#1 Posted by OverLordArgeist (5245 posts) - - Show Bio

Who has the best destructive power?

Fight!

#2 Posted by Wolverine08 (26211 posts) - - Show Bio

They might be equal. I'll give Superman a SLIGT edge even though I don't like him.

#3 Edited by xlab3000 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Thor

#4 Posted by deaditegonzo (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

Its tough to do this one objectively. In most recent history, I feel Superman has the best striking feat, what with sending shockwaves to the core of the earth and into the atmosphere. But throughout both of their publication histories, it goes back and forth. Superman is an easy moon crusher, but I believe Thor is too. I believe either could one shot a planet if they wanted to. Id give Supes the edge.

#5 Posted by Perethorn (2747 posts) - - Show Bio

They are pretty equal, but for me, Thor hits harder for having Mjolnir and his strength belt

#6 Posted by Teerack (4543 posts) - - Show Bio

Strike from Mjölnir would be infused with the Odin Force which is very high level magic... so it would probably really really hurt superman considering his reaction to magic...

#7 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (4666 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by MonsterStomp (13049 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has some cool striking feats even when not even bloodlusted. Thor can't hit if his life depended on it, his Mjolnir can hit, but Thor can't.

#9 Edited by warlock360 (26898 posts) - - Show Bio

Until Thor does this i say tights wins.

#10 Posted by hart7668 (2101 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360:

That's not quite Superman. That's Superboy Prime, who is by far and away much more powerful than either Superman or Thor.

That aside, didn't Thor damage a Celestial's armor? I can only recall Superman splitting a moon of Saturn's when Luthor won the presidential race, although that might be more of a speed feat than anything else (as it was "four minutes" from the announcement).

I feel like Thor lends himself to have better striking feats and Superman to have better lifting feats. Not necessarily saying one hits or lifts harder than the other, but it often turns out this way.

#11 Posted by sinestro_GL (3003 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#12 Edited by PrimeDirective (449 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's blows transcend physics as they are enhanced by magical properties. I think I have to give it to Thor. If both had time to set up to hit their very hardest, I feel like not only would Thor come out on top, but that he would also be able to absolutely devastate certain things Superman couldn't scratch simply because of his mystical nature.

#13 Posted by hart7668 (2101 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's blows transcend physics as they are enhanced by magical properties. I think I have to give it to Thor. If both had time to set up to hit their very hardest, I feel like not only would Thor come out on top, but that he would also be able to hit certain things Superman couldn't scratch simply because of his mystical nature.

this

Does Thor still have the godblast?

#14 Posted by comicace3 (1833 posts) - - Show Bio

They are pretty equal, but for me, Thor hits harder for having Mjolnir and his strength belt

yup

#15 Edited by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

Thor's blows transcend physics as they are enhanced by magical properties. I think I have to give it to Thor. If both had time to set up to hit their very hardest, I feel like not only would Thor come out on top, but that he would also be able to absolutely devastate certain things Superman couldn't scratch simply because of his mystical nature.

For these reasons. ;D

Zijuun.

#16 Edited by Freefa11 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Superman's best destructive feat pre-52 was destroying the Shadow Moon, and that was with a high-speed ram, not just a punch. Beta Ray Bill has destroyed an actual planet by ramming it (and didn't KO himself in the process). I think Thor has destroyed a planet, but that was during Blood and Thunder where he was amped above his normal performance level, and the size of the "planet" is pretty debatable, from what I recall. Obviously, this is with Mjolnir as well. As mentioned, Thor has also cracked a Celestial's armor, and his god blast has pushed back Juggernaut in motion as well as driven off Galactus (weakened, but still).

I think in terms of absolute destructive potential, Thor comes out ahead, due to Mjolnir. If we're talking just straight up punching though, ala Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots, Superman has the advantage.

#17 Posted by Saren (24284 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor was wearing his gauntlet and belt when he cracked Exitar's armor...

#18 Posted by New_World_Order (11132 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Thor couldn't hit if his life depended on it? Do you know much about Thor? Not trying to sound offensive.

#19 Posted by MonsterStomp (13049 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Thor couldn't hit if his life depended on it? Do you know much about Thor? Not trying to sound offensive.

Alright, post Thor's best unarmed striking feat.

#20 Posted by PowerHerc (78161 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a close call but I'm going with Superman.

#21 Posted by New_World_Order (11132 posts) - - Show Bio

@freefa11: Thor has destroyed multiple secondary Ultron robots, dented pure adamantium, dropped Odin to his knees(although Mjolnir had lightning), killed Angrir with one hit(amped Thing who stomped Rulk), sent Nul Hulk onto space, caused explosions on other planets while being on earth, destroyed a small planet, knocked down a starving Galactus multiple times, stopped a tsumami with a hammer throw, split the Apocalypse's spaceship in half (which would have caused a planetary winter, and destroyed the city, knocked out the Phoenix Force, shattered Phoenix Force Emma's Diamond Form, destroyed Modok shields easily which could tank a nuclear explosion, hit Ultron so hard the cruise ship blew up, destroyed Ultron's virus infected body, destroyed Demogorges heart, dropped Surtur, only Avenger shown capable of hurting Starheart user, (forgot his name),

#22 Edited by New_World_Order (11132 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Well he technically doesn't strike without Mjolnir, but that is no reason to say what you said. Regardless he has gotten the better of Hulk even without Mjolnir when Hulk complained Thor was weak without it.

#23 Posted by OverLordArgeist (5245 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#24 Posted by MonsterStomp (13049 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Well he technically doesn't strike without Mjolnir, but that is no reason to say what you said. Regardless he has gotten the better of Hulk even without Mjolnir when Hulk complained Thor was weak without it.

My original post was directed at the fact that Thor can't hit as hard without his Mjonlir.

If it was striking via hands only, Superman is far better.

#25 Posted by OverLordArgeist (5245 posts) - - Show Bio

IIRC, Mjölnir gives no strength boost.

#26 Posted by Havenless (1277 posts) - - Show Bio

No, but it gives a demolition boost. He can charge the hammer to have a devastating effect on his target.

#27 Posted by OverLordArgeist (5245 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas said:

No, but it gives a demolition boost. He can charge the hammer to have a devastating effect on his target.