Super strength Vs Super durability

"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By "Colossus"

which is better. but when you pick you will not have other at any above human level

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cracks
@"Colossus": Durable means you can endure a lot of attacks of any type.  you can with stand lots of attacks. Strong means how many tons you can pick up and how hard you can punch. Stuff like that.        %Pr
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cracks
@"Colossus": Durable means you can endure a lot of attacks of any type.  you can with stand lots of attacks. Strong means how many tons you can pick up and how hard you can punch. Stuff like that.        %Pr
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

What is going on here? I think my brain is leaking.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Usually if someone has super strength they have to have the durability to match it, or you'd pick up something and break your bones.

"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By "Colossus"
@jloneblackheart said:
" Usually if someone has super strength they have to have the durability to match it, or you'd pick up something and break your bones. "
yea thats not happening here. tho
ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bump.

I pick durability cus strength is useless without durability. If yer gonna lift 100 tons an' you only have normal human durability, yer gonna break yer bones. If yer gonna punch through a wall with super strength an' mass, you'll punch through the wall but unless ya got super durability you'll break yer bones. If yer gonna tear down a wall, ya might badly hurt yerself.

I'd obviously rather have both but if I only can pick one, I choose durability.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Durability. You'd win fights just by people punching you and them breaking their bones on you

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Durability easily. Why would people even want super strength? Imagine this: A super strength guy and you fight. He sends you flying miles away with one punch. He hits you repeatedly for 100 times. You are banged up but otherwise ok because of your durability. He begins to run with one FINAL punch...with all his energy...here it comes...BANG. You shoot him dead. The End. You were able to survive all that because of your durability while you were able to kill him in 1 second because he was thinking of using only his strength.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Durability. You can always work to become stronger but with durability you pretty much have what you have.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JonSmith

Yep, durability. Without anything holding you together, super strength is actively detrimental to your health. And even if it wasn't, what good would it really do in life? Might help you on moving day, that's about it. Durability, while it won't really allow you to do anything you can't already, WILL protect you from life's little mishaps. Like getting hit by a car. Or putting your hand on a burner you didn't know was on. Or just going outside in the winter/summer. You'll use durability alot more than strength everyday.

Not to mention that WITH durability, you'll get a degree of super strength simply because your body won't wear out/tear apart from the strain of lifting s*** to heavy for your muscles. You won't be tossing tanks, but it's better than nothing.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Durability easily. Why would people even want super strength? Imagine this: A super strength guy and you fight. He sends you flying miles away with one punch. He hits you repeatedly for 100 times. You are banged up but otherwise ok because of your durability. He begins to run with one FINAL punch...with all his energy...here it comes...BANG. You shoot him dead. The End. You were able to survive all that because of your durability while you were able to kill him in 1 second because he was thinking of using only his strength.

I could put a car or something above you and you wound t be able to move.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01 said:

And while you are picking up a car I am shooting at you with a machine gun and kill you. Unless you believe you can pick up a car faster than I can pull a trigger.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

@aquaman01 said:

And while you are picking up a car I am shooting at you with a machine gun and kill you. Unless you believe you can pick up a car faster than I can pull a trigger.

It is cheating, why can you have a gun? Also I could grab you and throw you away.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By aquaman01

@aquaman01 said:

@black_arrow said:

@aquaman01 said:

It is cheating, why can you have a gun? Also I could grab you and throw you away.

There isn't cheating in a fight :) If I am fighting someone with super strength I would break into someone's house and steal a gun :) I am not a fair fighter

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

@aquaman01 said:

@black_arrow said:

@aquaman01 said:

There isn't cheating in a fight :) If I am fighting someone with super strength I would break into someone's house and steal a gun :) I am not a fair fighter

Yeah well I would grab a big rock cover with it from the bullets and then I threw the rock. You will survive it but you cant move the rock, so you will be trap. I think it can go either way also it depends in the grade of strength. If I can thunder clap strong enough to send you flying and not giving you the chance to shoot, I can also take you down that way.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

Why do you even need a gun? Arrow would be as vulnerable as anyone else, he'd just hit harder, and that wouldn't effect someone with increased durability. You take durability here, you don't even need another weapon: The other person is no threat to you, even with super strength, so you can just punch them in the face until they don't get up like a normal person. That would actually be even easier, since you won't damage yourself at all, like scraping your knuckles or dislocating your bones from said punching.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Durability FTW

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

@aquaman01 said:

@black_arrow said:

Why do you even need a gun? Arrow would be as vulnerable as anyone else, he'd just hit harder, and that wouldn't effect someone with increased durability. You take durability here, you don't even need another weapon: The other person is no threat to you, even with super strength, so you can just punch them in the face until they don't get up like a normal person. That would actually be even easier, since you won't damage yourself at all, like scraping your knuckles or dislocating your bones from said punching.

Yeah but if i trap him in something that he can´t lift, I would win. Also If I can do Thunder claps, I can make him to never get close to me. I could also choke him to death.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah but if i trap him in something that he can´t lift, I would win. Also If I can do Thunder claps, I can make him to never get close to me. I could also choke him to death.

And what exactly are you going to lift that's not going to break your bones from the strain? You've got the strength to lift s***, but not the durability to back it up. So you try and lift a car over your head, you're going to break your back. You perform thunderclaps? Probably going to shatter every bone in both your arms. Choking him is maybe one of the few ways your super strength sans durability would help you, and even then, you still have to deal with him beating the s*** out of you at close range. And you with no durability to handle it. You're going to get knocked out before you manage to choke him out.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Black_Arrow

@jonsmith said:

@black_arrow said:

And what exactly are you going to lift that's not going to break your bones from the strain? You've got the strength to lift s***, but not the durability to back it up. So you try and lift a car over your head, you're going to break your back. You perform thunderclaps? Probably going to shatter every bone in both your arms. Choking him is maybe one of the few ways your super strength sans durability would help you, and even then, you still have to deal with him beating the s*** out of you at close range. And you with no durability to handle it. You're going to get knocked out before you manage to choke him out.

The Op said that we will not break our bones if we lift something with super strength. That is way i am saying that I could lift things.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Op said that we will not break our bones if we lift something with super strength. That is way i am saying that I could lift things.

Okay, fair enough, so lift something. What? A car? You think somebody's just going to stand still while you awkwardly pick up a car, and swing or drop it on them? Due to the size of the car, it's going to take you time just to get a grip on it TO lift, and the entire time you're doing that, you're getting pummeled upside the head.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Black_Arrow

@jonsmith said:

@black_arrow said:

Okay, fair enough, so lift something. What? A car? You think somebody's just going to stand still while you awkwardly pick up a car, and swing or drop it on them? Due to the size of the car, it's going to take you time just to get a grip on it TO lift, and the entire time you're doing that, you're getting pummeled upside the head.

I could grab a lighting pole and trap the guy with durability on it. there are plenty of ways to beat them. I could also so threw him away if I feel that the guy with durability is going to beat me. If me level of strength is on Hulk level I could also do this:

No Caption Provided
JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could grab a lighting pole and trap the guy with durability on it. there are plenty of ways to beat them. I could also so threw him away if I feel that the guy with durability is going to beat me. If me level of strength is on Hulk level I could also do this:

No Caption Provided

The light pole still relies on them standing still and letting you do that to them. As for knocking/throwing them away: That's BFR, not victory. And I imagine all you're going to do is tick your opponent off and give them the opportunity to get weapons on their way back. Congrats, you have successfully put a few miles between you and your enemy. Oh no, there's a weapons store and/or a car in those few miles. They are now going to hit you at 60 miles an hour, or come at you with weapons. Both things that WILL still kill you.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

@black_arrow said:

No Caption Provided

The light pole still relies on them standing still and letting you do that to them. As for knocking/throwing them away: That's BFR, not victory. And I imagine all you're going to do is tick your opponent off and give them the opportunity to get weapons on their way back. Congrats, you have successfully put a few miles between you and your enemy. Oh no, there's a weapons store and/or a car in those few miles. They are now going to hit you at 60 miles an hour, or come at you with weapons. Both things that WILL still kill you.

Yeah but I can also get prepped while he comes back. Also as I said depends too much on the level of strength, If I have Hulk strength I could throw you to the moon and kill you. Also It wound t take too much time to grab a lighting pole because the amplified strength of the muscle of my legs makes me faster than normal humans.

drunkenpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super-strength.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Usually if someone has super strength they have to have the durability to match it, or you'd pick up something and break your bones.

Exactly what I was thinking...