Superman is overpowered. Agree?

• 65 results
Harrisontb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok so everybody knows that flash and superman are often compared in speed (flash is faster do not argue). Superman shouldn't even come close to be fair. Most people say he has one weakness (kryptonite) but they forget he had to be in the sun (not literally inside of it just to be clear). But think about it. TWO WEAKNESSES. Hell not even weaknesses, it's more like two CHANCES! I feel like some people got him hard enough to knock out or something but to KILL superman, it's rediculous. Flash is also extremely hard to kill but all of his abilities are related to the prime ability that sums up the flash. SPEED! Hey what's the flashes power again? SPEED What are super mans powers? how many days you got? It's a long list. Who remembers wall repair vision? That was the movie but still. What the hell?! He is the cheapest superhero and if he can lose a fight with anybody they better be on the dark side of the moon with a kryptonite arsenal of weapons, melee to ranged. The fact that people should have to compare flash to superman is stupid! I mean if do wanted flash to be of any use to anybody, he has to be faster than superman, and by far! It was even said that flash let superman win some races for charity. I just find it irritating that somebody, to make superman, could just say, I want him to have every superpower you can think of whether it is cool or the stupidest thing ever, and to have almost no way of dying. And then they give him the absolute worst name in creativity. Superman... Superman=super hero- hero+man. It's just so simple. I don't want to bash superman or anything but cmon. When ventriloquism is in your arsenal of superpowers, it's kinda exhausting to read every power he had ever used. I just don't see why dc can't make it IMMENSLY OBVIOUS TO EVERYBODY that flash is faster, no ifs ands or buts. He is faster and they have shown that but when it comes to superman coming in extremely close to winning, it's kinda just annoying. What can a hero do that superman can't. I hear spectre is impossible (or damn near it) to beat. Same as presence, but I don't think that presence is even possible no matter what to beat, idk not sure. Haven't heard of the character before today. It is pretty bad how overpowered superman is. Flash is overpowered (travel through time and can react to anything faster than anything as well as has strength to use in a short amount of time). I find it irritating that it can even be discussed. I don't see superman traveling fat enough to turn into lightning that struck many years ago causing the Lightning to strike in an infinite loop. Or even going fast enough to turn into his parents and giving him superpowers by making him born. If Philip j. Fry was superman though lol, superman would be supermans granddad. but technically if superman rand in the opposite direction of the way the world rotated and caused it to turn that way, time WOULDNT change at all. The sun would rise in the west and set in the east. He would probably screw that up too because it probably wouldn't be the exact same speed it would be going before this so days weeks months and years WOULDNT be the same amount of time they are now. Not that science is something that really has to apply to comic books in order for them to be entertained, I don't like that feat that makes superman "faster than the flash". He isn't. Sorry for all that. So. Who else agrees? Again, not dissing superman, flash is just faster.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rpgesus

He is currently very depowered... everyone knows flash is faster

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, kind of.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even close

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't read but compared to all the rest of the characters in comics, let alone fiction, he's hardly overpowered.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He lost a bunch of times to comparable characters as well as faster and stronger characters like Wonder Wonder, Doomsday, Zoom. He'd lose against magical characters like Dr. Strange, Scarlet Witch, Phoenix, etc. Telepathy characters like Dr. X or Jean could disable him as well. I don't see how he is overpowered when he's just a brute and is weak against magic, telepathy and Kryptonite.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harrisontb: Paragraphs are your friend.

I'm not trying to decipher that block of text. So with that said, I'll answer the title without having read anything else.

Is Superman overpowered?

Nope.

WELLDONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh look another hurt fanboy of another character threatened by superman. get in line, right behind goku fans and thor fans and hulk fans. and every other character superman shits on. its a very long line

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude Superman was the first comic book superhero so cut him slack for his name. Besides you're the first person, i see who complains about his name.
Ventriloquism & Wall repair vision was one of his silver age powers
He have like 4 weakness right now, thats more than enough when compared to other characters. Doomsday beat him to death; not on the dark side of the moon or by using kryptonite but in middle of city during daytime by using pure strength .
He exists in world which has Swamp Thing, Black Adam, Lucifer, Martian Manhunter, Brainiac, Phantom Stranger, Mr Mxy, Despero, Spectre, Anti-Monitor, Darkseid & New Gods and all those Geen, Blue, Red Lanterns. So he's not overpowered.

Read comics , by your rant it seems like don't even read DC comics much , let alone any Superman comic.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Says he doesn't wanna bash Superman.

Writes a wall of text basically bashing everything about Superman from his powers (some of which haven't existed since the Silver Age) to his name.

Holy Hoodrats, Batman! Where they do that at!?

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poeticwarrior: When do you feel he has lost to Wonder woman?

When he was brainwashed. Wonder Woman cut up his throat with her tiara. He was bleeding from his throat, and she could have cut off his head instead of just his throat in that instance (She does it against monsters many times before), but her goal wasn't to kill him but to free him. Superman was bloodlusted during that time since he was brainwashed.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poeticwarrior: This is a wound he otherwise healed from , literally moments later. There is nothing to suggest she could have taken his head off , either by her feats or Superman's durability

Heck if we are taking about things in the fight that make no sense? Superman was able to fly her to the sun before she could even react.,.with her outright noting that she is blacking out from the speed at which they are moving. For the rest of the fight? He completely forgets this speed

He could actually make her unconscious by punching her from the sun to earth, with his best hit. For the rest of the fight? no such blows landed

His HV is outright noted to be burning right through every part of her body not covered by indestructible bracelets. So does superman rememeber he has wide range HV at all? No sir, pencil thin bolts only

Superman is shown to be powerful enough to literally snap her bones in the fight with his grip. so the time he is carrying her to the sun does he snap her neck in half while ahe cant even react? Nope

Superman manages to freeze her and then...stops fighting her to look for a ...rock? Because lets face it , a rock is so much more durable than either his or wonder woman' fists amirite?

Superman is stunned by her clanging her bracelets together? This is a dude who otherwise doesnt even blink while at the centre of nukes as far as magnitude of sound goes heck sonics have outright failed to work on him multiple times, and barring his early bryne days, he treats jimmys hypersonic signal as a joke as far as frequency goes

And he needs to " activate " his hearing? the fck? Dude hears people in other star systems without particularly stopping to listen like an idiot, or trying to use his " other senses" or whatever?

And thats in this fight alone, without going to how his other fights have gone with her , involving a couple of hilarious stomps, and their independent feats outside of this, where superman is *significantly* better than diana in just about every department

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This of course ignoring the main point here, which is that the only one KOd at any point in the fight was Diana

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

no his limitless power is apart of his character and his story. if you dont like it(which isnt bad if you dont its your opinion) probably means you dont like his character or story.

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harrisontb: I don't agree. I don't think Superman is overpowered.

Kryptonite and a lack of yellow sun radiation aren't his only weaknesses. Red sun radiation depowers him, though I don't know at what rate, and although it is not a direct weakness, he can be hurt by magic. And his weaknesses don't even mean that they're the only ways to beat him. There are plenty of people who are in the same league as Superman. A lot of the time he battles someone who puts up a good fight. Doomsday, Parasite, Mongul, Braniac and Black Adam are examples. Even fellow heroes such as Shazam and Orion can give Supes a hard time.

Also, I don't think it's fair to judge a character just because he or she has a lot of powers; to some people, it could be cool. It's not like the powers make him win every battle. You can read my last paragraph for that.

And I don't believe it's also fair to judge Supes because of the powers he had in the Silver Age. You are aware, that super-ventriloquism was from the 60's, right? Things were different back then, allowing super-ventriloquism. He doesn't even have some of the powers you mentioned now. If he had super-ventriloquism and wall-repair vision now, then I can agree that would be weird.

Lastly, what's wrong with the name "Superman"? Simplicity isn't always bad you know. In fact, it's very fitting. He's not too themed, like the Flash with super-speed, Batman with bats and Green Lantern with the Green Lantern Ring; he's generally above the normal man in many various aspects. Also, he is among us men and women. Therefore, because he is "beyond the normal man", hence "Superman".

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You lost me at "overpowered"

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No where near.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Not currently, no.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By MasterKungFu

more superman is overpowered threads?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm let me look at his villains

Zod

Parasite

Bizarro

Doomsday

Brainiac

Darkseid

Nope his not OP

Avatar image for marcus_halberstram
Marcus_Halberstram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@kfabz-23 said:

Hmm let me look at his villains

Zod

Parasite

Bizarro

Doomsday

Brainiac

Darkseid

Nope his not OP

you forgot Metallo, Mxyzptlk, Mongul, Atomic Skull...

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

He should be even more OP in my opinion.

In fact I miss my SA superman.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no. Beyonder is overpowered

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have agreed back in the early nineties are something, but there are new characters created everyday. Many of which, whom are on par or even more powerful. The thing is, being SUPER is Clark's whole thing.

What makes Clark awesome is that he doesn't let all of this power corrupt him.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

please research the character and his losses before you make a thread like this. mjolnir has so many abilities its ridiculous but I don't see people bashing godblast because it hurts abstracts. beyonder, franklin Richards and frickin sentry are overpowered as heck but no, everyone hates superman so they have to make a thread because they haven't read a comic with him in it.....

and of course the flash is faster, the dude outran the big bang....the big bang!!!!!

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By micah007123

No. Compared to others in comics yet alone fiction......he could be considered a mid tier to them.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No I don't agree. Superman isn't even the most powerful superhero in the DC universe. Let alone the most powerful character.and considering the villains he fights I'm not surprised he needs all of his powers to beat them

Avatar image for jeanralphioisback
JeanRalphioIsBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get what you're saying. Is your favorite character a street leveler? Only a few people can hurt him, he has every power in the book and very few weakness that are extremely hard to get.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell no.

Dude's always getting his ass kicked.

Avatar image for ironspiderchan45
Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ironspiderchan45

Prime is OP but current Superman is getting pretty weak

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

depends on how powerful his villains are, so no.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

overpowered compared to you. yes

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OP seems to be not even exposed to a lot of comics to claim superman is overpowered

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Sure wynaut

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard to be OP when you have to fight Mandrakk, Darkseid, Despero, Amazo, Doomsday, Anti-Monitor, Nekron, etc.,

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't read but compared to all the rest of the characters in comics, let alone fiction, he's hardly overpowered.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mmmmmm yummy bait

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, I wish he was more powerful.

Avatar image for deactivated-60260d105a8eb
deactivated-60260d105a8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahaha, no. Not even close.

Avatar image for jesusthesefanboys
Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No superman being op only applies to silver age superman. Also kal kent. Modern versions are actually under powered.