Posted by TitanTempest (347 posts) - - Show Bio

Super Potential

The Boy Who Could Be Better Than the Man

After reading some post on what should have been a positive forum, I feel I should express my thoughts. Stephens2177 created a forum to help explain how Superboy's tactile telekinesis, leaves him just as potentially powerful as a Kryptonian, and I agree. But Stephens did not receive a debate on this, but was attacked because others felt the New 52 Superboy comic didn't live up to their expectations. First of all he should not have been bullied because of something he had no control of. Second, I think the Superboy and Teen Titans comics are great, both are apart of my top picks in the New 52 comics, and Im sure others would agree.

I think Scott Lobdell set up Superboy quite nicely. He gave Superboy a great cast to interact with, and a backstory that leaves Superboy's future undecided. Great stories can come out of what Lobdell created, within Superboy's identity and personality. He went into great detail of what Superboy's tactile telekinesis, relating the telekinesis to Kryptonian powers but also giving Superboy's own diverse strengths and weaknesses. People also complained that Superboy's powers where useless compared to Captain Comet's abilities. Yet, I argue that this leaves a better potential for Superboy's adventures. Because a great superhero is not made by how great powers his powers are but how he can overcome his weaknesses. Considering Superboy must always concentrate in order for his powers to work, I say that is a considerable weakness. I do love Captain Comet, but Kon El is related to Superman the first real superhero, so cut him some slack.

Superboy is a great character, and his diversity from Superman should not be looked down upon. Who wants an exact "clone" of Superman, haha. One day Superboy could even pass Superman and give readers the character they have been waiting for. People comlain that Superman is too Boyscout. Well thats one thing that The New 52 Superboy is not, he is a character all his own. Even though Lobdell is leaving Superboy, I hope DeFalco continues the story without diverting to far from what I think has been a great story so far. I hope yall agree and just comment down below with yall's thoughts.

P.s. Superboy now has three genetic founders. One from Superman, One from Lex, and a mysterious third. Could the third be the other Superman of Kansas, Captain Comet. It could explain why Superboy has Tactile Telekinesis. It could also explain why DC brought a less popular character, into the well known Action Comics so early into DC's beginning. It's just a thought

#1 Posted by Trodorne (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

There is alot of potential. I think the third one was supposed to be the clone from leader from Kryptons past. the one who lead the rebellion.

#2 Posted by stephens2177 (1036 posts) - - Show Bio

his third donor is supposed to be a female ,cause lobdell said MOTHER,but i for the life.of me cant think of any female characters that could make the alien lava woman say he had something in him.also that was unspeakable,and also vegetate kiva when she went into kons mind.

kon is a teen who has a enormous power already,when kal.was his age his powers were way less than kons levelseasily,so SB has the potential to be more powerful as he gets older,and he has his TTK he could learn to use without having to conscioulsy controlling it,or sensing thingswithout touch,but also he has kryptoniam dna in him,and a third dna that could give him even more powers.

i really dont want kon to be more.powerful as kal,just his equal is all.he is the psionic superman,not psionic god.

#3 Posted by TitanTempest (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trodorne said:

There is alot of potential. I think the third one was supposed to be the clone from leader from Kryptons past. the one who lead the rebellion.

Thats wat I like about Superboy is his potential

@stephens2177: Yeah, I dont want him to be stronger than Superman, just toe-to-toe.... But I do think he has greater room for character development, Superman is and always should be the boyscout. This leaves Superboy to one day (far in the future) to take Superman place but also making room for him to make mistakes and be more human. I love Superman, but for him to be Supes, he has gotta stay true to being the light of DC. Superboy can be the darker side of the superman family.

#4 Posted by TitanTempest (347 posts) - - Show Bio
Superboy, Issue 13: His telekinesis is getting stronger, so that now he doesn't have to be touching something to move it..... But it makes me kind of sad, cuz I liked his powers just how they were, it made a interesting dynamic with just tactile telekinesis.
#5 Posted by stephens2177 (1036 posts) - - Show Bio

he already can move things without tpuching them,its just that is control and power grows when he is in contact with them.did you read the ravagers#5,he was in it,looked great under Churchills pen,and tough with,and without his TK.i liked that he didint budge when Ridge was going to hit him,he stays very cool and calm in all situations,guess you can when you are as powerful as he is.

#6 Posted by TitanTempest (347 posts) - - Show Bio
@stephens2177: I thought he had to touch them to put his energy into it? I thought thats why he was surprised in Superboy #13. Yeah I read Ravagers #5, I agree, HE LOOKED AWESOME!!! Not that he doesnt every other time, but I did like the art!! Especial with the TK. But my interpretation of that was not that he was calm, but that he was feeling sad and hopeless cuz he didnt have memories or a past. His expression is so empty, envious, and lonely
#7 Posted by stephens2177 (1036 posts) - - Show Bio

he moved a police helicopter after him and kara fought for a bit,just for one example of no touch TK. 
in his book- Dallas,in the ravagers- caitlin and ridge,those guys made kon look rational.

#8 Posted by TitanTempest (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: Hahaha, I know Caitlin freaked out for no reason, she has issues lol. Ridge is a little more understandable, but not by much lol

#9 Posted by stephens2177 (1036 posts) - - Show Bio

have they actually shown how durable supermans kryptonian armor is? i cant wait for kon to wear it,itll look cool on him,be good for quick changes,and real good for his durability. 

#10 Posted by TitanTempest (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: The armor itself is indestructible. Id like it, if they crossed Kon's suit with Superman's Armor. Like added black on the top half, just as a reminder to Pre-New 52. Not a permanent change just a "Nod", to old fans

#11 Posted by stephens2177 (1036 posts) - - Show Bio

that armor changed color when superman put it on,it would be great to see it change to all black and red,those are his colors,and that would make the armor and him look badass. 
putting supermans hand me downs on is gonna be a great thing for SB,he just keeps gettijg more powerful and more tough to beat.

#12 Posted by TitanTempest (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: I like your way of thinking, a black Superman armor would be awesome. Considering the DNA they share and that is different, I wish it would change, just for a lil bit

#13 Posted by stephens2177 (1036 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah im thinking it would look awesome and natural on him,SBs present personality is suited very nicely with a suit like that,and superman is probably gonna want to match up a lil more with the movie suit,and appease the old suit fans. 

kon already is a beast,his TTK is getting stronger,and he is learning new ways to use it all the time.one thing i dont want is his power growth to be stunted because of the reliance on the armor.

#14 Posted by stephens2177 (1036 posts) - - Show Bio

is there any legion future females with very powerful TK,or who would mutate kryptonian dna?

#15 Posted by TitanTempest (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177 said:

is there any legion future females with very powerful TK,or who would mutate kryptonian dna?

Hmmmmm Very interesting! Not that I know of but I only know of the more popular legionaires and not all of them, so I have no clue. Plus they are reviving people from before Zero Hour, so there is no telling who they could pull from the hat lol

*Great Idea man

#16 Posted by TitanTempest (347 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump