• 146 results
Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Superman/Batman Vs Avengers: Age of Ultron (223 votes)

Avengers: Age of Ultron 53%
Superman/Batman 47%

What are you most excited for?

#51 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Not even Superhero movies can outshine them. At least Wolverine doesn't have anything to compete with.

#52 Posted by Wolverine08 (43554 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_:

Yea, I'm really happy The Wolverine doesn't have to compete with anything. Big time CBMs like MOS and Pacific Rim got dragged down by kids movies, a small/mid-level CBM like The Wolverine would be utterly annihilated if it had to go up against any kids flicks.

#53 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

I do want to see a Worlds Finest movie, just not this soon. I would prefer to have at least another solo Superman movie before this. It makes me feel that they just wanted Batman in there just for a quick cash grab. I do want to see both, but I'm leaning towards Avengers.

#54 Posted by flameboy298 (1908 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Batman I have no clue who Ultron is nor,Do I really have a adequate knowledge of Marvel.If Christian bale would be returning that'd be +10 but he's had his run :(

#55 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4 said:

@novi_homines: Yeah, Iron Man 3 got an extra piggy back boost from the Avengers which I believe doesn't even deserve based on what I saw happen in the film. At best, Iron Man 3 would have made 600 million if there was no Avengers.

Lol no that's asinine. Movies don't make it to a billion without people seeing it two or three times. But the initial bump, for those who saw it the first time is the most crucial area. If they liked it, they saw it multiple times. If not, they didn't. I think people saw it multiple times, and I think the general audience liked it. But the first batch of viewers helped it the most. Without Avengers I think it tops off around 800 to 900 million.

Remember, Iron Man 1, the first Iron Man movie ever made. And a character the general audience had absolutely no idea about, started out at 500 million. About about 200 million more than Batman Begins. Which is a character everyone knew about. So clearly Iron Man developed a fanbase from the start.

#56 Edited by Jack Donaghy (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Batman.

#57 Posted by Gambit474 (1481 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers even with Joss's crap. DC has a bad track record of putting out bad live action films and although MOS was good..imo Batman/Superman will make or break DC's reputation since it'll show that either A.)They can make a crossover film with two of their biggest names and be successful or B.)They're going to wind up dropping the ball and having a mess. Not only that but their credibility for making a Justice League film later on could pretty much be kissed goodbye

#58 Edited by MonsterStomp (19201 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Batman.

Avengers was way too cliché for me. Although the Age of Ultron has my attention, Superman/Batman is DC's first crossover ever! This has my curiosity more than Man of Steel did. Plus DC has a better track record of putting up high quality films recently.

#59 Edited by HumanRocket (8601 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote for Flash 2016. I've had enough of batman and superman and the avengers idk ill let u know once I know more about the whole age of ultron.

#60 Posted by MonsterStomp (19201 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote for Flash 2016. I've had enough of batman and superman and the avengers idk ill let u know once I know more about the whole age of ultron.

Well if that was an option I would have picked it too!

You're making the rest of us look bad! :D

#61 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4835 posts) - - Show Bio

The superhero Twilight Saga is more popular than the sequel of the first ever Movieverse. ( + )

#62 Posted by HumanRocket (8601 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: lol so sorry friend I'm just going off my first reactions when I heard the news on all the comic movies yesterday.

#63 Posted by Jayc1324 (12751 posts) - - Show Bio

Both superman and batman are bigger than any of the avengers so I'm more excited for them. Plus avengers had too much comedy for me, batman superman will be all action and a more serious movie. Plus batman and superman are more heroic and better heroes

#64 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

both equally depress me:(

#65 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Equally excited for both! Seeing the World's Finest together on the screen for the first time? And an awesome Avengers sequel with Ultron?

#66 Posted by RustyRoy (13169 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Superman.

#67 Posted by _Maven_ (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Age of Ultron.

The Superman/Batman announcement got me overly excited the day it was announced but then I realised that it was a movie about the only two characters DC and Warner Bros aren't chicken sh*t to have on the big-screen. Honestly I'm sick of all the BS about a DC Cinematic Universe and how they're working towards a Justice League film - talking about a Justice League film and making endless reboots of Superman and Batman film is all they do.

Also as much as I like competition, the fact that the Superman/Batman film is being made AFTER Avengers' success makes me less excited about it. Money, Money and more Money (*cough* *cough* FOX *cough* *cough*).

#68 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6067 posts) - - Show Bio

@_maven_ said:

Age of Ultron.

The Superman/Batman announcement got me overly excited the day it was announced but then I realised that it was a movie about the only two characters DC and Warner Bros aren't chicken sh*t to have on the big-screen. Honestly I'm sick of all the BS about a DC Cinematic Universe and how they're working towards a Justice League film - talking about a Justice League film and making endless reboots of Superman and Batman film is all they do.

Also as much as I like competition, the fact that the Superman/Batman film is being made AFTER Avengers' success makes me less excited about it. Money, Money and more Money (*cough* *cough* FOX *cough* *cough*).

Thats a terrible cough you have there...

#69 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron by a mile

#70 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1509 posts) - - Show Bio

To be completely honest, I am much more excited for Superman/Batman film than for the Avengers sequel.

Let me explain why, when I first got into superheroes it was due to the Superman and Batman animated series followed by a Justice League series. I believe many of us on this site and other comic sites also grew up with this and so they have a special place in our hearts. When we finally get to 2015, we can finally see these two characters on the big screen. I am not talking about just us comic book fans, everyone or at least a large majority of the General Population is going to go see it. Kids, Teens, people in their twenties, thirties etc. are going to watch it. Why because they love one of those characters. MOS was not a perfect movie, but I really doubt that it won't make at least a billion.

For Avengers: Age of Ultron, you have another epic scaled crossover that adds one incredible villain and two more characters plus other subplots. It is a sequel, to the highest grossing superhero movie of all time and it has Joss Whedon as a director and writer. However I am not as excited for this movie as much as the afore mentioned Superman/Batman film due to the lack of any Hank Pym, the addition of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch and the fact that we can guess the main idea of the film. For example; one major theory circulating is Jarvis becomes corrupted and boom Ultron which makes Iron Man come back and then unite to take Ultron Down, aside from the role of Scarlet Witch and her bro, we know most likely the biggest plot point. For S/B all we know is Batman is portrayed by Ben Affleck and that Lex Luthor will more than likely be the main antagonist. We know nothing about this new batman, if anyone from his rogue gallery will appear, and how much time has elapsed since MOS.

My point is that I am much more excited for S/B due to the mystery that surrounds the movie so far, and as a fan I know I will watch both movies.

#71 Posted by Lardplanet (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Age Of Ultron. I think Batman vs Superman may slip up (Critically at least) considering Synder's average/poor reputation as a director, and Goyer's average/poor writing, but we will see come 2015.

#72 Edited by ComicStooge (13360 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Batman.

Avengers was good but MASSIVELY overrated.

EDIT: I do have faith that this'll be better than the titular source material, however!

This.

#73 Posted by Strider92 (16721 posts) - - Show Bio

Age Of Ultron.

#74 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1827 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Batman movie. I don't know what to expect from this movie and they're my favorite superheroes of all time. I think I can say that I do know what to expect from Age of Ultron in a sense.

#75 Edited by heroesgold (608 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers for me

#76 Edited by WarBlade539 (4632 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither. Guardians of the Galaxy.

#77 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6358 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Batman, easily. I never thought Avengers was too great, definitely not worthy of 2 billion dollars or the countless praise it got. Honestly, it was one of Joss Whedon's worst works out of what I've seen of him. Which isn't saying too much, because Joss Whedon is pretty awesome, but still. Man of Steel, on the other hand, was (at least for the first half) incredibly interesting, dark, and well-written, to nearly Dark Knight levels. Zod was a badass villain with a great motivation, and his entire speech about him being genetically engineered to protect Krypton (the one with "Every action I take, no matter how violent or how cruel, is for the greater good...of my people. And now, I have no people. My soul, that is what you have taken from me!") sent chills down my spine. But alas, people were to busy b*tching about how Superman killed. *sigh*

Also Batman. Everything is better with Batman.

#78 Edited by Tyrus (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Batman, easily. I never thought Avengers was too great, definitely not worthy of 2 billion dollars or the countless praise it got. Honestly, it was one of Joss Whedon's worst works out of what I've seen of him. Which isn't saying too much, because Joss Whedon is pretty awesome, but still. Man of Steel, on the other hand, was (at least for the first half) incredibly interesting, dark, and well-written, to nearly Dark Knight levels. Zod was a badass villain with a great motivation, and his entire speech about him being genetically engineered to protect Krypton (the one with "Every action I take, no matter how violent or how cruel, is for the greater good...of my people. And now, I have no people. My soul, that is what you have taken from me!") sent chills down my spine. But alas, people were to busy b*tching about how Superman killed. *sigh*

Also Batman. Everything is better with Batman.

... Man of Steel was Snyder's second worst next to Sucker Punch.

That's saying something.

#79 Edited by Xwraith (19279 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Wars Episode VII.

#80 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6358 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyrus: Why did you think it was bad? Not arguing with your opinion, just wondering.

#81 Posted by Wolverine08 (43554 posts) - - Show Bio

Right now still leaning towards Avengers: Age of Ultron, but my interest to see how Batman/Superman plays out has grown.

#82 Posted by Deranged Midget (17712 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more excited to see what Superman/Batman can pull off since I'm already familiar with the formula Avengers is following (which isn't a bad thing).

#83 Posted by MaccyD (4496 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: Reminds me of Khan from Into Darkness, which is played by Benedict Cumberbatch, which means he's obviously better though I haven't seen MoS yet :P

Anyway, people are getting excited early aren't they? Thor 2 isn't even out yet, nevermind Cap 2 or Guardians of the Galaxy.

#84 Posted by TommyJones1945 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither.

#85 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6358 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd: I have Into Darkness on my iTunes account because a friend of mine gave me the digital copy code, but haven't seen it yet because I never got the last 30 minutes or so of 2009 Trek. Is it good?

#86 Posted by MaccyD (4496 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: I've only seen bits and pieces I'm afraid. :( Though my friends has it and says it's good. I found the 2009 one to be a pleasant surprise and found it to be a brilliant film.

#87 Edited by Spideysense44 (3519 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers Age of Ultron..Ultron is gonna bring robots back

#88 Edited by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm...an Avengers sequel or the debut of the two most iconic heroes ever on the big screen. I'm certainly more excited for the latter even if i didn't think it was going to be a better movie.

#89 Posted by Havenless (1375 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a unique situation where each of these are sequels with the main production teams returning.

Superman/Batman is obviously historic, but we don't really know what we're getting. If it's more 'Man of Steel', it'll be a fun time at the theatre.

But Avengers was friggin epic, this is a sequel anticipated on the level of TKDR, Return of the Jedi, and Matrix Reloaded.

#90 Edited by Havenless (1375 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

Superman/Batman. It's the first ever big screen crossover for DC, so it automatically has my curiosity, I love the two characters, and I really enjoyed Man of Steel.

I'm somewhat excited for Avengers: Age of Ultron, but ever since Whedon stated that Hank Pym isn't involved, I can't bring myself to get too excited.

Same here. Hell, I even heard Iron Man may be responsible for Ultron's existence instead of Pym.

Lois knowing Clark's identity from day 1 is fine, but Stark making Ultron is unacceptable?

Also keep in mind this is just as much Whedon vs. Snyder. These are both sequels, which one are you excited to see 'more of the same' from?

#91 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless said:.

But Avengers was friggin epic, this is a sequel anticipated on the level of TKDR, Return of the Jedi, and Matrix Reloaded.

You're absolutely right, but I remember being somewhat disappointed with all three of those movies upon first viewing them. I hope this doesn't make a fourth time.

#92 Edited by Havenless (1375 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake said:

@havenless said:.

You're absolutely right, but I remember being somewhat disappointed with all three of those movies upon first viewing them. I hope this doesn't make a fourth time.

Yeah, I knew that'd bite me when I thought up those three. I was simply stating how people felt before they came out, not how they ended up. (And if Hulk was in Reloaded, I'd like that movie 100x better)

#93 Edited by Farkam (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers of course. MOS was ultra-meh.

#94 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Superman/Batman because of the lack of Hank Pym in an Ultron story

#95 Posted by gor724 (836 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Superman in the same movie, how can I not be exited for this? 2 of the greatest comic book characters of all time facing off? Hell yeah. If it's a success than it's DC's time to shine. We already saw an Avenger movie so whats their to be exited about?

#96 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

for starters does it really matter? i mean all comic fans win in the end.

now since i got that out of the way first lets talk pros and cons of each movie.

man of steel imo was great and no im not a purist of the charachter but i loved every moment of the film. the problem with batman vs superman isnt ben affleck at all really but including the batman charachter so soon instead of the third film in the series. i loved man of steel but it recieved mixed reactions from hardcore fans and still came off of that god awful superman returns movie wich still had people wary of mos and this batman wont be the nolan version but a new version. that right there is what is the con and if not done right it can honestly destroy wb and dc comics forever in regards to comic films. and thats alot of weight one person has to carry forever.

as far as avengers go's again not a purist hell never even heard of joss but that movie was pure fun wich is rare to see now a days and plus 1.5 billion at the box office is huge for any film and marvel has had so much success not just with avengers but its entire cinimatic universe so the trust is there by fans and non comic fans so on that thats the pro side for avengers.

#97 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't like MOS that much, but Batman/Superman could be good.

However, I must put my money on Avengers, just seems like they have a better crew for it.

#98 Posted by DeadPoker (354 posts) - - Show Bio

Age of Ultron is more promising.

#99 Posted by The_Tree (7718 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler said:

@the_tree said:

Superman/Batman. It's the first ever big screen crossover for DC, so it automatically has my curiosity, I love the two characters, and I really enjoyed Man of Steel.

I'm somewhat excited for Avengers: Age of Ultron, but ever since Whedon stated that Hank Pym isn't involved, I can't bring myself to get too excited.

Same here. Hell, I even heard Iron Man may be responsible for Ultron's existence instead of Pym.

Lois knowing Clark's identity from day 1 is fine, but Stark making Ultron is unacceptable?

Also keep in mind this is just as much Whedon vs. Snyder. These are both sequels, which one are you excited to see 'more of the same' from?

I don't mind Lois learning Clark's identity. Lois eventually learned of Clark's identity in the comics, and it helped to establish her skills as a reporter.

Having Iron Man make Ultron, though, is a huge slap in the face to fans of Hank Pym, me being one of those fans. It takes away an integral part of the character's history for no reason other than to prop up Stark.

#100 Posted by ccraft (5384 posts) - - Show Bio

More excited for Captain America Winter Soldier over Avengers2 tbh, S/B will probably become my favorite cbm.