Superhero Apprenticeship Scheme: nominate candidates

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SunDeep

There are some crime fighters who appear to have real potential to be great super heroes, but whose comic book and/or cinematic universes are so weak that it's impossible for them to garner any real feats and build up that level of expertise. As such, someone (TOAA or some other omnipotent) decides to make them better and more interesting by orchestrating a mentorship scheme, where they'll be intensively trained and mentored by more experienced characters (they can be superheroes, anti-heroes or even supervillains- but if the apprentice crime-fighter leaves the apprenticeship scheme as a full-blown criminal then it's considered a fail) from more powerful and competitive universes, over the course of a month.

Whose training and mentorship would be the best fit for the selected character, who would improve their abilities and skills as a crime-fighting superhero/anti-hero most of all? And why? To get things started off, who would be the best character to provide a full month's apprenticeship to Hit-Girl?

No Caption Provided

@allstarsuperman@wyldsong
Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Kairan1979

I think the answer is oblivous.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kairan1979: hell no. Hit-Girl would stomp her. The answer is clearly the Punisher. Its who her and her daddy looked up too the most.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@allstarsuperman: Technically that's not likely to be true, what with him not existing in their universe and whatnot.

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SunDeep

@squares said:

@allstarsuperman: Technically that's not likely to be true, what with him not existing in their universe and whatnot.

Given that Kick-Ass is compared directly to Wolverine in the film, it's pretty obvious that the Marvel CBU does exist in their universe.

@allstarsuperman said:

@kairan1979: hell no. Hit-Girl would stomp her. The answer is clearly the Punisher. Its who her and her daddy looked up too the most.

Hmm. I suppose the Punisher could be a possible option- but taking his psychological profile and mentality into account, would he really make a good mentor or teacher for her? For a few other potential candidate, from the DC universe, what about Deathstroke, Nightwing or Ravager?

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@sundeep: Hit-Girl wouldn't like Night wing. Her most compatible teachers would be Red Hood or the Punisher. Jason already trained a young girl, and Punisher is who Big-Daddy was most like.

@squares: Kick-Ass takes place in the "real world" they refence both Dc /Marvel all the time. And Hit-Girl even says "Daddy trained me

to be cool like Rorschach or the Punisher."

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SunDeep

@allstarsuperman said:

@sundeep: Hit-Girl wouldn't like Night wing. Her most compatible teachers would be Red Hood or the Punisher. Jason already trained a young girl, and Punisher is who Big-Daddy was most like.

@squares: Kick-Ass takes place in the "real world" they refence both Dc /Marvel all the time. And Hit-Girl even says "Daddy trained me

to be cool like Rorschach or the Punisher."

Yeah, I guess. But it'd still be cool to give her someone who can hone her hand-to-hand and melee weapon fighting skills as well- personally, I'd be more inclined to go with Red Hood (or perhaps Lady Shiva) than The Punisher for this reason.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sundeep: Punishers H2H is very underrated. He has gone toe to toe with Daredevil, Winter Soldier, and Captain America, sure he didn't win any of those fights but I am not sure Red Hood would either.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@kairan1979: hell no. Hit-Girl would stomp her.

As far as I remember, Hit-Girl couldn't even 'stomp' Frank d'Amico. What makes you think she can stomp Black Mamba?

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kairan1979:

1. You are low balling her cause of a fight that happened 4 years ago.

2. The mother Russia fight is a considerably better showing of her current skill.

3. Mindy could just shoot the Bride.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: I'm on a phone so I can't post scans but its in Kick-Ass 3 issue 6 during Hit-Girls flashback to her first kill.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Alright, since I can't stand the series I'll have to take your word for it.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: have you actually read more then the first story?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: I've read the first and the second, and I hated every moment of both.

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SunDeep

@squares said:

@allstarsuperman: I've read the first and the second, and I hated every moment of both.

Man, that's harsh. So, allstarsuperman; you're the resident Hit-Girl expert, so I'll let you have the final say. Who, out of the candidates we've nominated thus far, would Hit-Girl herself choose to provide her with her month's superhero apprenticeship? And who would you nominate as the next talented comic-book crimefighter who could use a superhero apprenticeship?

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Elektra seems like a good fit for Hit-Girl.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

Batman for hit girl.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: oh. Id say i actually liked both Hit-Girl and Kick-Ass 3 more tjen those, but if you hated thrm youd hate these as well. @dagmar_merrill: she'd hate batman, she'd call him a liberal @sshole for not using guns or killing. @sundeep: I'd say she'd pick Red Hood. Next character should be Casey Jones.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna say Deathstroke could truly up her game, best.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Aphrodite IV, V, and maybe IX. It would definitely need to be someone above Kill Bill levels.

@sundeep: I'd say she'd pick Red Hood. Next character should be Casey Jones.

Which version of Casey? She is above current IDW version. They'd probably get along though.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Which version of Casey? She is above current IDW version. They'd probably get along though.

Oh I know, she'd beat Casey rather handily. I meant he should be the next character to discuss to get a mentor.

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SunDeep

@allstarsuperman said:

@squares: oh. Id say i actually liked both Hit-Girl and Kick-Ass 3 more tjen those, but if you hated thrm youd hate these as well. @dagmar_merrill: she'd hate batman, she'd call him a liberal @sshole for not using guns or killing. @sundeep: I'd say she'd pick Red Hood. Next character should be Casey Jones.

Sounds like a good call. Okay then, next in line, seeking a place in the month-long Superhero Apprenticeship Scheme, is Casey Jones. Which superhero (or anti-hero, or even a supervillain) do you think would do the best job of improving Casey Jones' crime-fighting skills, abilities and discipline? Who'd be the best mentor for him?

No Caption Provided

PS- IMHO, Frank Castle would probably be a far better fit for Casey Jones than he would have been for Hit-Girl...

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@wyldsong said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Oh I know, she'd beat Casey rather handily. I meant he should be the next character to discuss to get a mentor.

Gotcha.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. I think Daredevil training Jones would be cool.