inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Two of Amanda Waller’s most lethal weapons get their time in the spotlight with this six-issue miniseries coming in January 2016!

In a story written by Brian Buccellato with art by Viktor Bogdanovic and Richard Friend, Deadshot is on the run after escaping Belle Reve Penitentiary, taking on a series of new contracts and reestablishing himself as the world’s deadliest marksman. But things are about to get complicated for Floyd Lawton when a figure from his past threatens to expose a dark secret… and Deadshot gets word of his next target : Lex Luthor!

Writer Mike W. Barr returns to the character he co-created in “Cult of the Kobra,” with art by Diogenes Neves! In this new tale, Katana endeavors to save an entire nation from takeover by the mystical threat of Kobra. But first, she’s going to have to learn the origin of her sword Soultaker, if she’s to maintain control over it instead of falling under its influence.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

so is this the suicide squad that we know or a tie in for the movie(since katana is there)?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Awesome!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Dat Nord cover!

Seriously, Cary, go back to X-O Manowar already. Your art is too good to only be covers for stuff.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I would pass this off since Suicide Squad has been sucking, and this is clearly just promotion for these two "lesser" characters who are going to be in a movie soon, but Brian Buccellato's working on it, so I'm actually kind of interested.

Avatar image for xxknightflamexx
XxKnightFlamexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By XxKnightFlamexX

Excited for the Deadshot story but I would honestly like a new writer to take on Katana.

ZeroSuitUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katana! :)

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yes, hopefully the Katana series leads to the formation of the original Outsiders,looking forward to Kobra's debut.

Deadshot is the best news for me, this mini should finally give us much needed character development and re-establish Deadshot's link to Batman in a major way.

cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like they altered what was originally just a Katana mini.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Awesome

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome i might look into this. After the first arc of the 2011 series i kinda lost interest so a mini series sounds good..and hopefully its not flooded with Harley Quinn.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love these two, so I hope it's finally something squid related that's good

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_stegman  Moderator

I like what DC is doing with the mini series, instead of making full blown titles for EVERYONE like Marvel.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Yes, hopefully the Katana series leads to the formation of the original Outsiders,looking forward to Kobra's debut.

Deadshot is the best news for me, this mini should finally give us much needed character development and re-establish Deadshot's link to Batman in a major way.

What is your take on Will Smith playing Deadshot?

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Haven't read much with Deadshot post Flashpoint. What I have read hasn't been great. I'm pretty reluctant, but I may end up giving this a look.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Hopefully the movies garners interest in this comic and sells very well.

~MiB

John-PH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By John-PH

Sounds good. So does this mean in the main Suicide Squad books we will get the team that we said we would get back in June?

Avatar image for subnettingisaverb
subnettingisaverb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are the mini series all going to be canon?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like what DC is doing with the mini series, instead of making full blown titles for EVERYONE like Marvel.

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Hm, I'm not too familiar with Katana, is she an interesting character?

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unlike Marvel they cannot afford to.

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Katana is in this tittle, so i am sold already.

omarthmainman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC's ready to endorse!!! Suicide Squad 2016!!!

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@currentthor2015: @titanbreaker: @the_stegman: They could afford it, the question is why would someone want to read an ongoing about Katanna and Deadshot specifically, and could that actually have enough content for a full blown series?

jonny1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Cool.

I wonder if we'll see more of these featuring Black Spider, El Diablo, and other members of the Suicide Squad? Besides, those characters deserve more attention especially Black Spider in my opinion.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would pass this off since Suicide Squad has been sucking, and this is clearly just promotion for these two "lesser" characters who are going to be in a movie soon, but Brian Buccellato's working on it, so I'm actually kind of interested.

You make it sound like that's a bad thing. The only "major" (and I use that term loosely) character who will actually be in Suicide Squad is Harley. Deadshot and Katana should get some promotion. They honestly all should, considering the movie line-up.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Oh I love promoting minor characters, this just feels really forced is all I'm saying. Plus comics that are made to help promote movies always feel kinda soulless.

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the New Suicide Squad ongoing! And I love Deadshot even more! I can't wait.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@currentthor2015: @titanbreaker: @the_stegman: They could afford it, the question is why would someone want to read an ongoing about Katanna and Deadshot specifically, and could that actually have enough content for a full blown series?

In this case I doubt anyone and a mini series does serve it best. However DC is losing financially and come Marvel's big relaunch I think DC is gonna need to sit back and get some tissues ready. Marvel is going ba*ls to the wall and allowing anyone and everyone to have a solo title will they all work out? No, but no one can deny Marvel is not allowing plenty of characters to have a shot.

My point was DC really probably can't take such a similar risk at this point in time where as Marvel can.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titanbreaker: Pull out a tissue? how exactly does the success of one company hinder DC? Why do people always seem to treat Marvel and DC like sports teams? that's not being an informed reader, that's just being childish.

Also DC just recently took a pretty big risk by renewing Omega Men. Not to mention killing Batman, depowering Superman, and making GL an outlaw.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

getting!!

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really need to read more suicide squad.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the_stegman  Moderator

@titanbreaker: Pull out a tissue? how exactly does the success of one company hinder DC? Why do people always seem to treat Marvel and DC like sports teams? that's not being an informed reader, that's just being childish.

Also DC just recently took a pretty big risk by renewing Omega Men. Not to mention killing Batman, depowering Superman, and making GL an outlaw.

Right? It's like people think every dollar Marvel makes takes a dollar away from DC. Marvel's success doesn't equal DC's failure.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@vitalius said:

Katana is in this tittle, so i am sold already.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@the_stegman: That's good old fashioned pick-a-team mentality. People always wanna be anti something because they think it makes them more pro something else.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

This does indeed sound pretty great.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Sounds awesome, might check this out. Love Deadshot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Actually Kobra already debuted in Red Hood and Arsenal's sneak peek

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This already looks better than the current Suicide Squad comic book series. I'm loving that art BTW.

_Rain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It takes away market share. The more readers taking their dollar to Marvel, the less readers DC has to buy their stuff. Everybody likes both companies, but pull lists can only be so big.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#44  Edited By The Impersonator

How is this an anthology series when it only features Deadshot and Katana?

VickBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By VickBat

hm... Then... Deadshot within a few months will no longer be in the comic "suicide squad".. New series for deadshot(katana will have a serie before) if it sells well? or as Supergirl we will not see him in a while? Nothing of Kara in "The Truth"..

I suppose that Katana interferes with deadshot .. Kill Lex Luthor?

Lex Luthor: Hahahaha, Imposible..

Lena Luthor again? Lawton is the 3rd mercenary who wants to kill Lex in new52... Really I hope Lena this allied with Darkseid and Superman had no reason and she is evil..

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_rain said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

It takes away market share. The more readers taking their dollar to Marvel, the less readers DC has to buy their stuff. Everybody likes both companies, but pull lists can only be so big.

Not really, more people reading Marvel means chances are they're also going to be buying from other companies. DC's sales have remained relativity the same (although with all the big status quo changes and many of their A list writers focusing more on indie comics and other projects DC has gone down a bit recently). Point being that one company succeeding does not diminish the other, if anything it helps both of them (as well as the other smaller publishers).

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_rain said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Not really, more people reading Marvel means chances are they're also going to be buying from other companies. DC's sales have remained relativity the same (although with all the big status quo changes and many of their A list writers focusing more on indie comics and other projects DC has gone down a bit recently). Point being that one company succeeding does not diminish the other, if anything it helps both of them (as well as the other smaller publishers).

So if I got 50 people and said what books are you going to buy and a majority said Marvel that is in no way hurting DC? Less dollar for DC is hurting them, Marvel is going quantity and know they got an audience thanks to the constant awareness the movies raise, DC can only appeal to comic fans and most people would vote Marvel as the stronger company in terms of quality.

More money for Marvel means more things for a Marvel fan base, as if they are making good money then they will continue to push out books and may even keep weaker titles going as long as they have an audience due to the fact they are not losing money because over books are covering them.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titanbreaker: Why would those be only buying DC? Marvel has been gaining more and more readers from the movie universe and the massively popular Star Wars book, and chances are that when they first start (assuming they hopefully stay in) they'll only be reading Marvel, but as time goes on it's likely that as their interest grows so does their selection for what they want to read. I started with DC when I first got into comics and until I really got on my feet that's all I read, now I also read plenty of Marvel too (or at least I will be once Secret Wars ends) and buy plenty of trades.

In the scenario of 50 people all reading Marvel, chances are they are all new fans who weren't reading DC in the first place, meaning they weren't supporting DC to begin with, meaning that there isn't a loss since they weren't reading in the first place. Now fast forward about 2 years and lets say about half of those people are still reading comics, chances are now that they've established themselves as readers, they've had plenty of time to visit websites, chat it up with other readers, have been to comic shops with wide selections. Chances are that 4/5 of them are going to buy from other companies like DC, Image, Valiant, Dark Horse and others, meaning that those companies all just gained 20 readers they didn't have before. So at the end of the day, Marvel being successful never hurt any of those other companies.

ForeverMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ForeverMan

Meh. Still waiting for a post-Ostrander version of the Suicide Squad that doesn't suck.

Capital-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice. I like both characters, so this should be fun.