Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jeremy1989

People have said that Superman is perfect I find bull$#!t

In my theory, I believe that Superman's biggest flaw if his perfection. Which mean he's an alien God living among human, and I can tell that he tries to be human wanted to belong but he can't.

These are my opinion

Tell me what you think?

Name some of Supe's biggest flaws?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

All characters have flaws specially the big ones.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Villains can take advantage of his morality.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

I think he's biggest flaw is the amount of responsibility he carries. The dude is known as the greatest hero on the planet, and is arguably the strongest, he has to do what others can't, saving the world on a daily basis. It ain't easy bein' Superman.

Loading Video...

shameless video plug is shameless.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He doesn't lift enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I prefer my Superman old-style. I rather him stay the good guy and be the most powerful hero on the planet. There's enough angst in Batman.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Hyperlight

I dont mind his power, or morality, I just think he can't be a hope for humanity if he isnt even human. Hes trying to give us a person to strive towards but we can't be like him because he is genetically superior and in a better position to have moral high ground. He also overcomes villians he shouldnt be able to. But other than that he is pretty dope

I think his biggest flaw are his pride/ego and his unquestionable sense of right and wrong (batman has this problem too)

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His unwavering loyalty to humanity, refusing to do anything wrong, always trying to save the lives of villians he just watched murder thousands of people (coughcoughdoomsdaycoughcough). I actually like a darker superman or one that's willing to bend the rules a little but and is willing to make his own hard decisions that may go against what he wants. I liked seeing him kill zod and doomsday, to me that was step in the right direction.

I don't want him to be a murderer or less of a boy scout, just not so perfect. And it seems we are getting that in the new 52. He can still inspire hope without being perfect.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No matter how much power he has, he can't save everyone. When he saves 10 people from a 5 alarm blaze, he knows that someone could be murdered in across town.

That must weigh pretty heavily on him, especially with his superhearing able to percieve tragedies he can't stop.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Superguy1591

@hyperlight: He's a symbol of hope for humanity because he's shaped by humans to be good and if an alien can do it, we all have the capacity for good. I also don't know what you mean by he's genetically superior, do you mean in terms of physical abilities? Kryptonians aren't more capable of good than humans, check out Kara, Zod and his hench-men and the council who let their pride doomed the whole planet. Also, having more power doesn't mean it's easier to be good. Just look around you, the wealthiest people are the most greedy. It is easier to be bad than good because good requires hard work to maintain while evil requires no effort, it's more a part of our nature.

Anyway, Superman's flaws, specifically in the N52, are his willingness to want to save everyone, his cockiness, his temper and his reactive attitude. I love N52 Superman because he is striving to be good instead of already being good. He's a character with flaws that he needs to work out and deal with instead of a stagnant character with nothing to learn.

I keep reading everyone give off pre-52 Superman's "flaws", but pre-52 Superman wasn't a character, he was a preachy caricature. He had no flaws, he had no short comings, he was a bore to read and I bet an even worst character to write for.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Superguy1591

Part of the reason I love Pak's Superman so much is the simple fact that he tries to encompass all of these traits into his Superman. I think Action Comics #29 is the most definitive N52 Superman book because it showcases all his flaws.

He wants to save everyone (Baka and the bunnies), he's overly cocky in his abilities, he gets angry when he sees someone being treated badly and he showed that he relies on his instinct to discern right from wrong, he doesn't wait for fate to decide what time is right.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stormdriven

His fatal flaw

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer my Superman old-style. I rather him stay the good guy and be the most powerful hero on the planet. There's enough angst in Batman.

I like my Superman with a little angst. It makes him feel like a real person. The angst works for a younger Superman at least. When he is older he has already fully committed to being Superman and all that comes with it.

Villains can take advantage of his morality.

That's something I enjoy about the character actually.

@rdclip said:

No matter how much power he has, he can't save everyone. When he saves 10 people from a 5 alarm blaze, he knows that someone could be murdered in across town.

That must weigh pretty heavily on him, especially with his superhearing able to percieve tragedies he can't stop.

Another thing I like about the character. They also touched on this beautifully in Smallville.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: I think it's the best part about the character, easily, and I didn't bring it up because it was a bad part of the character. He wouldn't be Superman without it. His morals are at once his greatest strength and his greatest weakness.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jeremy1989

@stormdriven said:

His fatal flaw

No Caption Provided

Well with all due respect

No Caption Provided

I don't think that's the real problem here. He is the "Man of Steel" for a reason. lol

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BlackWind

@rdclip: Basically this. Not even Superman can stop everything.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kyrees
@farkam said:

@rdclip said:

Another thing I like about the character. They also touched on this beautifully in Smallville.

this was also touched by lois and clark: the new adventures of superman. this one though is unique because it shows how clark has gotten used to this cold fact and lois was struggling with it. (it was an episode where clark lost his powers and lois was the one who was able to get it.)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Uh the same thing happened in the Smallville episode I was talking about, lol. Are you sure you are not getting them mixed up?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kyrees

@farkam: i don't remember that smallville episode but i remember that lois and clark episode clearly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: I guess Smallville just did the same thing then. I got done with watching Season 10 (which had the mentioned episode) of Smallville just two days ago, so it's still fresh on my memory.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Hyperlight

@superguy1591: I hear what you are saying but I was speaking of that fact that since he doesn't need what we do he can't understand what its like to be us and thus be something that people can strive toward. Its easy for him not to steal when he doesn't need to eat. Its easy for him to not kill because wether they come back or not they aren't much of a threat anyway. Im saying his physical abilities allow make it easier to be any way he wants, wether it would be good or bad. Im not saying its not great to be such a good guy im just saying its easier for him since the world doesnt affect him the same way it affects us. He doesn't have to deal with earth if he doesnt want to. But I was pretty much speaking of pre new 52 so I get were you are coming from bruh.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@farkam said:

@hislolita said:

I like my Superman with a little angst. It makes him feel like a real person. The angst works for a younger Superman at least. When he is older he has already fully committed to being Superman and all that comes with it.

My view is naïve and unrealistic in today's comic age, I think. Stories of a superhero who is unflawed and stalwart always would be boring and I get that. It just makes me a little sad that the wonder of Superman and what he was to kids is gone. Kids aren't the ones picking up his books and while they couldn't identify with him as a superhero, kids don't expect the reality of what it means to be one. Winning over the bad guys was all that mattered. Older readers (anyone over ten I guess) can get bored easily of a character like that. Maybe even find him clownish and cartoony because you can be a superhero but being perfect on top of that isn't just unreasonable, it's annoying.

Angst is in everyone, I suppose. You're right. At the very least, he'd have it as a young man and as an older man, he should be able to feel frustration and every other emotion that comes with being unappreciated and provoked. I dig the Golden Age, it's quirky and campy. If there was a better balance at the moment with Superman in the new New52, I would like him better. He's a wee bit over emotional, but again, this could just be me.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

His biggest flaw is his fans complain too much.