User Lists: 14

Tell me what you guys think:

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If CW does it, I won't give it a hair on a rats a#* chance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Let's hope it ends up being better than Smallville.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

I'd be excited for it. However we already have a lot of comic TV shows...I personally think a 'mini-series' would fit a lot of comic book characters.

K_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes i ask myself if DC only has characters connected to Batman and Superman!!!

First Gotham and now Supergirl?

What about Hawkgirl and her Egyptian Mythology origins?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k_thor said:

Never thought about a Hawkgirl TV series but I like the idea.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@k_thor said:

Sometimes i ask myself if DC only has characters connected to Batman and Superman!!!

First Gotham and now Supergirl?

ya know, besides Green Arrow, Flash, and Constantine

hawkgirls effects would probably be hard to do and make look good for tv

but on topic, a supergirl show would be neat, I have trouble picturing how they start it and introduce her, since as far as I know she is usually raised by the kents until she's used to earth, it could be done well and differently, but there would usually be tons of effects that need to be done well, it would be interesting to see how they introduce her

GC8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1422

User Lists: 8

Well, there's always a million things in development. We'll have to see if this is in the minority that actually makes it to air.

K_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: I think it's a bad idea to make a tv series with a character that basically is the female version of Superman, this character (Superman) is not fresh, and already had several incarnations in tv and cinema, I think Wb shouldn't saturate Superman image because he will start in a crucial movie for Wb/Dc, 2016 B v S.

I also don't like the Flash tv series he should have a movie not a tv series, special effects for Supergirl and Hawkgirl to me are very similar.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mrnoital

@k_thor: hawkgirl and supergirl effects would be similar, except you have to add wings, and they'd probably have to be digital, and to make those look good it takes time, but I think flash will have a movie, just played by a different actor

K_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By K_Thor

@mrnoital said:

@k_thor: hawkgirl and supergirl effects would be similar, except you have to add wings, and they'd probably have to be digital, and to make those look good it takes time, but I think flash will have a movie, just played by a different actor

I don't understand the idea of the same character in Tv and movies at the same time, that could confuse regular viewers and takes the authenticity from the movie!!!

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mrnoital

@k_thor: or introduce a character, theories about his character, powers, and enemies

plus not that many people watch the show arrow either, so I doubt flash will be much different

season 2 of arrow averaged 2.6 million viewers per episode, seems like a lot except when compared to other shows, like the voice(12.1 mil) and how i met your mother(12.9 mil)

so the odds of the masses being confused are rather small, and would you really get confused? cause if you wouldn't why would other people?

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#12  Edited By amazing_webhead

I think anyone who follows me knows my reaction to the ever-lovely Kara Zor-El getting a TV show.

The kids probably won't get this one
The kids probably won't get this one

K_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: We live in a bubble (comic book fans), i think by your post you know that, but if you think that other viewers can't be confused great! I mentioned in a different topic the Arrow US viewers per episode even AOS has a much better audience and only the last episodes of the season (in my opinion) didn't suck (i m also not a big arrow fan), we all want that if ever made, Flash movie be a hit, i m just trying to mentioned elements that could downgrade that hit, i also think a Supergirl Tv series is not good for 2016 BvS, Wb/Dc like everyone else makes mistakes we can't always say YES!!!

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k_thor: I do have to agree about the supergirl thing, unless they're willing to tie that into the movies and have it on a big network, it could work, but it could also hurt the movies, and if they do plan on a supergirl show it shouldn't come out until after bvs anyways

and if they use an older actor who would match up with Batfleck and Cav-el, then there shouldn't be much confusion, unless people think mos is same universe as arrow, just years later, but I'm sure we aren't the only people that can work the google

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What does people has against Smallville?

It take all the Superman mythos and did something with it.

Sure it had his ups and downs, but it was pretty good for the concept and the budget.

It was something original, Arrow is a TDK Trilogy copy and gets unfair respect and love in this forum.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: except for his killing, hanging out with people who know him, having backup/radio support, dealing with government agencies like argus, and actually having to deal with the loss of his company(next season)

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rustyroy said:

@k_thor said:

Though they'd probably do Hawkman first, but either way I imagine it could be pretty good.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001 said:

@rustyroy said:

@k_thor said:

Though they'd probably do Hawkman first, but either way I imagine it could be pretty good.

Yeah that would be cool too. I would love to see a Zatanna or a Dr. Fate TV show more than anything.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: Have you being paying attention to the fact this forum is full of thread that explain this.

They roll with taking Nolan Batman.

@lyrafay said:

Now if you've seen my blog, you know I wrote a blog post about Arrow not being Green Arrow.

However after seeing what is actually is happening with the show, its becoming more like The Dark Knight Trilogy fan fiction:

• It's realistic style in the style of Nolan but looks rather cheap about this.
  • The island flashbacks play linearly like both TDKT and Man of Steel.
  • Deathstroke basically plays Liam Neeson's role
  • Dinah Laurel Lance aka The Black Canary is playing the Rachel Dawes role unfortunately.
  • Diggle is a mix of Morgan Freeman's Lucius Fox and Michael Caine's Alfred.
  • The whole hostage situation on Christmas Eve plays exactly like Joker's various hostage scenarios in The Dark Knight particularly the one at the end.
  • The copycat archers is exactly like the beginning of The Dark Knight with Batman jumping in to one of his copycats.
  • Oliver is basically brooding which is odd because in the comics, he mocks Bruce about this.
  • The Earthquake/City wide destruction is basically Bane/League of Shadows/assassins in TDKR which in turns is based on two Batman comic story lines.
  • Count Vertigo is an exact copy of Cillan Murphy's Scarecrow particularly because he acts creepily which Murphy did so well but here its a bit dull.
  • He uses an funny voice.
  • The League of Assassins/Ra's Al Ghul mentioned which is odd.
  • Black Canary kills and almost echoes Nolan's Catwoman and Sin is basically Holly Robinson

Add anything else. But Green Arrow deserves to have his own voice not a simple copy of Nolan's Batman because Green Arrow has always been funnier, social-political and quick-witted. Basically he shouldn't be reverted back to being the 1950s knock-off he once was.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rogueshadow  Moderator

@squares said:

Let's hope it ends up being better than Smallville.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mrnoital

@deathpoolthet1000: most of those points are pretty wrong by this point and were stretches in the first place

It's realistic style in the style of Nolan but looks rather cheap about this.

what style was it supposed to be if not realistic?

The island flashbacks play linearly like both TDKT and Man of Steel.

and lots of movies that have nothing to do with superheroes, that's a film technique

Deathstroke basically plays Liam Neeson's role

people have compared him to bane as well (hmm a really smart guy with enhanced abilities and good fighting skills not deathstroke at all)

Dinah Laurel Lance aka The Black Canary is playing the Rachel Dawes role unfortunately.

except sara lance is black canary, and she's not like rachel

Diggle is a mix of Morgan Freeman's Lucius Fox and Michael Caine's Alfred.

except in personality, and having fought alongside arrow, and even pretending to be him once, so, different

The whole hostage situation on Christmas Eve plays exactly like Joker's various hostage scenarios in The Dark Knight particularly the one at the end.

except the deal was the vigilante shows up or innocent people die, not innocent kill criminals or vice versa(there wern't even criminals involved), and how the dark archer actually beats him 1-on-1, and when he ditched the party, people actually noticed, unlike in TDK

The copycat archers is exactly like the beginning of The Dark Knight with Batman jumping in to one of his copycats.

yeah, a bunch of politically motivated murderers are like a bunch of fat guys with guns in hockey gear trying to stop a drug deal

Oliver is basically brooding which is odd because in the comics, he mocks Bruce about this.

yes cause it makes sense for the story that he comes back from being tortured for years and is a happy chipper guy

The Earthquake/City wide destruction is basically Bane/League of Shadows/assassins in TDKR which in turns is based on two Batman comic story lines.

cause in comics no body's city is ever destroyed(it happened to green arrow too), also TDKR was released the same year arrow started, since they said they had the 5 years planned out they obviously changed the first seasons whole basis just cause it was in a movie released a few months before the show started(when they would've already started filming)

Count Vertigo is an exact copy of Cillan Murphy's Scarecrow particularly because he acts creepily which Murphy did so well but here its a bit dull.

that one wasn't very good I admit, in an interview the actor said he was trying harder for the joker, but he wasn't good either way, but they're doing the real one next season

He uses an funny voice.

cause having most of your face exposed isn't enough, you should also speak in your normal voice, so nobody could ever tell its you

The League of Assassins/Ra's Al Ghul mentioned which is odd.

In comics Merlyn was a member of the league of assassins, really it's odd that Ollie didn't have more interaction with them

Black Canary kills and almost echoes Nolan's Catwoman and Sin is basically Holly Robinson

sure if you ignore the fact that sara and ollie actually have history, and later work, train and kind of live together, and canary kills criminals, catwoman kidnapped a senator and robs random guys, and hooly seems to act slutty to rob those guys while sin is a troubled and homeless teen

it could be argued that there were more/closer parallels to the comics than the TDK trilogy

do you think it makes any kind of sense for him to jump off an island and suddenly hate the man and corporations, in the comics he was pretty much a copy of bat til he lost his company, and he just lost his company, theres no way he could grow as a character like he did in comics

if you have any opinions of your own

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is kind of just smallville all over again... I'd prefer Mary Marvel.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

@mrnoital: Thats because its the CW. The highest ratings they usually get for a show is 4 million. So, those ratings are great for the CW. Even though the CW is a regular network it still is very new. It can be put into the cable category for viewers.

haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: I agree I love Smallville! It put superhero shows on the map. Without Smallville who know if we would have had Arrow. But I personally disagree with you on your Arrow comment. Watch season 2 it is very much its own vain with its mythology.

@k_thor: ABC and The CW are two different networks. Arrow is more popular than Agents of Shield in the television world. The reason that agents of shield has a higher viewing rating is because its on ABC. They need 7 million viewers just to stay afloat. The CW can have less than a million views sometimes and still keep a show on the air. But the Cw's fan base is huge and more dedicated.

K_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haydenclaireheroes: look i m not a fan of Arrow or AOS, but you have to be more objective numbers are numbers this works for movies and Tv series, the final goal is always profit, if Cw's fan base is huge why so bad ratings?

People are not forced to see Abc AOS.

Series are cancelled by their number not the fan base.

The dedication for any Tv series or movie is watch it, the last film Dreed 3d 2012 has a lot of fans but didn't made any money, (the studio lost money), no one went to see it, that's why hasn't a sequel yet.

haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k_thor: The Cw is considered like a cable channel in viewer regards. Example: Teen Wolf is widely popular, but only brings in maybe 2.0 millions views. Cable and Network ratings are very different. Same for some award winning shows. Homeland only gets 1 to 2 million views, but it is a widely successful television show.

Not all networks play that way. The CW still has Beauty and the Beast on just because of their strong fan base. Their numbers are horrible. Less than a million views for some episodes.

Movies and Television are different. Box office numbers matter a lot more for Movies and that is why fan bases are less powerful for film. Look a t Kick Ass same example. Low numbers but a cult following.

K_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haydenclaireheroes: Sorry i can't go to far with you on Us television, normally i only check my favorite series ratings in Wikipedia (also dc and Marvel series) i m not from US, but you have knowledge just let me ask this question, my favorite series is Vikings (no surprise there), that has great ratings in several European countries, in U.S only has around 3.5 million per episode, why you guys don't like Vikings? series and movies quality is subjective but the series is critical acclaimed, i never hear anyone in Us talk about Vikings!!!

"The Cw is considered like a cable channel in viewer regards", but you don't pay for it right?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By waezi2

I want a Power Girl show.

haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k_thor: I guess because not a lot of people over here are talking about Vikings, but 3.5 million is not bad for the network its on. I am pretty sure that show is on a subscription channel.

The CW is still a network channel, but viewership wise you can compare it to a cable network. The CW was created around 2006. It is a merger of The WB and UPN. You technically do not have to pay for the CW.

K_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haydenclaireheroes: History Chanel first and only fictional series, here you have to pay for it...

Man you really know much about television i m more a movie fan!

Returning to the topic as i said above a Supergirl series if released before 2016 BvS could hurt the movie authenticity because Kara is the female version of Superman.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I give it 2 seasons tops.

haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k_thor: LOL yeah I am big on television

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

I want a Power Girl show.

Me too.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sky_Pirate2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Smallville's Supergirl is NOT going to be hard to top. Smallville's Supergirl was just awful.

mandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dawson's creek meets buffy formula, hot female actress and male actors, Geoff Johns brought in to change formula halfway to make it more palatable to CB fans alienating the none comic fans who enjoyed the shows unique take.