Superman and Batman end the fan war so they can be friends again already!

LeoVarharris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By LeoVarharris

I am sick of all of this nonsense surrounding who would win in a fight Superman or Batman? It is a harmless question and for the Record Superman would totally destroy Batman, but the lengths to which people will go to in order to prove which hero is better, especially in a match-up of a god versus the most resourceful mortal alive. Well Batman has limits Superman doesn't end of story. Can we please go back to when these two were a kick-ass crime fighting team that beat the hell out of the bad guys and told the cops "I like what you got going here but you see, we do it better." There is no reason that these two should fight at all except a vague possibility that has been re-hashed a million times and at this point, if Superman were to suddenly go evil, he would likely kill Batman FIRST so that Batman can't even try to stop him. Can we end the goddamned fan warfare already, seriously there was a time when Batman and Superman fans were united and walked this comic road hand in hand. Well now they walk it hand in hand but those hands are tied together and the other hand is wielding a knife as the fanbases are now locked in a never-ending deathmatch! Personally I'm sick of it, I wanna find the powder keg that turned this fan-base alliance of justice into both sides planning the others assassination. Superman Fans, Batman Fans Come together and deal with the real problem, people who believe that BOTH heroes suck.

Well I let this sit for a single day to give it time to get a general idea on what people's opinions are on this matter. Holy crap I am starting to wish I had not said anything to begin with, because this has done nothing but devolve into yet ANOTHER Batman V/S Superman page. Meaning that most people who are leaving comments actually missed what I was trying to say: Which is that these two are amazing and that the fanbases for both need to stop wanting to kill one-another. A debate is fine, but from what I've observed they most often end with both parties just screaming at each other as to why the other is wrong. Now then I realize that I made several mistakes when I made this and I have probably made a few more that I have simply failed to spot

Mistake #1: I stated how stupid the whole thing was and then proceeded right off the bat to say which I think would win. This was retarded of me and I didn't think about it at the time. Doing this would be like trying to negotiate a peace treaty between Palestine and Israel while all the while publicly stating that Islam is superior to Judaism (Fitting Analogy I think) but I didn't think about that at the time.

Mistake #2: In the comments I replied to several people who were saying which side would win, not seeing where the whole thing was heading straight from the beginning. This was simply born from inexperience, I really don't blog that much and I wanted to reply to as many people as I could. I ended up inadvertently advocating the fan war even more by talking to the people who started up with the arguments rather than simply ignoring it or telling them to knock it off. I honestly should have seen where this was headed, but due to lack of experience, I did not.

Mistake #3: I sounded REALLY hypocritical in the general tone with which I laid this whole thing out. I should not have taken sides, I probably should not have even touched on the over-used: "What happens when Superman loses his shit" scenario, but that was a foolish attempt to make a point. Which was: People always hear that if Superman goes evil Batman will stop him, so logic dictate that if that ever happens, Superman kill batman before batman has time to even realize what is happening. However just stating what my point was is probably a bad move, but its there if you are curious as to what it was.

Finally I would probably lock-out the ability to comment as my mistakes in the initial entry caused WAY more harm than good, and did the exact opposite of my intent, but I don't actually know how so sorry about that to whomsoever may be reading this. Anyways if you spotted any more mistakes I made that I did not. Tell me about it either through a PM or a comment, it would be nice to read something that isn't more fan warfare.

To summarize: I fucked up, and I am sorry.

So I ask that we drop all pretense of who would win in a fight and instead focus on and remind people of exactly why Batman and Superman are and pretty much always will be friends. Bring the fanbases together and talk about why together these two can overcome pretty much anything. Hell I'd be all right with people talking about what a stupid, hypocritical asshat I've been, mostly because its true but partially because the arguments that I have been directly responsible for starting by opening this can-o-worms in the first place is getting to me. I didn't wish to start fights I wished to see a semblance of community. But maybe I'm wrong and this is just the dysfunctional family that is comic book fans coming together with differing opinions, somehow I doubt it though.

Also to any who can answer this: How do you delete Blogs because I'd rather get rid of this whole page so I can stop feeling ashamed to go onto this site.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By HellionVulcan

So u want an end of the discussion or in your words nonsense yet u outright say next superman wins lol i agree with u on superman winning ,Batman winning is just not gonna happen with any amount of prep .

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 the_stegman  Moderator

The only people who think Batman wins are people who don't read comics and just think Batman's cooler.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only people who think Batman wins are people who don't read comics and just think Batman's cooler.

Well, CV Batman could beat Superman with an hour prep.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By GunGunW

@awesam said:
@the_stegman said:

Anyone on CV could beat Superman. There was an argument Voldemort from Harry Potter would beat him.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: I don't think so if only because if Batman gets prep time then so does Superman and Superman is just as smart as batman is.

Not as intelligent, or resourceful as CV Batman. In minutes he could get his hands on tons of Kryptonite and build a suit that could beat up Supes.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

@awesam: I don't think so if only because if Batman gets prep time then so does Superman and Superman is just as smart as batman is.

Why do people think that if you give Batman prep Superman has to have it too? That's not fair if it's a random encounter does Batman get powers too? Prep is the only way Batman stands a chance.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

You're upsetting them both guys.

No Caption Provided

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller
Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller:

You're arguing that Superman getting prep isn't fair? Isn't the same as just saying Superman is better?

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

And already this is being turned into another Superman vs Batman thread.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

So if I understand this right, the OP is basically saying, "Superman wins. Accept it and get over it! Now let's be friends!"

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL! This is a totally un-biased and un-opinionated post! Its basically saying "Batman has no chance in any scenario where him and Clark are on opposite sides, lets now all be friends!"

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're sick of seeing argumentative "Batman v. Superman" threads, so you proceed to create a Batman v. Superman thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am pretty sure this whole thread is troll bait.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman with prep

Superman if normal

That's who would win in a fight/thread.

Auralaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the record, I think even if Batman had preparation and Kryptonite, there's the possibility Superman getting him super fast before he can react if he was evil enough to the point where he'd just kill him. Or heat vision from afar.

But that's all I'm saying.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's amazing how this thread is going a path that is opposite the title given it. OP is partly to blame though. Nyahahaha!

Avatar image for thief_of_thieves
Thief_of_Thieves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@end_boss: Actually he was pretty smart, instead of creating a Superman vs Batman thread he created a Batman vs Superman thread. Big difference.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@leovarharris: I'm pretty sure that saying "Superman wins" in your post is only going to incite another battle in the war of fan supremacy...

I think the best thing you can do is just except that it will never end.

Also, did superman and Batman fans ever walk hand-in-hand?

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@battle_forum_junkie: I'd say they walked elbow to elbow once in their fight against people who thought Superman was lame and Batman was lamer than Superman

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@frozenedge said:

@battle_forum_junkie: I'd say they walked elbow to elbow once in their fight against people who thought Superman was lame and Batman was lamer than Superman

Against people like that we must unite! They must be shown the error of there pagan ways!

(then continue our war) :P

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, I'm ending this crap.

All of you are sounding like stereotypical fanboys. Bat-fans and Super-fans should be friends, allies, like our heroes. We should all stop fighting over superiority and focus on the real target: Marvel Fanboys. Look into your hearts and you will see that I am right. Do it for the Robins and Jimmys and for most importantly for yourselves. Good day and dark night. ~Common Sense

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KnightRise

@leovarharris: I don't find it to be a big deal on Comicvine between experienced users. Its rookie posters and those with little knowledge of actual comments that turn the debate into a flame war.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@awesam said:
@the_stegman said:

No plan survives contact with the enemy main reason why Batman's prep should fail as theres no way he can prep for a guy who can blitz him .

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AweSam

@hellionvulcan: I exaggerated with my comment. CV Batman can beat anyone with prep.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Loading Video...

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats how I'm like when it comes to Avengers vs X-men, Avengers fans on one side and X-fans on the other. I don't see a problem with this really if neither side can agree why force co-existence I say border the two fan bases that way no more crappy VS events or heroes vs heroes story lines that drag on or have stories where the powerful heroes must be jobbed. Separation is the only way.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkknightdetective said:

Okay, I'm ending this crap.

All of you are sounding like stereotypical fanboys. Bat-fans and Super-fans should be friends, allies, like our heroes. We should all stop fighting over superiority and focus on the real target: Marvel Fanboys. Look into your hearts and you will see that I am right. Do it for the Robins and Jimmys and for most importantly for yourselves. Good day and dark night. ~Common Sense

So if I like one character I have to like all of his support characters/allies? That is ridicules. I don't have to like or be friends with all the friends my friend has.

LeoVarharris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LeoVarharris

So yeah basically the way I approached it was without a doubt, completely retarded. So apologies all around for people who took the time to read the garbage I spewed out without more than about 5 minutes of prior thought after looking at various fan wars. I left up the original post from the 1st day unedited to see for themselves just how much I failed and as sort of a perfect example of why you post AFTER you take more than a minute to think