Superheroes' ability to fight against odds.

CapRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Every time I go to a 'vs' debate, people usually decide on who wins by who is more powerful or who they like more. Well, there is one criteria everyone seems to be missing, and that is the ability of each Superhero to fight against beings more powerful than themselves or some would call it 'Luck'. My question is, should every 'vs' debate include this characteristic because I believe that this is part of the Superheroes' character.

BELOW IS AN EXAMPLE, PLEASE DO NOT DEBATE THIS TOPIC:

Spiderman vs Batman. Sure Spiderman has way more abilities than Batman, but Batman is seen fighting things a lot more powerful than himself and winning, whereas Spiderman's villains and usually about as powerful as himself. So Lets say Batman's ability to fight against odds is 70%, whereas Spiderman's is 60%. This could be a contributing factor on deciding who would win this battle. And for obvious reasons, I am not going to tell you who I think would win.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Every time I go to a 'vs' debate, people usually decide on who wins by who is more powerful or who they like more. Well, there is one criteria everyone seems to be missing, and that is the ability of each Superhero to fight against beings more powerful than themselves or some would call it 'Luck'. My question is, should every 'vs' debate include this characteristic because I believe that this is part of the Superheroes' character.

BELOW IS AN EXAMPLE, PLEASE DO NOT DEBATE THIS TOPIC:

Spiderman vs Batman. Sure Spiderman has way more abilities than Batman, but Batman is seen fighting things a lot more powerful than himself and winning, whereas Spiderman's villains and usually about as powerful as himself. So Lets say Batman's ability to fight against odds is 70%, whereas Spiderman's is 60%. This could be a contributing factor on deciding who would win this battle. And for obvious reasons, I am not going to tell you who I think would win.

I disagree, there is not much difference beetwen Batman and his more powerful villain. The only reason of why Spider Man can beat foes like Venom or Sandman is because he uses brains to find a weakness, if he tries to take them out with brute force he will get killed.

Luck cant be used as a factor in comic books, the reason of why characters like Batman can survive a trip to Apokolips is for plot resons or PIS.