's the ideal. He's what we'd want to be even if it's hard/we-can't-be (but it never stops us from hoping).

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JimTheSurfer

Cliche.

AustinHasten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AustinHasten

@lightsout said:

@AustinHasten said:

Superman does good for the sake of good. Batman does good due to some psychological need to perpetuate a city, as if it's some part of his very self.

Not to take away from Bats, but that is a very good point. Because he was originally touched by the tragedy of Gotham-crime, he's invested in it (crime-fighting). It's like donating to the charity for a disease a loved-one has, as opposed to donating to some random one just because it's the good/charitable thing to do. Not that I (/"we") expect people to care that much about something that hasn't touched their lives (easy to be sympathetic, hard to be empathetic), but I guess that's what's "special" about Superman - he's the ideal. He's what we'd want to be even if it's hard/we-can't-be (but it never stops us from hoping).

Well said.