• 146 results
Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32651 posts) 1 year, 2 days ago

Poll: Superman/Batman Vs Avengers: Age of Ultron (223 votes)

Avengers: Age of Ultron 53%
Superman/Batman 47%

What are you most excited for?

#1 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

As of today, the Avengers, because I expect Superman/Batman to be a huge slap in the face. Wont know for sure until the advertising starts.

#2 Posted by cameron83 (6634 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers Age of Ultron. I don't really know what to expect from Superman/Batman and they might flank it and rely on the popularity of the two heroes...who knows...you know what? Both.

#3 Posted by The_Tree (7205 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Batman. It's the first ever big screen crossover for DC, so it automatically has my curiosity, I love the two characters, and I really enjoyed Man of Steel.

I'm somewhat excited for Avengers: Age of Ultron, but ever since Whedon stated that Hank Pym isn't involved, I can't bring myself to get too excited.

#4 Posted by heymanjack (716 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

Superman/Batman. It's the first ever big screen crossover for DC, so it automatically has my curiosity, I love the two characters, and I really enjoyed Man of Steel.

I'm somewhat excited for Avengers: Age of Ultron, but ever since Whedon stated that Hank Pym isn't involved, I can't bring myself to get too excited.

Wha? Source please.

Back on topic:

Superman/Batman but I'm excited for both.

#5 Posted by biggkeem89 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

Age of Ultron. MoS was a huge dissappointment, and though TDK trilogy was excellent, DC has a long record of crappy Superman and Batman films, and them trying to share screen time may not be the best idea, especially if its centered on Superman more than Batman(which I assume it is since DC's new films are going to be based around MoS)

#6 Edited by The_Tree (7205 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

Wha? Source please.

Back on topic:

Link

#7 Posted by MaccyD (3546 posts) - - Show Bio

Age of Ultron: DC playing safe again, using the same two characters they have been for the past decade or two. Though I find its lack of Ant-man...disturbing.

#8 Posted by Wolverine08 (38545 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers. DC is doing the same old, same old by making another Batman and Superman movie.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32651 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

@heymanjack said:

@the_tree said:

Wha? Source please.

Back on topic:

Link

Well that's me less interested in that film

#10 Edited by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Batman.

Avengers was good but MASSIVELY overrated.

EDIT: I do have faith that this'll be better than the titular source material, however!

#11 Posted by lilben42 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Batman just because this is their first crossover ever. Plus I already knew Ultron was the enemy.

#12 Posted by dondave (34336 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

QFT

#13 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

@heymanjack said:

@the_tree said:

Wha? Source please.

Back on topic:

Link

Oh gosh so Marvel is making stupid decisions now too?... Ugh

#14 Edited by JulieDC (870 posts) - - Show Bio

I am more excited for the Batman\Superman movie only because it hasn't been done. Sure, some wills state that DC is playing it safe due to it being a Batman and Superman movie but I disagree. A movie that has both Batman and Superman in the same movie is a massive undertaking and will be very challenging to pull off successfully. I already expect Avengers: Age of Ultron to be top notch based on the first film and the involvement of Joss Whedon so, I'm not really as excited for it. I look forward to it, but we already knew there was going to be a sequel, so its not really much news for me.

#15 Edited by lilben42 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

If this were truly a "World's Finest" film, i'd EASILY be more excited for that.

But since finding out its an abomination combination of a "MoS sequel" and a "World's Finest" film in one, my happiness drastically decreased. Having it be part of the MoS trilogy means they can't devote their attention to making a TRUE MoS sequel becuase they'll be so busy with introducing the new batman.

Since they're also attempting to make this a MoS sequel, it also means they won't be devoting their full attention to making a proper World's Finest film. As a result we get watered down products of both a MoS sequel, and a World's Finest film.

So Avengers: Age of Ultron for me.

#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32651 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: You realise it's not hard to introduce one new character in to a film, I mean it happens in almost every one

#18 Posted by The Stegman (23031 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Batman.

Avengers 2 will be good. But The Man of Steel and The Dark Knight meeting on screen for the first time will be LEGENDARY!

#19 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@novi_homines: You realise it's not hard to introduce one new character in to a film, I mean it happens in almost every one

I would agree, if that one character was not Batman of all people. For anyone to think introducing a brand new batman, into a brand new live action universe, would result in anything less than a co-star in MoS 2 is ridiculous. So they basically attempt to make this the new batman's introduction into this live action universe. One he'd play a huge role in. He will have a significant role. I would love this idea if this was only a World's Finest film, which would make it easier to do a proper introduction of batman, and develop a relationship with superman. But also attempting to have this seamlessly tie into the MoS trilogy is what has me worried. Batman is too big of a character for that.

Either Batman fans won't be happy with the significance of the new batman in this MoS sequel if he doesn't get enough attention. Or superman fans would be mad that a superman film ends up being more about batman if he gets too much attention.

The odds are stacked against this concept.

#20 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

I would agree, if that one character was not Batman of all people. For anyone to think introducing a brand new batman, into a brand new live action universe, would result in anything less than a co-star in MoS 2 is ridiculous. So they basically attempt to make this the new batman's introduction into this live action universe. One he'd play a huge role in. He will have a significant role. I would love this idea if this was only a World's Finest film, which would make it easier to do a proper introduction of batman, and develop a relationship with superman. But also attempting to have this seamlessly tie into the MoS trilogy is what has me worried. Batman is too big of a character for that.

Either Batman fans won't be happy with the significance pf the new batman in this MoS sequel if he doesn't get enough attention. Or superman fans would be mad that a superman film ends up being more about batman.

The odds are stacked against this concept.

/cosigned

#21 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: I agree. If this truly is MOS 2 then Superman, by all means, should get the most screentime. But that ain't the problem. Hopefully they will announce is World's Finest. AND announce MOS 2 later on.

#22 Edited by Black_Arrow (2475 posts) - - Show Bio

When i knew that Pym wouldnt appear in Avengers 2, I instantly voted Superman/Batman

#23 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@novi_homines: I agree. If this truly is MOS 2 then Superman, by all means, should get the most screentime. But that ain't the problem. Hopefully they will announce is World's Finest. AND announce MOS 2 later on.

This.

I don't know why they won't go this route and make the two seperate. It would also make them more money in my opinion. If it succeeds, which it almost certainly will, anyone who was honestly planning on skipping MoS 2 from being somewhat disappointed with MoS, will DEFINITELY see MoS2 after seeing the amazing "World's Finest" film.

Just look at Iron Man 3, after Avengers. He passed a billion. I don't know if he would've made a billion if his follow up film was only after Iron Man 2.

#24 Posted by MaccyD (3546 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: I'm confused, is Superman/Batman a separate film or is Batman just appearing in MOS2?

#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32651 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

This.

I don't know why they won't go this route and make the two seperate. It would also make them more money in my opinion. If it succeeds, which it almost certainly will, anyone who was honestly planning on skipping MoS 2 from being somewhat disappointed with MoS, will DEFINITELY see MoS2 after seeing the amazing "World's Finest" film.

Just look at Iron Man 3, after Avengers. He passed a billion. I don't know if he would've made a billion if his follow up film was only after Iron Man 2.

You guys are disliking this film on something that will literally have no bearing on whether it'll be good or not

#26 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

This.

Avengers was a better Iron Man movie than Iron Man 3.... XD

You are right. I know you didn't like MOS, but you have to admit they set something up that was worth to see. After MOS 2, THEN WF. Like you said, more money. It seems WB don't trust Superman enough to give him his own trilogy, which is really sad.

#27 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

@novi_homines: I'm confused, is Superman/Batman a separate film or is Batman just appearing in MOS2?

Its a Superman/ Batman film, as well as it being a MoS sequel.

It's definitely a MoS sequel, but the logo is a combination of supermans S, and Batman's Bat symbol. So it's more than just an appearance, it's also a batman/superman film. So it's both.

#28 Edited by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

This.

And Iron Man 3 was pretty disappointing, IMO.

Hopefully we'll get MoS2 and Superman/Batman.

#29 Edited by MaccyD (3546 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: Oh, that explains the Superman fans getting angry. I thought it was just MOS2 then Superman/Batman.

@jonny_anonymous said:
@the_tree said:
@heymanjack said:
@the_tree said:

Wha? Source please.

Back on topic:

Link

Oh gosh so Marvel is making stupid decisions now too?... Ugh

You've obviously never heard of my good friend Mandarin from Iron Man 3 :P

#30 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@novi_homines said:

@sandman_ said:

This.

You are right. I know you didn't like MOS, but you have to admit they set something up that was worth to see. After MOS 2, THEN WF. Like you said, more money. It seems WB don't trust Superman enough to give him his own trilogy, which is really sad.

Well I liked IM3 and feel without a doubt that he was much more badass and awesome in IM3 than in Avengers, so I do think IM3 is a better Iron Man film. But if there was no Avengers in between IM2, and IM3, it might not have made 1 billion, but hey, who knows, it could've.

But yeah, I think after the critical reception of MoS 1, they don't trust that MOS2 will be financially successful on its own. So they bring in the biggest financial influence DC has to ensure its success.

I might not have liked MoS1 as others did, but I still would've seen MoS2 because he's freaking superman and i'm a comic book fan.

#31 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@novi_homines said:

@sandman_ said:

This.

Well I liked IM3 and feel without a doubt that he was much more badass and awesome in IM3 than in Avengers, so I do think IM3 is a better Iron Man film. But if there was no Avengers in between IM2, and IM3, it might not have made 1 billion, but hey, who knows, it could've.

But yeah, I think after the critical reception of MoS 1, they don't trust that MOS2 will be financially successful on its own. So they bring in the biggest financial influence DC has to ensure its success.

I might not have liked MoS1 as others did, but I still would've seen MoS2 because he's freaking superman and i'm a comic book fan.

That right there is the problem. MOS is they're 3rd highest Superhero movie behind the TDK and TDKR. How, in any means, is this a failure? MOS 2 only needed a good directer and a good writer. No need to shoehorn Batman into this. He had his run, its Superman's turn to show what he's got, not to share screentime with Batman. It seems WB doesn't trust Superman enough to give him his own trilogy.

#32 Posted by Perethorn (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Ultron is not my favorite villain and because i lprefer DC teams. I say Supes and Bats.

#33 Posted by russellmania77 (14543 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and batman are more popular than anybody from avengers. the only reason why everybody saw the avengers was because it was a crossover. i really dont care what idiots gotta say about "its gonna suck". the next avengers shouldnt even be about ultron in my opinion, it should be about thanos while everybody still cares

#34 Posted by Fallschirmjager (15045 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta say, as someone who mostly prefers DC to Marvel...a World's Finest movie is very enticing to me. And I kind of felted punched in the gut when they announced Ultron over Thanos (especially without Hank Pym) for Avengers 2.

I love RDJ as much as the next guy, but Avengers all ready feels more like "Ironman and his friends" because RDJ has such a big on-screen presence. Its probably safe to assume they're going to use Stark to create Ultron in some way...which will make him even more important to the universe. Too much in my opinion.

Furthermore, even though Man of Steel had some script issues that need to be improve on in the future, one thing I absolute loved was that Nolan/Snyder/Goyer were really the first guys who finally gave us some real superpowered combat. Thor for example should be just as strong (or stronger) than Supes, but is so toned down in the Marvel universe. The combat in Avengers was good because of its diversity, not necessarily because you felt these guys were so superpowered.

Obviously you can't hang your hat only on action, but I still think Man of Steel has set the standard for superpowered combat going forward. It really was awesome to watch and hasn't gotten old (I've seen MoS 4 times)

#35 Posted by Danvader64 (253 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers. Largely cause Man of Steel sucked and I have no interest in viewing another one directed by Zack Snyder.

#37 Edited by Binski (643 posts) - - Show Bio

You had me at Super

#38 Posted by SmashBrawler (5493 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

Same here. Hell, I even heard Iron Man may be responsible for Ultron's existence instead of Pym.

#39 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: Yeah, Iron Man 3 got an extra piggy back boost from the Avengers which I believe doesn't even deserve based on what I saw happen in the film. At best, Iron Man 3 would have made 600 million if there was no Avengers.

#40 Posted by RedLantern23 (883 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Batman by far. Dont get me wrong, I love what the MCU is doing. But Supes/Bats is sonething I've wanted since I was like 5 years old. Cant wait.

#41 Edited by Tyrus (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get why people always bash Iron Man for taking the lead in the movies when in the mainstream comics, animated series and (eventually) the live-action films are always "Batman and his Bitches".

The Superman/Batman film is probably going to be Batman and his Kryptonian Bitch.

#42 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyrus said:

I don't get why people always bash Iron Man for taking the lead in the movies when in the mainstream comics, animated series and probably the live-action films are always "Batman and his Bitches", hell the Superman/Batman film is going to be Batman and his Kryptonian Bitch :P

We'll see. Or maybe it will be Superman and some idiot. :P

#43 Posted by SoA (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron, not being a fanboy im just honestly more hyped to see it than MoS/Batman

#44 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Iron Man 3 got an extra piggy back boost from the Avengers which I believe doesn't even deserve based on what I saw happen in the film. At best, Iron Man 3 would have made 600 million if there was no Avengers.

Iron Man made almost 600 million, IM2 made over 600 million, why would IM3 "only" make 600 million if the predecessors made that much? Even though none of that matters since all it does is prove that Marvel's long term planning is leagues better than DC's.

@sandman_ said:

That right there is the problem. MOS is they're 3rd highest Superhero movie behind the TDK and TDKR. How, in any means, is this a failure? MOS 2 only needed a good directer and a good writer. No need to shoehorn Batman into this. He had his run, its Superman's turn to show what he's got, not to share screentime with Batman. It seems WB doesn't trust Superman enough to give him his own trilogy.

Compared to what, though? Green Lantern, Watchmen? I'd put Begins above TDKR, personally, but that shows that Batman is DC's only money maker since their 3 best movies are Batman. So you can see why they want him in another movie.

#45 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15: Yes Begins is a better movie than TDKR, but it still its 3rd highest. That just shows that people will still see Superman no matter what, hell Superman Return almost made 400 million. And if we go by your logic, all our statements about DC not having faith with Superman are all true.

#46 Edited by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: I don't disagree that DC's faith in Superman isn't looking good right now if they're bringing Bats in, but I'm also sure they expected MoS to make a lot more money than it has so far. I doubt they care which superhero makes them money, as long as they're making money.

#47 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15: I think they expected MOS to make it to a billion. The reason it didn't work was because MU was coming out the other week.Even Batman himself would have had trouble with that. Kids movies are something not to be messed with. If the had just released it in July or August maybe a different story. Skyfall was released in October and somehow made it to a billion.

#48 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: I'll take your word for it, I really don't know to be honest. If that's true, they really should have picked a better release date.

#49 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15: Indeed. Pacific Rim also suffered from this.

#50 Posted by Wolverine08 (38545 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_:

Lol, the little munchkins in Despicable Me destroyed the robots from Pacific Rim. Moral of the lesson, don't mess with kids movies or they will destroy you.