Superheroes with the INFP personality type?

scrawlx101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just wondering since its always fun to see which heroes have the same personality type and how they differ

INFPs have a talent for self-expression, revealing their beauty and their secrets through metaphors and fictional characters.

INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine.

INFPs will focus their attention on just a few people, a single worthy cause – spread too thinly, they’ll run out of energy, and even become dejected and overwhelmed by all the bad in the world that they can’t fix.

A few key personality traits as seen on this site:http://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality

Apparently Spiderman,Carol Danvers and Falcon fit this trope any other herooes or villians do you think fit this?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colossus is probably an INFP. He's always demonstrated those character traits, and is actually quite introverted despite his overtly physical powerset. And his talent as an artist has been used before to show his inner life. Interestingly enough, many of the engineers and physical medium (painting, mixed medium, sculpture-types) artists I know are bodybuilders, and fit Piotr's personality very well.

scrawlx101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scrawlx101: Not sure. Most teen characters don't really have stable personalities either due to lack of stories, or lack of development. You can argue either way about whether thought balloons were good or bad, but losing them does more of a disservice to younger characters because it is in the mind that most of the personality is displayed during that phase of life. Hard to differentiate insecurity or introversion without knowing their thoughts. Also, I'm more familiar with Marvel's X-Men, so can't really talk about DC Superheroes.

Wallflower/Laurie Collins seemed like an INFP. She had a few emotional moments, but it's hard to tell if that was typical teenage hormones, or if this reflected deep personality traits.

I think Xi'an Coy Manh/Karma, who isn't quite a teenager anymore, is the best example of one - her early experiences in the New Mutants showed that she was quiet, reserved, and quite mature but it wasn't until she needed to protect her twin siblings that her inner drive and very personal passion came out. Prof. X made Karma the leader because he recognized that she had a desire to protect younger children, and was the most responsible of the students.

Scott Summers seemed like an INFP as a young teenager, but I think he was an INTJ who was just going through growing pains.

Avatar image for lectriccolossus
lectriccolossus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lectriccolossus

I it's been forever since I've last posted, but I recently came across some link on facebook listing superheroes by their personality types. INFP is my type and I was pretty excited to see that Colossus was so close...he's INFJ which are similar types. Kitty was ironically INFP

But these two types are easily confused with each other

No Caption Provided

scrawlx101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By scrawlx101

@lectriccolossus:

yep spidey,carol danvers and falcon have INFP too :)

whose your fav teen superhero team in both marvel and dc mine is young avengers(i think-never read a comic but i like the characters) and teen titans(only dc teen team i know)

lectriccolossus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

scrawlx101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lectriccolossus: after some deep thought i think i picked the wrong thing...im serious but at times i can be very loud and jokey,i tend to be quiet and dont often start conversation unless im around friends im really comfortbale with.I'm kind of a do it yourself kind of guy if im partnernered with lazy people.I guess i have a fault of being too nice/generous at times and i sometimes do too much by myself if its a team task.I tend to be quiete religious.At times when i see my friends bored i take it upon myself to make them laugh or just let them poke fun at me.What personality type suits me?

lectriccolossus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scrawlx101:You and I share a lot of similarities. For me i'm jokey and loud when I'm around people I have a certain level of comfortableness with. I don't think you 'picked' the wrong one, as an infp one thing I can say is this, we are deep, multi-layered people. Not to say no one else is, but for us its more of a defining quality. You took the test?

scrawlx101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lectriccolossus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scrawlx101:lol well time will tell if that changes or not. some other tests show by how much lean whichever way say like, 79% Introversion and so on

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lectriccolossus: Very cool. I'd have to disagree with that chart about Colossus, though - still think he's an INFP. Especially that last part - he's extremely defensive when protecting his friends and his Big Three (Kitty, Ororo, and Illyana), but he's nowhere near as overtly aggressive as a character liked Wolverine (e.g. he's the big strong guy that would rather restrain and hold up a bad guy, then punch their heads off). I find it humorous that the chart's creator and I both classified Cyclops as the same type, though. I'd like to see them try to classify Magik.

lectriccolossus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: Yeah, I'm right there with you on that one. I really can't comment on the other ones, I'm not nearly as informed on them as I am colossus :/

i'd love to see one for some dc characters though

scrawlx101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lectriccolossus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scrawlx101: no clue lol. without knowing you personally and just going off the infp traits, I'd say something subtle With the potential to be extremely powerful. Kinda like Gohan I guess lol. hopefully that makes sense :p