Superboy was reading Justice League 3000

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In the last Supergirl issue he was seen holding the Justice League 3000 issue. How can that be?

I thought they said JL 3000 was actually taking place in an different universe but still within the multiverse?

So how can he possibly be reading a comic about those characters?

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sodamyat said:

In the last Supergirl issue he was seen holding the Justice League 3000 issue. How can that be?

I thought they said JL 3000 was actually taking place in an different universe but still within the multiverse?

Looks like you haven't read Multiversity.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh.....The same thing happened in Multiversity.......

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

I have, but thats not canon from the interviews ive read.

Smash Brawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@nickthedevil said:

@sodamyat said:

I have, but thats not canon from the interviews ive read.

Multiversity is definitely canon.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

Which is what I was getting to.

Since the beginning of DC, they've had comic books shown of other Earths, most namely, Barry Allen read "The Flash" comics, based on Jay Garrick. Little did he know, the stories were actually real, but took place on an alternate Earth. It was explained that these writers unknowingly were like seers of other worlds, the Multiverse seeped into their subconcious, and they translated it as ideas for stories, books, etc.

It wasn't until Flash and Jay Garrick met that this was explained, and further so when the JLA met the JSA later down the road.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

Since the beginning of DC, they've had comic books shown of other Earths, most namely, Barry Allen read "The Flash" comics, based on Jay Garrick. Little did he know, the stories were actually real, but took place on an alternate Earth. It was explained that these writers unknowingly were like seers of other worlds, the Multiverse seeped into their subconcious, and they translated it as ideas for stories, books, etc.

It wasn't until Flash and Jay Garrick met that this was explained, and further so when the JLA met the JSA later down the road.

That's a really cool idea. Nice way for DC to tie everything together.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@nickthedevil said:

@micah said:

It was really ahead of it's time.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@nickthedevil said:

@micah said:

It was really ahead of it's time.

That it was.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

yes i know all of that. and i know why it happened in real life(because of the comic book companies)

but im not giving ideas on whether it may or may not be canon. im say for certain (only based off of interviews ive seen) multiversity is not canon.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nickthedevil

@sodamyat said:

@nickthedevil said:

@micah said:

yes i know all of that. and i know why it happened in real life(because of the comic book companies)

but im not giving ideas on whether it may or may not be canon. im say for certain (only based off of interviews ive seen) multiversity is not canon.

You misinterpret then. It's not canon to Earth-1.

But it is canon, as seen by the Convergence teasers. Read some of the synopsis, and you can gather that as evidence. Gaslight Batman vs Shazam??? Gotham Sirens vs Captain Carrot? Something is most definitely up.

Smash Brawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

im say for certain (only based off of interviews ive seen) multiversity is not canon.

Again, Multiversity is definitely canon:

http://www.newsarama.com/23307-seven-dc-earths-profiled-in-the-multiversity-guidebook-1-preview.html

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2014/08/18/the-map-of-the-multiverse

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58597

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@sodamyat said:

@nickthedevil said:

@micah said:

100% cannon, they even said in recent interviews that Multiversity will lead in to Convergence.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@sodamyat:

Issue 3 of JLD Mindwarp has 3 comics in his hotel room like Suicide Squad like Secret Seven and Deadman and Ither is unknow but probably another magical tittle.

SuperboyPrime/Superman Prime read about the others heroes from comics.

In special Christmas issue of Teen Titans Robin, Wonder Girl, Aqualad and Kid Flash were reading comics about their older counterparts.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

because reasons