#1 Posted by The Iron Cavalier (231 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has been working on a full-scale fighting game behind our backs, apperantly.

http://marvel.com/news/vgstories.1487.First_Look_at_EAs_Upcoming_Marvel_Fighting_Game?utm_campaign=front+page+tracking&utm_source=main+graphic&utm_medium=small+graphic+link&utm_content=%2Fnews%2Fvgstories.1487.First_Look_at_EAs_Upcoming_Marvel_Fighting_Game

Discuss.

It'll be pretty good. I'm worried about the choice of costumes on the heroes. Its like ww2 Cap, and Ultimate Iron Man, and some weird Juggernaut costume. I'm also worried that mad heroes probably wont be represented. Like in the last fighting game Marvel did. Other than that, it may be the last straw for me to pick up a 360.

#2 Posted by fesak (7058 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel doesn't make games, the game is made by EA.

I just wish we could get a real Marvel fighting game.

#3 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

If they spend as much time on game play as they do in the level design, it will be good. If not it will suck. The best 3D Marvel game i've played so far is x-men next dimension, and that's 6 years old now.

#4 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

love it

#5 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

is thor in it that would be cool

#6 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah think so

#7 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Marvel doesn't make games, the game is made by EA. I just wish we could get a real Marvel fighting game."

I dont know, looked fresh to me.

#8 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

It looked pretty cool, hopefully it will play well to.

#9 Posted by Mantid (4418 posts) - - Show Bio

Sits on corner crying his eyes out

Is it in the PS2? he mumbles

#10 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

The Iron Cavalier says:

"Marvel has been working on a full-scale fighting game behind our backs, apperantly. http://marvel.com/news/vgstories.1487.First_Look_at_EAs_Upcoming_Marvel_Fighting_Game?utm_campaign=front+page+tracking&utm_source=main+graphic&utm_medium=small+graphic+link&utm_content=%2Fnews%2Fvgstories.1487.First_Look_at_EAs_Upcoming_Marvel_Fighting_Game Discuss. It'll be pretty good. I'm worried about the choice of costumes on the heroes. Its like ww2 Cap, and Ultimate Iron Man, and some weird Juggernaut costume. I'm also worried that mad heroes probably wont be represented. Like in the last fighting game Marvel did. Other than that, it may be the last straw for me to pick up a 360."

thats old news bro. But yeah I want it!

#11 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

does anyone have any idea who is a playable character in this game?

#12 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as it was nothing like EA's last project, Marvel Nemesis, it might do fine.

#13 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"As long as it was nothing like EA's last project, Marvel Nemesis, it might do fine."

i thought that was a good game and do you know who are the playable characters are in this new game

#14 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see the need for a super-hero fighting game...what I want hasn't been done yet, not even with Ultimate Alliance. I want a game that gives you the full super-hero experience...I'll probably explain in detail in some other thread in a little bit...spin-offs are fun.

#15 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"I don't see the need for a super-hero fighting game...what I want hasn't been done yet, not even with Ultimate Alliance. I want a game that gives you the full super-hero experience...I'll probably explain in detail in some other thread in a little bit...*spin-offs are fun.*"

Go try the online game "City of Heros/Villians"

#16 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I have, and it's fun...

#17 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"As long as it was nothing like EA's last project, Marvel Nemesis, it might do fine."

I thought Nemesis was ok. I just didn't like how some characters were done.

The game looks really good. I'd love to have full roster of available characters. I'm going to pick it up for my PS3 though.

#18 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"zero edge says:
I thought Nemesis was ok. I just didn't like how some characters were done. The game looks really good. I'd love to have full roster of available characters. I'm going to pick it up for my PS3 though."

the character i want are spiderman, thor, and some others i don't feel like saying

#19 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

The Mighty Thor says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"zero edge says:
I thought Nemesis was ok. I just didn't like how some characters were done. The game looks really good. I'd love to have full roster of available characters. I'm going to pick it up for my PS3 though."
the character i want are spiderman, thor, and some others i don't feel like saying"

I want Spidey, Venom (Of course) Captain America, Ironman, Black Panther, Logan, Hulk, Juggs, Genis-Vell, Thanos, I kinda want Silver Surfer, Thor, Loki, Moonknight, Red Sonja Electra, Storm, and a few others.

#20 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"I have, and it's fun..."

Can Superheros fight Superheros and Villians against Villains?

#21 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"The Mighty Thor says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"zero edge says:
the character i want are spiderman, thor, and some others i don't feel like saying"
I want Spidey, Venom (Of course) Captain America, Ironman, Black Panther, Logan, Hulk, Juggs, Genis-Vell, Thanos, I kinda want Silver Surfer, Thor, Loki, Moonknight, Red Sonja Electra, Storm, and a few others."

they don't have that many games with thor so if they have him i'm happy cause there very few guys with him

#22 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

The Mighty Thor says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"The Mighty Thor says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"zero edge says:
I want Spidey, Venom (Of course) Captain America, Ironman, Black Panther, Logan, Hulk, Juggs, Genis-Vell, Thanos, I kinda want Silver Surfer, Thor, Loki, Moonknight, Red Sonja Electra, Storm, and a few others."
they don't have that many games with thor so if they have him i'm happy cause there very few guys with him"

He's not one of the most well known people that's why.

#23 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

that is true but his powers are awesome

#24 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos...you want Red Sonja in the game? I wan Ash.

Thor...I'm kind of hoping you aren't represented in a video game. Wouldn't it be stupid seeing you, Mighty God of Thunder, getting the KO from a guy like Hawkeye, or Black Panther? I mean, think about it...

#25 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"Eternal Chaos...you want Red Sonja in the game? I wan Ash. Thor...I'm kind of hoping you aren't represented in a video game. Wouldn't it be stupid seeing you, Mighty God of Thunder, getting the KO from a guy like Hawkeye, or Black Panther? I mean, think about it..."

yea but still they have hulk fighting cap in that game so i see no big deal if they have thor

#26 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh...let me tell you, you are my favorite character in UA, but didn't it bother you how they didn't give you invulnerability? How, when you got shot with a laser blast, you took the same amount of damage as Daredevil? I mean, I wanna see you in a game that treats you like the God you f*cking are...

Hey, how's your father?

#27 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"Eh...let me tell you, you are my favorite character in UA, but didn't it bother you how they didn't give you invulnerability? How, when you got shot with a laser blast, you took the same amount of damage as Daredevil? I mean, I wanna see you in a game that treats you like the God you f*cking are... Hey, how's your father?"

no it didn't bother me that they didn't give thor invulnbility i'm glad the didn't and i don't care if hawkeye beats thor in a video game because its not real and we al know that would never happen in comics

#28 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

The Mighty Thor says:

"Gottheit says:
"Eh...let me tell you, you are my favorite character in UA, but didn't it bother you how they didn't give you invulnerability? How, when you got shot with a laser blast, you took the same amount of damage as Daredevil? I mean, I wanna see you in a game that treats you like the God you f*cking are... Hey, how's your father?"
no it didn't bother me that they didn't give thor invulnbility i'm glad the didn't and i don't care if hawkeye beats thor in a video game because its not real and we al know that would never happen in comics"

Touche

#29 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

How come?

#30 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"How come?"

for which part

#31 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

The how your glad Thor wasn't awesome and broken like he should be? Like, don't you wanna have fun just shrugging off laser blasts and watching mortals flee from you and sh*t?

#32 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"The how your glad Thor wasn't awesome and broken like he should be? Like, don't you wanna have fun just shrugging off laser blasts and watching mortals flee from you and sh*t?"

thor is awesome but if your talking about invulnerability i don't think its a good power for him and if people laser at him he deflects it with his hammer

#33 Posted by ZORN (1605 posts) - - Show Bio

They ruined Doc Doom my opinion though.

#34 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"zero edge says:

I thought Nemesis was ok. I just didn't like how some characters were done.

The game looks really good. I'd love to have full roster of available characters. I'm going to pick it up for my PS3 though."

I just hate button mashing fighting games.

#35 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I really loved how they explained why he was running around, though...thank god for that.

#36 Posted by The Iron Cavalier (231 posts) - - Show Bio

Lantern Prime says:

"Gottheit says:
"I don't see the need for a super-hero fighting game...what I want hasn't been done yet, not even with Ultimate Alliance. I want a game that gives you the full super-hero experience...I'll probably explain in detail in some other thread in a little bit...*spin-offs are fun.*"

Go try the online game "City of Heros/Villians""

Played it, it was mad cool for like a week. Then it got really really boring really really fast.