• 146 results
Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32927 posts) 1 year, 10 days ago

Poll: Superman/Batman Vs Avengers: Age of Ultron (223 votes)

Avengers: Age of Ultron 53%
Superman/Batman 47%

What are you most excited for?

#101 Edited by Havenless (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

@havenless said:

@smashbrawler said:

@the_tree said:

Superman/Batman. It's the first ever big screen crossover for DC, so it automatically has my curiosity, I love the two characters, and I really enjoyed Man of Steel.

I'm somewhat excited for Avengers: Age of Ultron, but ever since Whedon stated that Hank Pym isn't involved, I can't bring myself to get too excited.

Same here. Hell, I even heard Iron Man may be responsible for Ultron's existence instead of Pym.

Lois knowing Clark's identity from day 1 is fine, but Stark making Ultron is unacceptable?

Also keep in mind this is just as much Whedon vs. Snyder. These are both sequels, which one are you excited to see 'more of the same' from?

I don't mind Lois learning Clark's identity. Lois eventually learned of Clark's identity in the comics, and it helped to establish her skills as a reporter.

Having Iron Man make Ultron, though, is a huge slap in the face to fans of Hank Pym, me being one of those fans. It takes away an integral part of the character's history for no reason other than to prop up Stark.

There are many reasons, most notably that they would have to shoehorn Pym into the movie.

#102 Posted by The_Tree (7246 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless: It wouldn't be that hard to reference Pym. Have him be a SHIELD scientist working on a project gone wrong, or they could just not use Ultron and wait until the time is right to properly introduce the character. There are plenty of other villains that could have been used instead.

#103 Posted by PapiNacho (2365 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers are ok, but come on it's BATMAN and SUPERMAN, they could literally play tennis all day like they did in some of their comics and it still would be epic.

#104 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't decide :P

#105 Edited by 14NC3 (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a unique situation where each of these are sequels with the main production teams returning.

Superman/Batman is obviously historic, but we don't really know what we're getting. If it's more 'Man of Steel', it'll be a fun time at the theatre.

But Avengers was friggin epic, this is a sequel anticipated on the level of TKDR, Return of the Jedi, and Matrix Reloaded.

THIS

#106 Posted by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman/Superman

#107 Posted by The Stegman (23235 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers are ok, but come on it's BATMAN and SUPERMAN, they could literally play tennis all day like they did in some of their comics and it still would be epic.

This. It goes beyond Marvel and DC or Disney and WB. Superman and Batman are the two biggest comic heroes EVER. I've been waiting my entire life for this, many have been waiting decades. To see them together on the big screen blows out any sequel, even one as great as Avengers

#108 Edited by krspaceT (1463 posts) - - Show Bio

Any movie can bomb, or become a new classic. We'll have to wait and see, for all we know the best movie of 2015 will be Jurassic World

#109 Posted by DareHulk (216 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Batman, and it's not even close.

It's mainly because of the films that preceded them, Avengers was decent enough but Man of Steel was outstanding.

#110 Posted by Tyrus (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why, but Avengers: Age of Ultron has a WAY more exciting title... I jump out of my seat whenever I see news related to the film.

The Avengers still outranks Man of Steel by miles IMO... It's an everything film. Marvel knows what they're doing.They're light years ahead of DC/WB. It'll be awhile or take a lot of convincing for me to be excited about a DC film like I am about Marvel films.

#111 Edited by Skyfire (709 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman Batman could still be terrible, I mean MOS was ok but nothing stellar IMO, and we have a completely new Batman, so having these two in the same film doesn't automatically mean it will be good.

I have no such worries for Avengers. At worst it might not be as good as the first one, which I, at first, was very skeptical about, but it won me over big time. I expect this one to do the same.

Avengers is more than likely going to win the box office battle too.

#112 Posted by Tyrus (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

@skyfire: You gotta trust Whedon big time... He's been working on Age of Ultron for over a year now. He even said himself that he didn't want Avengers 2 to be as rushed as the first one, and look how amazing that turned out.

That's one of the things that worries me about Superman/Batman - WB spent from June last year to Feb/March this year focusing on a rushed Justice League script that it almost seems like the concept for Batman vs Superman only came like, a day before the comic-con announcement.

#113 Edited by TDK_1997 (14479 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Batman.The movie is something I have wanted to see since I was a small kid so I really want to see what the movie would be about.

While Avengers:Age of Ultron started to look like total bs right after it was announced that Ultron would be part of the movie and Hank Pym isn't involved at all.

#114 Posted by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@papinacho said:

This. It goes beyond Marvel and DC or Disney and WB. Superman and Batman are the two biggest comic heroes EVER. I've been waiting my entire life for this, many have been waiting decades. To see them together on the big screen blows out any sequel, even one as great as Avengers

Agreed

#115 Posted by TheDarkAvenger1997 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

DC is known for messing up their movies big time. The only trilogy that was truly good was the "The Dark Knight" trilogy. Marvel movies, on the other hand, rarely fail. The only bad Marvel movies I have seen are Daredevil and Ghost Rider 2. Now, don't get me wrong. I`m as excited for Superman vs Batman as the next guy, but the movie might flop. I`m fairly positive that The Avengers 2 is going to outshine in both income and ratings.

#116 Edited by thevarioty436 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Batman coming together is gonna be historic, that's the biggest stakes you can raise for a DC sequel IMO, now that we know wonder womans gonna be in it as well, i'm not gonna lie, the casting is funny to say the least from my eyes, ben afflick i'm totally on board with, he's a solid actor, 2inches taller than henry, has the type of bodies that can be transformed, in other words he's gonna be looking physically the part. And I've always found all the costume designs of Zack Snyder amazing, i'm not worried at all how they are gonna look, the actors just need to be solid.

I have no idea what to expect from gal gadot, she's even more of a wild card than any casting decision they have made, her body type i don't really mind as i said i have faith in how they will look. But the acting chops, does she have it? she hasn't given me a role to hate, or a a scene to love, just passable in my eyes,but i know how the industry is like, they aren't dumb asses in high chairs just thinking "yeah she's a model, just give her some dumb lines and let's not think about the future of this dc cinematic universe" they know the script, they've scene what their wonder woman looks like drawn out, described in detail, personality, costume, origin, it's way harder for us to picture it, but they can see what we can't so it's easier for them.

People think "oh WB don't know where they're heading, disney has it all planned out, WB is just randomly going forward" thing is, it's harder for DC to move forward when the TDK trilogy was in the way. Nolans trilogy as successful as it is, was blocking any path to create a shared DCCU, there was no way around it, making 2 incarnations of batman would have been ridiculous decision. they had to wait, now they are late to the party, that's fine because the way dc works is very different to marvel, dc plans to catch up in 2 master strokes, (MoS stroke 1, MoS 2, stroke 2) dc has been giving what the fans want as much as marvel has while staying in control, we wanted a shared universe, they gave us one, we wanted them to take their time, they are, if you can't see it, they're trying really hard not to scare people with big movies coming so soon after MoS. T

he script that was made for MoS 2 IS the same script made to be a justice league movie, they just tweaked it so that it focuses more on supermans character, and took out every justice leager that isn't part of them main plot, replacing them with other characters that can pull of their lines, that's why MoS2 sound so crowded but really they are subtracting superheroes not adding them like many people seem to believe, think about it, WB was so sure they where gonna have justice league out by 2015, but they changed it to MOS2 so suddenly, they hardly changed the script, it was the title that really changed., that's why their are so many rumors of green lantern, doomsday, flash, it's because they where palnning to have them in there and still are, just seeing if its any importance to have them in there now.

#117 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9350 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers wasnt that great IMO. It was between good and average. Ive stated multiple times how average the fight scenes were and the Loki was a terrible villain. Meawhile I love MoS and it's one of my top 10 favorite movies and top 3 CBM's. I cant wait to see what Zack Snyder does with a JL movie.

#118 Posted by Tyrus (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Batman coming together is gonna be historic, that's the biggest stakes you can raise for a DC sequel IMO, now that we know wonder womans gonna be in it as well, i'm not gonna lie, the casting is funny to say the least from my eyes, ben afflick i'm totally on board with, he's a solid actor, 2inches taller than henry, has the type of bodies that can be transformed, in other words he's gonna be looking physically the part. And I've always found all the costume designs of Zack Snyder amazing, i'm not worried at all how they are gonna look, the actors just need to be solid.

I have no idea what to expect from gal gadot, she's even more of a wild card than any casting decision they have made, her body type i don't really mind as i said i have faith in how they will look. But the acting chops, does she have it? she hasn't given me a role to hate, or a a scene to love, just passable in my eyes,but i know how the industry is like, they aren't dumb asses in high chairs just thinking "yeah she's a model, just give her some dumb lines and let's not think about the future of this dc cinematic universe" they know the script, they've scene what their wonder woman looks like drawn out, described in detail, personality, costume, origin, it's way harder for us to picture it, but they can see what we can't so it's easier for them.

People think "oh WB don't know where they're heading, disney has it all planned out, WB is just randomly going forward" thing is, it's harder for DC to move forward when the TDK trilogy was in the way. Nolans trilogy as successful as it is, was blocking any path to create a shared DCCU, there was no way around it, making 2 incarnations of batman would have been ridiculous decision. they had to wait, now they are late to the party, that's fine because the way dc works is very different to marvel, dc plans to catch up in 2 master strokes, (MoS stroke 1, MoS 2, stroke 2) dc has been giving what the fans want as much as marvel has while staying in control, we wanted a shared universe, they gave us one, we wanted them to take their time, they are, if you can't see it, they're trying really hard not to scare people with big movies coming so soon after MoS. T

he script that was made for MoS 2 IS the same script made to be a justice league movie, they just tweaked it so that it focuses more on supermans character, and took out every justice leager that isn't part of them main plot, replacing them with other characters that can pull of their lines, that's why MoS2 sound so crowded but really they are subtracting superheroes not adding them like many people seem to believe, think about it, WB was so sure they where gonna have justice league out by 2015, but they changed it to MOS2 so suddenly, they hardly changed the script, it was the title that really changed., that's why their are so many rumors of green lantern, doomsday, flash, it's because they where palnning to have them in there and still are, just seeing if its any importance to have them in there now.

It's hard to say that DC/WB are simply "doing their own thing" with their universe since they're not the only ones trying to get their's off the ground (Fox, Sony...). Speaking truthfully, DC/WB are trying to catch up to Marvel no matter how many times people deny it. I am pumped for MoS 2 though.

Avengers wasnt that great IMO. It was between good and average. Ive stated multiple times how average the fight scenes were and the Loki was a terrible villain. Meawhile I love MoS and it's one of my top 10 favorite movies and top 3 CBM's. I cant wait to see what Zack Snyder does with a JL movie.

I know it's your opinion, but I chuckled a little.

#119 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea why I'm not more excited for Superman/Batman. Two of my favorite characters on screen for the first time, I enjoyed Man of Steel, I don't mind Batfleck... and yet, I just can't really muster any legitimate excitement for it. I don't know, maybe as the deadline grows closer and we start getting trailers, it'll sink in... but for right now, my vote goes to Avengers 2.

#120 Edited by Farkam (4821 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither, with a AAoU lean.

#121 Edited by superkryptonian (60 posts) - - Show Bio
#122 Edited by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmmm.....

The two most famous, iconic, super heroes together in live action at the height of comic book movie popularity, or, another snarkfest featuring the poor mans Justice League....

I am picking the new Star Wars movie

#123 Edited by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Far more excited for Superman/ Batman

#124 Posted by LyraFay (2485 posts) - - Show Bio

@juliedc said:

I am more excited for the Batman\Superman movie only because it hasn't been done. Sure, some wills state that DC is playing it safe due to it being a Batman and Superman movie but I disagree. A movie that has both Batman and Superman in the same movie is a massive undertaking and will be very challenging to pull off successfully. I already expect Avengers: Age of Ultron to be top notch based on the first film and the involvement of Joss Whedon so, I'm not really as excited for it. I look forward to it, but we already knew there was going to be a sequel, so its not really much news for me.

Me too. People should actually realise that Batman/Superman is a risk (not safe as they point out). You're putting two characters that represent comics and superhero in the same movie, its gonna be hard but huge. And counting Wonder Woman its gonna be even bigger.

#125 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7914 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman/Superman <3

I loved Avengers beyond words.

But at the same time I can't see a sequel

I just can't.

#126 Posted by westy206 (576 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem here is we are all comic fans and expect certain things. The general public who are not comic readers in my opinion have their eyes on Avengers (and wont care about Pym and Ultron). Maybe a lot of the older audience 30+ might get more excited about MoS/BM because of the old shows. The trust is in Avengers more than Superman.

#127 Posted by Black_Claw (2919 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes and Bats all day! That doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to Avengers 2 though.

#128 Edited by LyraFay (2485 posts) - - Show Bio

On a side note, either Wheldon or Snyder have been given a sequel before.

#129 Posted by patrat18 (9020 posts) - - Show Bio

SB.

#130 Posted by lifeofvibe (3430 posts) - - Show Bio

Well of now batman vs superman with wonder woman and chances of the following characters appearing

Green lantern (john stewart)

Nightwing

Doomsday

Lex luthor

Yeah this is going to be a very very anticipated movie

#131 Edited by Jeepeh (3680 posts) - - Show Bio

Booyah I evened out the list! XD But Superman/Batman, I mean come on.

#132 Posted by Tyrus (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has built a universe that now other studios are following.

I've always seen Age of Ultron, as well as future sequels in the MCU as more exciting concepts. We get to see characters like Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch added to the team's roster - the fact that there's a roster to begin with is so exciting. Superman and Batman meeting on film - well, they're meeting, but we've dealt with these characters on-screen for the last 30 years. On a side-note, the fact that it only took Marvel 4 years to get characters like Captain America and Iron Man to meet is astounding.

#133 Posted by Back_stabbath95 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

It's expected man of steel 2 will be intense but that's solely based on the fact they are doing cross over and wonder woman was said to have an appearance. I'd prefer they did something people wouldn't really expect and maybe throw in aquaman or somebody less popular but batman is more of a money maker. Ill see both but my vote goes to Ultron.

Avengers 1 was cool. And they didn't even introduce a new enemy unless you count the chitauri. They used Loki which was brilliant but now they are using Ultron who is absolutely fantastic. Though without pym...idk. They are probably gonna have stark make him as an ai suit to do things for him

#134 Edited by thevarioty436 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyrus:

@thevarioty436 said:

"Superman/Batman coming together is gonna be historic, that's the biggest stakes you can raise for a DC sequel IMO, now that we know wonder womans gonna be in it as well, i'm not gonna lie, the casting is funny to say the least from my eyes, ben afflick i'm totally on board with, he's a solid actor, 2inches taller than henry, has the type of bodies that can be transformed, in other words he's gonna be looking physically the part. And I've always found all the costume designs of Zack Snyder amazing, i'm not worried at all how they are gonna look, the actors just need to be solid.

People think "oh WB don't know where they're heading, disney has it all planned out, WB is just randomly going forward" thing is, it's harder for DC to move forward when the TDK trilogy was in the way. Nolans trilogy as successful as it is, was blocking any path to create a shared DCCU, there was no way around it, making 2 incarnations of batman would have been ridiculous decision. they had to wait, now they are late to the party, that's fine because the way dc works is very different to marvel, dc plans to catch up in 2 master strokes, (MoS stroke 1, MoS 2, stroke 2) dc has been giving what the fans want as much as marvel has while staying in control, we wanted a shared universe, they gave us one, we wanted them to take their time, they are, if you can't see it, they're trying really hard not to scare people with big movies coming so soon after MoS.

"It's hard to say that DC/WB are simply "doing their own thing" with their universe since they're not the only ones trying to get their's off the ground (Fox, Sony...). Speaking truthfully, DC/WB are trying to catch up to Marvel no matter how many times people deny it. I am pumped for MoS 2 though"

i hope your not referring to me as those kind of people, at least i don't think you are, because i did say "dc plan to catch up" i don't think they are doing their own thing either in that sense, i just think they're moving forward their own way, not planning to set up single origin movies for their most important characters. i'm pretty pumped for both movies as well.

@back_stabbath95:

"It's expected man of steel 2 will be intense but that's solely based on the fact they are doing cross over and wonder woman was said to have an appearance. I'd prefer they did something people wouldn't really expect and maybe throw in aquaman or somebody less popular but batman is more of a money maker. Ill see both but my vote goes to Ultron.

Avengers 1 was cool. And they didn't even introduce a new enemy unless you count the chitauri. They used Loki which was brilliant but now they are using Ultron who is absolutely fantastic. Though without pym...idk. They are probably gonna have stark make him as an ai suit to do things for him"

i personally wasn't expecting them to do a batman vs superman film or expect them to make any of the casting decision they've made so far, and i don't think you can just shoehorn aquaman or any other character in there, it has to make sense, they should have more respect for the character then to do that. batman on the other hand, they've been respecting that dude for decades on end now, and his origin most people are familiar with, so no introduction really needed, this way they can focus more character development side on supermans character, and focus the badassery on batmans character since people are familiar what kind of character he is and what kind of personality he has.

It makes more sense they start their first crossover with superman and batman, since that's the crossover all dc fans would like to see but wouldn't expect, so in a way they are trying to get these characters re-introuced now so they can finally introduce their other characters they have in the justice league movie, and from what i hear, wonder womans not gonna just be a cameo role, she's talking about doing things like training with swords, martial arts, sounds like more than just a cameo, i might be wrong but yeah

avengers was awesome, i have no reason to believe he won't make a great sequel, the news about not having hank pym there shook me up a little as well, but then i thought, he might not be in it, but that doesn't mean his name can't be mentioned, or even if they don't do that, iron man making a rogue ai makes sense

#135 Posted by RetconCrisis (3387 posts) - - Show Bio

DC's never had a crossover, so I pick MoS 2, aka Batman/Superman/Wonderwoman aka Trinity.

#136 Posted by Back_stabbath95 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevarioty436: Very good points and makes sense. I'm not hating on the movie I'm actually reall psyched for it but batman was predictable however great choice. I am more excites for avengers but at the moment I'm more of a dc fan(I flip flop a lot) but I look forward to both I'm just not sure if they are rushing things but marvel in a way kind of rushed the avengers and it was great so who knows , I'm sure I'm gonna love both

#137 Edited by thevarioty436 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@back_stabbath95: Thanks, i'm not having a go at you or anything either, just discussing theories since that's all we can do right now, i'm more of a marvel and dc fan, when i first got into comics way back when i was a kid, never knew dc and marvel where separate brands, so when i did find out, i couldn't get into that rivals thing, love versing characters and stuff but not the brands. Only reason i'm more excited for MoS 2, (just slightly) is the same reason @retconcrisis mention above, never had a huge dc cross over yet on the big screen, so i'm pumped as i was when i heard the first avengers was being made.

#138 Posted by Aros001 (370 posts) - - Show Bio

They were going to make Avengers 2 no matter what, but DC needs to catch up and give us movies that we have not seen several thousand versions of already. Superman/Batman could at least give them a kick-start so that we can see good movies of other heroes. Also, GREEN LANTERN WAS NOT THAT BAD!

#139 Posted by lifeofvibe (3430 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001: im not critical about movie so i in general like every superhero movie other then catwoman as for green lantern i still dont know whats wrong with it

#140 Posted by Mxyzptlk_CV (1125 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for Superman/Batman....

Age of Ultron is gonna be boring like the first one.....

#141 Edited by thevarioty436 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001: not critisizeing you in anyway, you may have just been frustrated by how many movies they made of them, but technically speaking, superman has only been done twice, one was the superman reeves/routh franchise and the other being man of steel, and i've never seen this side of superman before in man of steel, i'm so glad they redid him, and technically batman has only been done twice, one was burton/schumachers franchise, the other being nolans franchise, and i am soo glad they did nolans, revived batman back to live action in my opinion.

DC is making the most logical choices actually, they had to reboot batman and what better way to do it then introducing a batman vs superman sounds more fluid than doing a wonder woman/flash movie straight after man of steel, introducing the big three is much better, then they can let loose and play it easy, the next two movies DC dishes out are gonna be the deciding factor in which they either back being one of the top dogs, or being at the back of the pack.

#142 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11154 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers for me. I know I can expect a great movie by Marvel but DC…as much as I love DC…I am skeptical.

#143 Posted by Thorverine (296 posts) - - Show Bio

You have to take a step back here. Is this really a question, are we more excited about an MOS sequel than the Avengers sequel?. MOS barely deserves a sequel, hence Batman being jammed in it to prop up the MOS franchise. Not excited in the least. NOW had this been a Batman Nolan sequel, THEN it is a mega powers comparison. MOS was not remotely as good as any of the Nolan Batman movies or the Avengers.

#144 Posted by Experio (14340 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers. Dc would need justice league to compete

#145 Posted by The Stegman (23235 posts) - - Show Bio

Not gonna lie...the longer I wait for MOS 2, the less and less excited I become.

1. Having the script being re written

2. Having all these characters rumored to be included (Wonder Woman is fine, but more than that is pushing it)

3. And now, having it delayed by a year...

It's like this movie is cursed

#146 Posted by Jayc1324 (10003 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for batman superman but have since changed my mind. That movie is going to be crap sadly