Superman (Man of Steel) vs Hulk (Avengers)

• 150 results
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By dondave

Superman

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By eternityx

@monsterstomp: I seem to have misunderstood your comment. Sorry. Also I change my answer, I forgot about the giant ship Hulk punched, Hulk wins.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk could of thrown that oil tanker Superman could barely hold up lol. Hulk

Barely held up? Hulk would of had the same problem, considerably more because of his weight. You're disregarding the fact that the only reason he failed to completely lift it was because the ground beneath him was collapsing, thus having no stable ground to stand on. He lacked flight, therefore i was physically impossible for him to actually lift him, whether him having the strength or not.

KiD_iNSaNitY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By KiD_iNSaNitY

Hulk takes it...how would they even arm wrestle lol Hulks hands are too big tht would be a funny ass arm wrestle tho

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jedixman said:
@goddamnironman said:

That Chitauri ship that BB punched is easily over 1000tons.....

That's the weight of 10 modern (Ford-class) Aircraft carriers.

Just pointing that out...

10 modern (Ford-class) only weigh in 1000tons? That's impossible...

Source - from spacebattles, killermovies and comicbookresources

You've been watching too many movies. Do you have any idea how much weight the i-beams in those things are rated to hold? Let's put it this way, an M1A1 Abrams tank is about 67 short tons in weight. The plane that was deliberately (and sadly) flown into the WTC in 9/11 was a 767-200 with almost 90 short tons of dry weight, not counting the combined weight of cargo and passengers. The plane that was deliberately propelled into the building at a high rate of speed didn't crash right through the building, and the building only fell due to the melting girders.

You forgot the 30 tons of fuel. Highly flamalble fuel at that.

Yep. That too.

Which makes it an easy estimate for the Chitauri leviathan *at least* 900+++ tons of very dense material, the way it treated buildings like it wasn't even there. And TA Hulk one-punched it to a total stop.

If you recall the scene where Iron Man tries to penetrate the armor, but Jarvis stopped him and said the armor is too dense...and they will probably runs out of power before even leaves a scratch. You may think that Iron man has weak lasers or such....but no, remember in Iron Man 2, he charge the laser once, make a sweet rotation...then *woop* all armors are gone. (starts at 1:14)

Loading Video...

This shows that is not some ordinary Laser we use in industry or military....judging from the speed it cuts through those armor.

Therefore, simple arithmetic will tells you the entire Leviathan is REALLY heavy, and according to Marvel's WIki, Leviathan is killed by a direct punch to the head from the Hulk!

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller said:

Barely held up? Hulk would of had the same problem, considerably more because of his weight. You're disregarding the fact that the only reason he failed to completely lift it was because the ground beneath him was collapsing, thus having no stable ground to stand on. He lacked flight, therefore i was physically impossible for him to actually lift him, whether him having the strength or not.

See his facial expression when he holding that oil tank? that doesn't look like he failed because of the ground support....just sayin'

And what is the best feat of Superman in MoS that can place him in comparison with the "One-Hit-KO Hulk punch"???

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#57  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@goddamnironman: Hulk didn't 1 shot anything. He punched the Leviathan and its tail reared up. He didn't even stop its momentum. Rewatch the scene again, it never stopped moving forward. Tony finishes it off by launching a missile at it, had he not done this the tail would have kept moving and crashed on everyone.

@x_insignia1 said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

Finally someone other than me who actually understands this scene. And this was all before Superman was realizing his full powers.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins.

Avengers movie was still better.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: An aircraft carrier weighs 16k (for really tiny ones) to 90k tons, a hundred ton supercarrier would have to be made from aerogel. :P

The Gerald R. Ford, the first ship in the new series of Ford-class supercarriers has a displacement of 100 long tons. If memory serves, the Nimitz-class weighed the same.

Source.

So... yeah.

And when I referred to aircraft carrier, I was referring to supercarriers... since I specifically referenced the Ford-class.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_insignia1 said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

See his facial expression when he holding that oil tank? that doesn't look like he failed because of the ground support....just sayin'

And what is the best feat of Superman in MoS that can place him in comparison with the "One-Hit-KO Hulk punch"???

according to YOU

his latter feat in the film clearly demonstrate that he has the power, such as flying through, and destroying the world engine despite being weakened, mind you the beam the engine created was pushing through the center of the planet towards the other machine on the opposite side of the planet, that's a hella force.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:
@goddamnironman said:

That Chitauri ship that BB punched is easily over 1000tons.....

That's the weight of 10 modern (Ford-class) Aircraft carriers.

Just pointing that out...

10 modern (Ford-class) only weigh in 1000tons? That's impossible...

A single Ford-class supercarrier weighs 100 tons.

Source.

100 tons x 10 = 1,000 tons.

Care to argue with the US Navy?

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Vaeternus

Superman by far

hardcorefakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speed blitz. No contest here.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speed blitz. No contest here.

Since when did he demonstrates any Speed blitz? the only one in the movie speed blitz is Faora....

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goddamnironman: he didn't demonstrate it per say, he just is that much faster and showed the ability to change direction. Just weighing it proportionately he was faster than the hulk on average. Hulk can launch himself very fast like a bullet, sure, but superman can control his flight path or just land abruptly and relaunch. Movie Hulk probably can't keep up with that so it is technically the act of speed blitzing

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goddamnironman: he didn't demonstrate it per say, he just is that much faster and showed the ability to change direction. Just weighing it proportionately he was faster than the hulk on average. Hulk can launch himself very fast like a bullet, sure, but superman can control his flight path or just land abruptly and relaunch. Movie Hulk probably can't keep up with that so it is technically the act of speed blitzing

According to the OP, this is a brawl contest....not flight or overall fight. So do you want to try again?

Avatar image for andersonsilvaissuperman
andersonsilvaissuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

id say supes, he showcased more strength while hulk more smashing ability

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goddamnironman: This is an arm wrestle battle. Where Strength feats >>> Striking feats.

I honestly don't see how a Leviathan would be much more weight then a fully grown blue whale packed full of armour. Two full grown blue whales at most, which is a little under 400 tons.

Picallo3798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Picallo3798

Superman tanks a black hole >>>> than any of the hulks feats. Do some research, thats actually pretty darn strong. Hulk punched a big robot........ok whoop dee doo. Superman overpowers a gravity terra forming device while being weakened by the infant kryptonian atmosphere. So at 80% superman tanks something that is 10+ times earths gravity. No small thing. To the naked eye Supermans feats arent that cool but Hulk punching a big robot is visually stunning so it seems cool. Break through the hype. Tanking a black hole is ridiculously strong. MOS minimal effort. 10/10 Black Hole

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picallo3798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: He resists the pull of a Black hole, which nothing in the universe can do. Not stars not galaxies. That is WAY more powerful than Hulk punching a big robot.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#74  Edited By Deranged Midget

Sorry mate, but this isn't a battle. Please check out the Battle Forum Rules next time for some more info!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@picallo3798: I forgot they mentioned something kind of like a black hole!

Picallo3798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Um how is MOS vs Hulk not a battle?

Cause it's an arm wrestling contest. A competition, yes. But not a battle.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Um how is MOS vs Hulk not a battle?

Read the Battle Forum Rules on what is defined as a "battle".

"Who is stronger than who", "Can x character defeat x character via arm wrestling", etc are not considered battles mate.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picallo3798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By MonsterStomp
Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 Supes

Round 2 Stalemate

Round 3 Hulk

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goddamnironman: @thelocust619 said:

According to the OP, this is a brawl contest....not flight or overall fight. So do you want to try again?

Um....what are u talking about? This ain't a boxing match and its not like supes is going very far. He could speed blitz hulk within a few yards, he doesn't have to BFR himself to do it so try putting some thought into it before offering me options, pal. No one just runs at each other swinging fists, especially the hulk. Now so far strength is debatable but supes has the clear edge in speed and can potentially attack hulk in angles he's not prepared for. Not to mention let's say hulk pounces....superman flies around, grabs his leg and uses him as a baseball bat on the earth. That's fighting. Idk what ur talking about how blitzing him isn't okay, he's just not fast enough. Its like u just literally tried to argue with me using "no u can't do that cuz then hell win!" as ur excuse.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Hulk is strongest there is. I think that answers your question.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goddamnironman: nvm sorry, I see this was moved to general discussions and is now officially not a battle. I withdraw my previous statement, I wasn't aware we totally dropped the battle aspect. In this case hulk wins, Hulk jumps waaaaaaay farther so is potentially stronger with just lifting strength alone.

StudentOfJorEl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins. Hulk got hit by only sound guns while Superman in Man Of Steel struggles to take on a World Engine that turns planets into kryptons, destroy cities and is more destructive than any of the avengers in the movie.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#88  Edited By Bezza

@logy5000: There's no direct strength feats for Hulk than I can think of. The best I can think of his him punching one of the space-dragons and making its tail go upwards. But he didn't stop the momentum. And I have no clue how much it weights.

In his solo movie the best feats I can think of are him throwing a Forklift and a Humvee (both of which are about 3-5 tons)

Nam-Ek who isn't suppose to be as powerful as Superman tossed a burning locomotive a pretty long distance which is a 100-200~ ton feat. Superman was holding up an oil rig before the beams he was standing on collapsed - and that was before he started realizing his full power. That's probably a 100+ ton feat.

After that its all eye of the beholder to be honest. I think Superman had a better display of powers. I'm sorry if this somehow makes me a MoS fan boy or a Marvel hater or however you look at it. Just kind of the way I've seen it.

People seem to have forgotten the Ang Lee film, where Hulk tossed a tank several hundred metres away from him. Now as a tank weighs about 60-70 tons, that's a fairly impressive feat. I thought both SUPERMAN and HULK were blighted by PIS stupidity in both films. Hulk failing to crack that jet and then falling to the ground and being unconscious. Superman got staggered by bullets and almost knocked out by ZOD wacking him with a girder, but then barely phased by being smacked through tower blocks and he destroyed the world engine. The Avengers HULK was pretty strong, but didn't really get that angry in his fight scenes. Difficult to call, but based on their showings in these two movies. I'm wavering towards Superman.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By z3ro180

Superman

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Ang Lee Hulk isn't apart of the MCU.

MightyBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By MightyBeast

Yea I agree that hulk and Thor were tuned down on the movies especially their strength. And I loved mos fight scenes.

Gamora616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a Marvel fan, overall, and I haven't watched Man of Steel yet, but no matter, I still think Superman would win.

Gamora616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Gamora616

Stupid post limit... Anyway... I changed my mind. The Hulk punched that Chitauri carrier and pretty much stopped it in it's tracks. He barely even used force besides at the beginning of his punch motion which after that, he basically just stood there extending his arm and the entire carrier was done minus the finishing blow that Iron Man had landed. If I do not here something equal to or greater than that, Hulk definitely wins.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of Steel for the roflstomp. He'd roll the Avengers, he'd probably put Hulk to bed without Hulk even having the chance to respond.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should've been a poll.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@logy5000: There's no direct strength feats for Hulk than I can think of. The best I can think of his him punching one of the space-dragons and making its tail go upwards. But he didn't stop the momentum. And I have no clue how much it weights.

In his solo movie the best feats I can think of are him throwing a Forklift and a Humvee (both of which are about 3-5 tons)

Nam-Ek who isn't suppose to be as powerful as Superman tossed a burning locomotive a pretty long distance which is a 100-200~ ton feat. Superman was holding up an oil rig before the beams he was standing on collapsed - and that was before he started realizing his full power. That's probably a 100+ ton feat.

After that its all eye of the beholder to be honest. I think Superman had a better display of powers. I'm sorry if this somehow makes me a MoS fan boy or a Marvel hater or however you look at it. Just kind of the way I've seen it.

Actually the Hulk bare more weight and force when the tail goes upward...check Physics.

the feat in the 1st movie doesn't count, it is separated from the MCU, only the Incredible Hulk is a part of MCU.

Yeah, you're right, a locomotive weight about 200 tons, but I can safely say that the Space-dragon is much heavier than the locomotive. Seriously it's much bigger than the locomotive! I say about 500+ tons, which I haven't mention about the density of the space-dragon... Iron Man in the movie tries to cut through it with his Laser (we all know what it can do in Iron man 2, slices through metal like butter!). And Jarvis said he would run out battery before it cut through the armor of the Space-dragon. So simple density, volume calculation can tell you it is MUCH MUCH heavier than the oil rig, or the locomotive.

I know, you can say punching feat is not equal lifting feat...well, tell you what, the strength required to punch a moving object and stop it is far greater than lifting strength alone. As moving object gains Kinetic energy, and it's mass remains the same.

Energy = (1/2)m (v^2)

Easily 1000+ tons feat for Hulk.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@goddamnironman: Except when I tell you Locomotives weight 100-200, its an actual fact.

When you tell me 1000+ tons, you have 0 facts. Its all guessing.

Quantifiable feats > non quantifiable feats.

period

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hulk in avengers is Green hulk and he would never be able to reach Kal'els strength. He maybe max a 100 tons while supes is at 10000+

TitanGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes im a Mos fan and ive seen the avengers, hulk pretty much haven't shown us feats that is beyond MOS superman so my vote is on superman.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of Steel, easy. Man of Steel > Entire Avengers roster.