#1 Posted by justanormalguy (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone explain to me the difference between the two? Because honestly, every incarnation I see of Prime is Superboy. Even the Superman Prime incarnations look like Superboy Prime. He always looks the same. I mean, when does he become Superman Prime, and then become Superboy Prime again? I mean, how does that even make sense? I am so confused. Is he Superman Prime or Superboy Prime? Are they two different people?

#2 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

SuperBOY Prime was a hero/villain from Earth 3, he was the main villain in Infinite Crisis and many different titles. He became SuperMAN Prime after absorbing the Guardians Oan energy.

#3 Posted by King Saturn (223980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

SuperBOY Prime was a hero/villain from Earth 3, he was the main villain in Infinite Crisis and many different titles. He became SuperMAN Prime after absorbing the Guardians Oan energy.

this is the answer
#4 Posted by justanormalguy (114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: But isn't he Superboy Prime again? How is that so?

#5 Posted by _Zombie_ (10379 posts) - - Show Bio

@justanormalguy said:

@Deranged Midget: But isn't he Superboy Prime again? How is that so?

Unless he's appeared in the DCnU, it's hard to say what his actual title is right now. Most people called him Superboy Prime out of habit. Least that's how I see it.

#6 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@justanormalguy: He became Superboy Prime after draining the energy fighting Monarch.

#7 Edited by drgnx (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

If I recall correctly, SBP was for Earth Prime; His ex-partner, Alexandre Luther Jr., was from earth 3 (where Luthors & associates are good and Superman/Ultraman & company are evil).

On a side note, Power Girl and Black Lanterns Sups & Loise were from earth 2.

Also to the OP, are you referring to superman prime in the black costume, that is superboy prime with a temporary cosmic growth spurt. There is also a Golden Superman Prime which is Regular Superman ascended to godhood via thousands of years of power-ups.

#8 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11309 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@Deranged Midget said:

If I recall correctly, SBP was for Earth Prime; His ex-partner, Alexandre Luther Jr., was from earth 3 (where Luthors & associates are good and Superman/Ultraman & company are evil).

On a side note, Power Girl and Black Lanterns Sups & Loise were from earth 2.

Also to the OP, are you referring to superman prime in the black costume, that is superboy prime with a temporary cosmic growth spurt. There is also a Golden Superman Prime which is Regular Superman ascended to godhood via thousands of years of power-ups.

THIS would be the correct answer.

Superboy Prime and Superman Prime are one in the same. SMP is just SBP grown up after he absorbed Oan Energy.

Superman Prime One Million is the Golden Superman in the JLA One Million Story Arc.

#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: Mmm, always get the earth's mixed up.

#10 Posted by ShadowHuntR (448 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, no. Superman Prime is the Gold Superman.

#11 Posted by EdBlank (492 posts) - - Show Bio

So that makes 813 different Supermans then? *YAWN*

#12 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

#13 Posted by HolySerpent (12514 posts) - - Show Bio

He actually started being call Superman prime during sinestro corp war

#14 Posted by S_S (5 posts) - - Show Bio