inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

No Caption Provided
Once again, it's Halloween time here at ComicVine, and you know what that means: time to talk about new Halloween costumes! If you remember last year, we split it up into three different segments. ( Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) This year, it'll be the same deal, except it will be split up into "The Good, The Bad, and The Baby." Why baby costumes? Probably because every time I see them, I laugh out loud, so I figure I'll have to write less "jokes" in here to amuse you guys, or my biological clock is ticking and I've already picked out names for my non-existent children. (Galactus Elfring) So, let's kick this off with some terrible and adorable baby costumes, shall we?
== TEASER ==  
No Caption Provided

Baby Spidey-Man

Cost: Around $20
Is it good, is it bad, or is it just plain terrible? This is one of the most popular Spider-Man costumes on the internet this year, and I must say, I'm a little creeped out. I think it's the baby's face that's doing it though. He (at least I think it's a he) has a "I want to devour your soul with my precious smile" look on his face as he poops his diaper in this costume. Upon closer inspection, this looks like nothing more than a Spider-Man pajama set. I'm pretty sure the blue socks don't come with this as well. The "mask" is nothing more than a red dew-rag and what looks like to be a giant black and white sticker on the child's forehead. Baby's first eyebrow wax kit. I'd call this a "poor-man Spider-Man" outfit, but $20 seems pricey to have that tagged on. Why don't we call this what it really is: Spidey-Man Pajamas?  This may be the worst mask in the modern history of comic book related costumes.  

Final Verdict: 5/10 (8/10 if you keep it around as pajamas)

No Caption Provided

Robin

While looking around the net for new costumes this year, this was one of the first I happened upon, and it's still one of my favorites. First, the mask and the cape immediately reminded me of the Hamburgler, from the McDonald's commercial, and secondly, by the look on his face, you know he's just done something horribly mischievous. He probably dumped his apple juice in his mom's purse. HAHA! TAKE THAT MOTHER! Anyway, yet again, we have another costume that could easily double as pajamas, but I'm pretty sure if your kid goes to bed in this, he'll be fighting from until 4A.M. every night, unlike the Spidey-Baby kid, who probably just poops himself. This is one of the few times where I feel the costume designer kinda knew what they were doing for once. Although, for the record, this kid has a gigantic head... Like Hector Hammond big.

Final Verdict: 8/10
No Caption Provided

Really Pink Super-Girl

AHH! MY EYES! TOO MUCH PINK! Remember in Action Comics 236, when Superman got that new uniform, and it was all pink? Wait, it was yellow and purple actually, and this costume doesn't even have an Anti-Kryponite Belt... Anyway, I guess any time you want to make a super-hero costume for a female you have one of two options: Take an existing character and make the costume all pink, or "sexy" it up, and "sexying" it up here is so inappropriate. "Ok honey. Smile if you just pooped in the worst Super-Costume ever." That's right. I'm working the word "poop" into all of these. Anyway, yet again, we have pajamas with a little extra on them, but if I had a daughter (I'd name her Alex Dewitt Elfring), I'd probably put her in this costume before a good nap while I got in some good X-Men Arcade action. However, if I saw a child wearing this in public, I'd challenge the father to a duel for assaulting my eyes. 

Final Verdict: 6/10
No Caption Provided

The "Gee-Willikers" Batman

Cost: $23
 Is your child filled with pre-toddler angst? If so, I have an awesome costume for you. The God Da... I mean, The Gee-Willikers Batman. You too can have a snarling 2 year old demand "juwstice" and "wengeance" on the playground for the low price of $23. Hey, if you have two kids, team him up with Robin! All right, in all seriousness though, he's taking a poop, right? Something about this costume just bugs me though. I think it's the cowl. Or maybe it's the "I don't want to go to bed" snarl on the child's face? Wait, no, it's the over-sized drawn on belt around his torso. This isn't a bad costume at all, the kid is just way to into cos-playing. Why do I have a feeling I'm going to see him at Comic-Con 2025 dressed as Batman stabbing someone in the eye with a pen in Hall H? 

Final Verdict: 8/10

No Caption Provided

A Blue Snuggie, a Red Blanket, and a Giant Superman Logo

Cost: $15-$19
When I think about what to dress my future kids for their first Halloween, I think of two things: A lion or Paul Stanley from KISS because those are the only two acceptable costumes for your infant. However, here we have what looks like to be a really bizarre infant outfit that vaguely looks like it could possibly be Superman. First, I'm glad to say they are still pushing the Superman Returns film because you still need marketing 4 years after the film came out to drive those DVD sales home.  Second, I'm glad this costume wasn't slopped together over the weekend. Look at all the fine details within this costume. At $15, this is a huge steal. I could easily imagine paying hundreds of dollars for this piece... Well, at least we all know why the baby looks confused... 

Verdict: 1/10 (They didn't even try)

There you have it. Part one of this year's Halloween countdown. Very soon we'll be taking a look at terrible costumes from this past year, and some super awesome ones. So, what do you think of these costumes? Can you find any awesome or terrible baby costumes on the net?
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

This year I'm going as "thrift store Batman" ,essentially I go out and buy the cheapest knock off Batman costume I can find  and run around and shout unintelligibly 

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@Emperor Gonzo Noir: Like the year I went as "Poor Man's Galactus?"
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego: depends, did you have a "slutty Silver Surfer" to back you up, my girlfriend is going as "slutty Robin" to back me up
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Magian

Pink Superman outfit. It is so.... pink.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Adorable...just sayin'
Adorable...just sayin'
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Magian

Nice costume.

No Caption Provided
Bad costume.

No Caption Provided
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Decept-O

Funny stuff.  Needed that laugh. 
FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Those are adorable, but I do notice one thing. Look at the pose of the kid in the Robin costume. Now, imagine an adult in that same costume and pose. Wouldn't that just look creepy as hell?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By danhimself

dressing up an infant for Halloween is exactly like dressing up a dog for Halloween...all it does is make the adult/owner look like an ass

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Bestostero

seeing this makes me want to dress up this year...but i doubt I will...

Avatar image for i_madc_imageguy_
I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Baby Batman is a silver age story waiting to happen. I already know it exist.

Avatar image for squiresmadnessmachine
squiresmadnessmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am always to poor for halloween costumes these days i havent dressed up since i  was thunderlips i always paint black circles around my eyes and wear some kind of superhero shirt  and say i am that hero from the ghoul universe seems to work out alright
Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Icon
@ComicMan24 said:
" Nice costume.
No Caption Provided
Bad costume.

No Caption Provided
"
lmao. Poor kid.
The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The Psyentist
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" This year I'm going as "thrift store Batman" ,essentially I go out and buy the cheapest knock off Batman costume I can find  and run around and shout unintelligibly  "
Oh, you so would. ;)
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By iLLituracy

My nieces are going to be Supergirl, Batgirl and Wonder Woman. I've never been so proud in my entire life.

Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Psyentist said:
" @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" This year I'm going as "thrift store Batman" ,essentially I go out and buy the cheapest knock off Batman costume I can find  and run around and shout unintelligibly  "
Oh, you so would. ;) "
if I find one that's either a size too big  or too small, then that's a plus
The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The Psyentist
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" @The Psyentist said:
" @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
Oh, you so would. ;) "
if I find one that's either a size too big  or too small, then that's a plus "
Oh, yeah! :D
countvontrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By countvontrey

The Super Worm Baby is a slice of awesome. I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I saw that. lol

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@ComicMan24 said:

" Nice costume.

No Caption Provided
Bad costume.

No Caption Provided
"
I discuss the horrors of the Batman infant in last year's rundown...  you just brought back some painful memories
 http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/superhero-halloween-costume-showdown-part-2/415006/
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#20  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

At my church last Sunday night, there was one kid who dressed up like the Batman one, only his costume had a real belt and it had fake muscles, he was so epic! Also we had a kid wearing an Iron Man costume (the Mark V to be exact from IM2), and a Wolverine, was the classic gold and blue costume...claws and all, I would have laughed if he would have said, "I read my Bible, bub." xD

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Magian
@inferiorego: LOL It wasn't in my intentions. Too bad I wasn't here last year.
Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Eyz

Ha!
That "Gee-Willikers" Batman" will make kids look BADASS!!

Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

I think they are all adorable, even if some of their costumes are not the best. :)

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#24  Edited By xerox_kitty
@inferiorego: A few years ago, my friend (who is an avid Star Wars fan) became the proud father of a baby boy... So I bought them this outfit: 

blaakmawf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By blaakmawf

I want an adult-sized blue snuggie superman thing.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@xerox-kitty said:
" @inferiorego: A few years ago, my friend (who is an avid Star Wars fan) became the proud father of a baby boy... So I bought them this outfit: 

No Caption Provided
"
cutest thing ever
ArachKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ArachKnight

so when is the vine going to show all the strange and new female costumes this year?? I have seen wolverine's daughter - captin america's daughter - several NEW versions of spider-girl - pink wonder woman - the girl version of robin ....... 

My Wife is going to be Silken Floss cuz "Silken Floss is the most beutiful woman ever"
Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jordanstine

No one beats Baby Hulk from last year! 

Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By Pizawle

Robin is neat. Batman is snazzy.

roxamilli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By roxamilli

Oh, the pink superman costume. I was a pink Wonder Woman when i was 5

VenomMagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By VenomMagus

...why all the Marvel hating?  ...O, wait... Nevermind. 

Not for nothing, the thrift store Supes will prolly be better than any "official" costume.  I haven't bought a new Hallween costume in over a decade because DIY combines with mix and match just so damn nicely. 

Plus, kids are scared of anyhing these days...  so sad... :*(
Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By Silkcuts

Awww...all the pix are so cute.
The Robin one is my fave.