So I've been getting back up to date with the rumor mill since late last week what with the Nightwing thing now being jumped on by several other news outlets and sources.
Anyone who's not up to speed with the current rumors:
1. Nightwing will make an appearance in Superman/Batman.
2. Adam Driver is allegedly the front-runner for this role as Nightwing/Dick Grayson.
3. An appearance by the Flash within this film is being rumored.
4. Olga Kurylenko is apparently the front runner for the "female lead" in Batman/Superman as apparently either WW or her alter ego Diana Prince.
WB thus far hasn't confirmed ANY of this stuff. I find several factors interesting. Starting with the Wonder Woman rumors:
1. Jamie Alexander was originally "reported" as being up for the role but her name seems to have dropped off everyone's list, despite the fact most of these rumors started with her on the AMC Movie Talk panel and STan Lee's Comikaze. We knew there was a female they looking for, but beyond that nothing else had actually come out, but after her appearance it went into full swing because she said she had met with people from WB, and was familiar with the story line for the film.
2. I don't see how this character would be a female lead in the film, which is a Superman movie primarily (allegedly this is still the case, maybe that's changed?) which has Lois Lane. Wouldn't this character/role be a support role?
3. Why exactly would Wonder Woman be Bruce Wayne/Batman's girlfriend? First off, in the comics right now - that isn't the case (although maybe they'll go there around then?) and would be pretty contrasting to the comics in fact. I realise they do change things, but something like that between the CB community and the GP would just cause confusion, wouldn't it?
4. This also suggests she's been around for a while, however there's ZERO references in MoS that other heroes exist. We know Wayne (and presumably) Batman are around, which is one thing - that's a dude in a mask running around in Gotham. Another super-powered being however is a different issue. This would make the revelation of Superman's existence FAR less important from the first film. Or is she Wonder Woman but hasn't become public as"Wonder Woman"? This makes no sense to me either if that's the case.
The Flash one was kind of out of left field for me and I hadn't heard it before - this was something that was mentioned in an article I read about Nightwing - so I don't know any details. I hope it isn't true (except maybe as a post-credits scene).
The Nightwing rumors are different again.
1. I kind of like the idea of his existence, mainly because I think he's a great and cool character and would make for a very cool film, especially aimed towards a younger audience and with a style more like the Marvel films (with more humour thrown in for example). Kind of Mesh Dark Knight with any of Marvel's properties to get an idea of what I mean. Done well, it would be awesome.
2. If the actor choice is also accurate - I'm pretty disappointed. No offence but physically alone he doesn't say Dick Grayson/Nightwing to me. I've never seen the guy in anything so I have no idea about his acting chops
3. If they jump straight to Nightwing, within a film that ALREADY combines two super heroes - how do they provide a backstory? Are we going to get a stand-alone film about Nightwing that goes into his background, like some sort of prequel? Personally I think that's a dumb idea also. Are we going to ignore backstory all together like Batman? I think it works for Batman because of how well known the character is among both CB and GP movie-goers. I don't think Nightwing has the same level of recognition, especially among the GP, so don't see this working as well.
So - anyone know any other rumors? What are your thoughts on them? Do you agree or disagree with what I've posted here questioning these various possible developments.
Just one thing - these are RUMORS!!!!!! Until there is a trailer or press release or something - we don't actually know if any of this is true so I'm not overly worried as yet about any of it - BUT just purely on speculation - if any of this turns out to be accurate - what do you think?