• 56 results
Edited 8 months, 21 days ago

Superior Spiderman: How much longer do you want it to last for? (91 votes)

I want it to go on for ever, It's so great!! 5%
10 years + 3%
6-10 years 1%
3-6 years 2%
2.5 years 2%
2 years 4%
1.5 years 2%
1 year 12%
10 months 1%
9 months 1%
8 months 1%
7 months 3%
6 months 4%
5 months 2%
4 months 2%
3 months 2%
2 months 1%
1 month or below 2%
As soon as possible, What were they thinking!!? 29%
I don't care I just want to see the results 18%
#1 Posted by flazam (2439 posts) - - Show Bio

I think at most 7 months

I do miss Peter Parker

#2 Posted by Havenless (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

I went a year. Though I do miss Peter, change is nice every once in a while.

#3 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

just stop it now

>_<

Superior Spiderman is seriously grating on me. It might be just me but I'd have much preferred regular Pete...

#4 Posted by flazam (2439 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (4669 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep it going I love it.

#6 Posted by Strider92 (15257 posts) - - Show Bio

What really grinds my gears is that Superior had the potential to be a very awesome concept but due to Slott's destroying Peter Parkers character in order to glorify Ock destroyed that potential.

#7 Edited by Wolverine08 (26461 posts) - - Show Bio

Just stop now. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 Posted by Mucklefluga (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

It's great! But i don't want it for too long.

#9 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

Man after issue 14 I'm not missing Parker at all. Soooooooo friggin' good.

#10 Posted by BR_Havoc (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

I think another 6 months and it should be starting to wrap up. I have to admit I have read 13 issues so far and its just no longer entertaining and I get confused when people try to tell me it's so great. I came in with an open mind and the series is just not that good.

#11 Edited by frogdog (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

This shit book need to end as soon as possible, almost makes the clone saga look like Shakespeare.

#12 Edited by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: This. This is why I love you.

On topic, I want it to last about a year in total, I voted 10 months however because that's when Amazing Spider-Man 2 comes out, and that's when I expect Peter to return; though I admit that Dan Slott has me doubting myself.

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27333 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh I don't care, I'd rather read about Miles

#14 Posted by Killemall (16958 posts) - - Show Bio

Say what you will i love Superior Spiderman, i suppose i have been more of a person who enjoys stories rather than be a fan of the character.

No question, this series has molded and butchered the first thing that used to come to my mind while thinking Spiderman, but what can i say i find his attitude really badass, and i have never been a fan of the whole boy-scout-ism

#15 Edited by Spideysense44 (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

With superior Spiderman we just get to see Spiderman and not Peter parkers life which kinda sucks but i say at least 5 mnths

#16 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (4918 posts) - - Show Bio

3-6 years

#17 Edited by RedLantern23 (582 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it goes on for another decade. I love seeing all the crying fanboys :)

#18 Posted by Gambit474 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you love being a troll too?

Anyways idc how long it lasts..Venom and Scarlet Spider have shown to be the superior,no pun intended ;),titles as their characters and stories have been far better minus the controversies

#19 Edited by OmniBeast (362 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read any of the Superior Spidermans, I'm just not interested in it. From what I've heard about it doesn't seem that interesting.

#20 Edited by frogdog (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

Am glad that Marvel isn't that stupid to listen to this.

#21 Posted by RedLantern23 (582 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog: @gambit474: Superior is one of the best selling titles every month. Its not going anywhere because of a few people crying about it online. When Peter returns, it will be because Marvel wants him to. So like I said, I hope it doesnt happen for a very long time. Comic fans are like spoiled children. If they dont get exactly what they want they throw a fit about it. Its annoying.

#22 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

2 years.

#23 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6181 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop it now.

#24 Posted by Gambit474 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog: @gambit474: Superior is one of the best selling titles every month. Its not going anywhere because of a few people crying about it online. When Peter returns, it will be because Marvel wants him to. So like I said, I hope it doesnt happen for a very long time. Comic fans are like spoiled children. If they dont get exactly what they want they throw a fit about it. Its annoying.

No what's annoying is trolling kids like you who can't handle that people have an opinion that disagrees with yours. A lot of these people love Spider-man..The reason they're "crying about it" is because they're passionate about the character bud. I've seen some say they even tried reading SSM and were not impressed..Just because it's "one of the best selling titles" doesn't mean it's good. Marvel's history has shown that their best stories have always been their more underrated and lesser selling titles compared to their more mainstream titles. I enjoyed reading Moon Knight,War Machine,Ghost Rider(Aaron's run,not Williams's Crap),and many other titles more then the Avengers,X-men,Spider-man,and whatever else Marvel puts our more for.

Sure some of these fans do "throw a fit" but that doesn't make it right for you to come on here and antagonize them over it. SSM will only last up until the next Spider-man film comes out since Marvel collaborates their comics around the films so Peter will be back around by then..Frankly I don't really care about SSM since as I said Venom and Scarlet Spider are the far better reads but people like you are part of why some don't like SSM

#25 Posted by RedLantern23 (582 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: Show me where I said Superior was good. I said it sold well. And to Marvel, thats all that matters bud. My point is, its not gonna get cancelled or changed back when it is selling so well. So whats the point of complaining about it on the internet? The funny thing is, half of the people that whine about it still buy it every month. If people truly didnt like Superior, they would show it with their checkbooks, not their mouths.

People like me are part of the reason people dont like Superior? Lol that doesnt even make sense! If people dont like a comic book because of random people on the internet, they need to get a life.

#26 Edited by Bezza (2125 posts) - - Show Bio

As soon as possible! I refuse to buy a Superior Spiderman comic. I don't mind them killing spiderman temporarily (as DC did with superman), but having Doc Ock living in Spiderman's body or whatever is plain stupid. Spiderman is Marvel's most iconic character by a mile, bring back PP!!

That said I do appreciate the argument of the previous poster. Whilst the title is selling well, it won't be dropped. Perhaps we need an alternative universe Spiderman story to run alongside it to keep us traditionalists happy!

#27 Posted by GraniteSoldier (4499 posts) - - Show Bio

Another six months to a year. Even though I'm not an Ock fan, and despise what has happened to Peter, I get enjoyment of the fact that seeing Ock warp Peter's legacy gets such an emotional outburst from me. It's the first time in awhile Spider-Man has done that, even if it isn't Peter behind the helm. I was not thrilled with the first 4-5 issues, I thought they were poorly done, but it has really picked up since then. I consistently find myself disgusted with Ock's behavior and arrogance, and so badly want someone (Flash or Kaine preferably) to put his lights out. I like that I get worked up and emotional from it, it means the story telling is good.

It will make Peter's return all the sweeter. I just really, really hope they don't drag it out so long it becomes tedious and boring.

#28 Posted by flazam (2439 posts) - - Show Bio

Most people are saying about a year or so

#29 Edited by Paul2814 (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing Spiderman #701 should be out within a month of the 2nd movie I think. Will give movie goers a chance to jump on if interested.

#30 Posted by Dm225 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been going on for about fourteen issues to long already, sooooooo...

#31 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@dm225 said:

Exactly.

Someone should have punched Slott in the face the second he pitched this idea.

#32 Edited by Lvenger (16010 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 said:

What really grinds my gears is that Superior had the potential to be a very awesome concept but due to Slott's destroying Peter Parkers character in order to glorify Ock destroyed that potential.

This. I was willing to give Slott the chance but straight away, he butchered everything that made Peter Parker an awesome character. I don't want Superior to carry on an issue longer quite frankly.

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@dm225 said:

Exactly.

Someone should have punched Slott in the face the second he pitched this idea.

Slott sometimes pops on the Superior Spider-Man sales thread. You can give him a metaphorical punch to the face there. I have already :P

#33 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3772 posts) - - Show Bio

bring him back ASAP, it's awful

#34 Posted by Dayvid3 (801 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually do like the stories. But identity switches and nobody knowing about it stories always piss the hell out of me

#35 Posted by TDK_1997 (13679 posts) - - Show Bio

A minute.Nobody needs to see this thing going on more than that.

#36 Edited by Gambit474 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

@redlantern23 said:

@gambit474: Show me where I said Superior was good. I said it sold well. And to Marvel, thats all that matters bud. My point is, its not gonna get cancelled or changed back when it is selling so well. So whats the point of complaining about it on the internet? The funny thing is, half of the people that whine about it still buy it every month. If people truly didnt like Superior, they would show it with their checkbooks, not their mouths.

People like me are part of the reason people dont like Superior? Lol that doesnt even make sense! If people dont like a comic book because of random people on the internet, they need to get a life.

Actually from the sound of your posts it sounds like you're the one who needs to get a life "bud." Yes how dare people express their opinions! They should accept everything that changes and have no voice whatsoever because guys like redlantern will complain about them doing so otherwise! Such amazing logic

Yes that's exactly what's wrong with Marvel..they take quantity over quality. Besides to anyone who it seems relevant too..I'm on the Marvel forums and Slott himself posts there and goes on and on about how great he thinks his book is haha

#37 Posted by Strider92 (15257 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I just hope Kaine kicks his ass in Superior Team Up 2 or Scarlet Spider 22. I need to see that happen!!!

#38 Edited by Lvenger (16010 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: With Yost writing the confrontation, I'm sure we'll be seeing SpOck having his ass handed to him at some point during the story. You still planning on getting the SpOck/Cyclops meeting? :P

#39 Posted by Gambit474 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone wants something to spark their interest in the Scarlet Spider vs SpOck encounter,do remember that Kaine killed Doc Ock once a long time ago..There's going to be bad blood between these two if they figure out who each other are

#40 Posted by RedLantern23 (582 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: Your post is kind of ironic, considering you are crying about my opinion on Superior lol

#41 Posted by Gambit474 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: Your post is kind of ironic, considering you are crying about my opinion on Superior lol

How am I crying? Pointing out that you're an obvious troll is ironic? How amusing

#42 Posted by RedLantern23 (582 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: How am I a troll? Because I find the constant complaining about Superior annoying? Dont be an idiot. Just because you dont agree with my opinion doesnt automatically make it a troll. Quit being so immature.

#43 Edited by flazam (2439 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

I <3 SpOck he should totes stay 4ever!!!!!1!

Honestly though more than a year.

#45 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2100 posts) - - Show Bio

Man after issue 14 I'm not missing Parker at all. Soooooooo friggin' good.

this.

#46 Edited by Gambit474 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: How am I a troll? Because I find the constant complaining about Superior annoying? Dont be an idiot. Just because you dont agree with my opinion doesnt automatically make it a troll. Quit being so immature.

And here comes the name calling..You're sitting around bragging about wanting those who are against SSM to be grieved hence "I love seeing all the crying fanboys :)" so you really have no room to be calling me the immature one all because I'm pretty much implying how ridiculous your comments are. Sounds like you need to get over yourself kiddo

#47 Posted by RedLantern23 (582 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: That didnt answer the question at all. Once again, how does that make me a troll? I find the constant complaining, not only about Superior, but comics in general, to be extremely annoying. And in the case of Superior, I find it funny. Thats my opinion. For some reason you cant seem to accept that. Thats the only ridiculous thing in this situation. Just move on already.

#48 Edited by Orbiter (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, maybe at the end of the year it can end. I am enjoying the series, and looking forward to the glorious return of Peter.

#49 Edited by thespideyguy (2579 posts) - - Show Bio

I can only stand about a year more of this.

#50 Posted by EnigmaLantern (663 posts) - - Show Bio

Gave Superior Spider-man a try a few months ago and couldn't get myself to like it, I slightly prefer the previous Spider-man titles with Peter, but I'm basing this opinion on reading about 2 Superior Spider-man comics, I know some people who absolutely love it.