superman theory

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Benk111

is superman the messiah? (I know it's fan fiction)

No Caption Provided

My theory is that superman is the messiah spoken of in many religions. Now let us fit this theory into different versions of the messiah by tailoring it to the needs of the theory. So let us say if the messiah is a reincarnation of Jesus that he has no memory of his past life. I am going to start by stating that I am atheist. Since in the DC universe the presence exists which is a form of the monotheism (religion that believes in one god) god. The presence has powered beings such as the scenarios and not superman; in fact, the presence does not even speak to superman.

So how could superman be the messiah if he does not know the presence? Now maybe the presence made him the messiah without letting him know it that way all of his actions would be out of sheer will not because that is what he is supposed to do. So now, we have to think about how did the presence chose superman and send him to save earth? Well there are questions about the destruction of krypton and how is superman the only person who makes if out.

In addition, how it is not discovered by many or believed by others. Maybe krypton was destroyed by the presence and it was the presence that encored superman would leave the planet alone with no way of returning. That would be the presence-sending superman to earth as a messiah to save us from one of the many doomsday scenarios he saved earth from.

No Caption Provided

I'm not saying it's fact just a theory.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I mean no disrespect but Superman being compared to the messiah is nothing new. It's happened for years in comics and Man of Steel (in my opinion) overplayed the "Superman is Jesus" angle a little too much.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stop

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was long and pointless and said nothing. People need headers and sections and photos to pay attention.

Avatar image for kryptonianprime
KryptonianPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KryptonianPrime

He has definitely been portrayed in some instances as a christ-figure for sure, I can understand where you're coming from.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Messiah of Steel.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're overthinking it...

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001 said:

I mean no disrespect but Superman being compared to the messiah is nothing new. It's happened for years in comics and Man of Steel (in my opinion) overplayed the "Superman is Jesus" angle a little too much.

I'm not sure there was a "Superman is Jesus" angle so much as the whole movie was the story of Jesus told through Superman.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111 said:

is superman the messiah? (I know it's fan fiction)

No Caption Provided

My theory is that superman is the messiah spoken of in many religions. Now let us fit this theory into different versions of the messiah by tailoring it to the needs of the theory. So let us say if the messiah is a reincarnation of Jesus that he has no memory of his past life. I am going to start by stating that I am atheist. Since in the DC universe the presence exists which is a form of the monotheism (religion that believes in one god) god. The presence has powered beings such as the scenarios and not superman; in fact, the presence does not even speak to superman.

So how could superman be the messiah if he does not know the presence? Now maybe the presence made him the messiah without letting him know it that way all of his actions would be out of sheer will not because that is what he is supposed to do. So now, we have to think about how did the presence chose superman and send him to save earth? Well there are questions about the destruction of krypton and how is superman the only person who makes if out.

In addition, how it is not discovered by many or believed by others. Maybe krypton was destroyed by the presence and it was the presence that encored superman would leave the planet alone with no way of returning. That would be the presence-sending superman to earth as a messiah to save us from one of the many doomsday scenarios he saved earth from.

No Caption Provided

I'm not saying it's fact just a theory.

I applaud you taking the time to change your post to make it more readable and effective.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman has more in common with the second coming type messiah than with the suffering servant type.