Superman Free Roaming Video Game Ideas

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So many people probably want a free roaming Superman game where the environments are very destructible and you can go around fighting crime and all of that. But some people don't think its possible to make that kind of game because Superman is just so powerful and people will think he will be overpowered in the game. Well here are a few of my ideas.

1. Why not have a completely original story line instead of a movie or comic based game? Like Rocksteady did with Arkham Asylum and City.

2. Give Superman enemies that won't make him seem overpowered. Maybe the regular enemies in the game could be species with powers that allow them to battle superman.

3. Make the environment destructible and allow people to explore. Imagine a game like Infamous or Infamous 2. Now replace Cole Macgrath with Superman and make the environment more destructible. That's the kind of Superman Game we need.

4. Allow the player to utilize each of Superman's unique abilities. This could add to the destructible environment.

5. Now since Superman isn't evil and wouldn't just go cause destruction, maybe there should be a mode where you would be able to free roam as Zod and cause as much destruction as you please. From tossing cars around and people to destroying buildings and all that good stuff.

6. Have different skins. Enough said.

Superman Skins:

Man of Steel

Zod Skins:

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this and I'd love to hear your thoughts about this.

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see Bethesda or Rockstar making it the best. Cool idea I see Lex, Lobo, Mongul, or Darkseid being the first game then have some others come in. Maybe there should be a what if and instead you fight good guys.

Trollheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Set the game on Apokolips.

Destroying the environment just became 95% acceptable. You've got an excuse for mooks to just be wandering about for Superman to beat up on. Being in its own pocket dimension that doesn't have a yellow sun as far as I know, you've got an excuse for Superman being somewhat weaker. You've got plenty of bosses to face off against. People might whine about the game being too gritty, but at least it wouldn't be bad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Set the game on Apokolips.

Destroying the environment just became 95% acceptable. You've got an excuse for mooks to just be wandering about for Superman to beat up on. Being in its own pocket dimension that doesn't have a yellow sun as far as I know, you've got an excuse for Superman being somewhat weaker. You've got plenty of bosses to face off against. People might whine about the game being too gritty, but at least it wouldn't be bad.

I like the idea! It sounds awesome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Not sure how Superman would feel in a free roaming game. I mean, the player would feel less than free in a open world environment with how powerful Superman is and his large possible range of movement.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Something I've always vouched for is to give both Superman and Metropolis a life bar, mostly because the reason the Arkham games are so popular is because they make you feel like Batman. Feeling like Superman isn't just about the powers since he also holds back regularly and tries to find the less destructive option to most of his fights. In order for this to feel more organic I think you should have less options when you begin the game, like Superman in MOS who gets thrown around quite a bit but as you progress you become more experienced with your powers and manage to defeat your enemies in easier and faster ways.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@dreadpool10: BTW, I have to say I really like your ideas, especially Zod Mode. They should call it "What If Superman Hadn't Killed Zod" ;)

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the idea of playing with Zod, it could be another story and the Superman one. The enemies for superman could be Braniac, Mongul, Lobo, Darksied and Luthor. All enemies even the henchman should have super strength and some sort of destructive long range weapons. Superman can have a moral compass that tells if superman is too careless or not. Sometimes during battle It should appear warning icons that tell if a villager is in danger, The player can ignore him or try to save him if that happens the camera will go slowmotion and the player will have to decide what is the best way to save the citizen, this will change the moral compass. If you are a good superheroe the people will trust you and they will try to make your job easier and the government will not attack you, but if you are bad the people will hate you and throw you things and the government will attack you and they may even hire minor super villains to try to take you down.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.