Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

Hey everyone, I recently just got the urge to finally get into Spiderman. What ongoing comics would you all recommend? I'm very familiar with Spiderman but I've never read a Spiderman comic

Thanks

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fil123

ultimate spiderman ultimate collections vol 1 - how ever many there are. Each one has about 26-27 issues and is only around 20 bucks on amazon. Collect them to the ultimate spiderman fallout. Ultimate spider-man is amazing and it is so easy to collect and read the whole series.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@fil123 said:

ultimate spiderman ultimate collections vol 1 - how ever many there are. Each one has about 26-27 issues and is only around 20 bucks on amazon. Collect them to the ultimate spiderman fallout. Ultimate spider-man is amazing and it is so easy to collect and read the whole series.

Thanks, I'll be sure to check it out.

@wolverine08 Thanks for tagging others :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Definitely check out Ultimate Spider-Man. Also, be sure to pick up the first issue of The Amazing Spider-Man (vol. 3), which launches sometime this month.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan: Thanks. Also, regarding The Amazing Spider-Man, is that a different Spider Man as a whole? I sometimes get confused by the multiple versions or characters since I'm so unfamiliar with the ongoing stuff

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

I haven't received any responses to any long and thoughtful comments I've made recently, so I thought I'd just try something short and dumb just to see if I can get a response. Here goes:

Just read any Spider-Man comic. They are all equally good.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

Kravens Last Hunt.
@batwatch said:

I haven't received any responses to any long and thoughtful comments I've made recently, so I thought I'd just try something short and dumb just to see if I can get a response. Here goes:

Just read any Spider-Man comic. They are all equally good.

That, is in no way true. CoughCLONE SAGA Cough

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch: lol I hope so. Also, I wont lie, I'm definitely intimidated by any runs that have over a hundred issues out already. Any suggestions on any that aren't too far along yet?

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ultimate Spiderman is by far my favorite Spider-book.

(Although I refuse to check out anything with Miles Morales)

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

@batwatch: lol I hope so. Also, I wont lie, I'm definitely intimidated by any runs that have over a hundred issues out already. Any suggestions on any that aren't too far along yet?

Honestly, I'm not a big Spidey fan, but I'm sure you'll get a lot of great suggestions. You might search the web or ComicVine for suggestions too. I'm sure someones made a thread about this before.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kidchipotle

To be honest, the easiest suggestion I can give you is to start with JMS/JRjr's run of Amazing Spider-Man vol. 2. It starts at issue 30. From there, you can literally just advance to the current story. It's a ton of reading but it'll get you where you want to be. Other suggestions can be The Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus 1 which is the first 36 or so issues + Amazing Fantasy 15 and some annuals. Also, Death of The Stacey's as well as Kravens Last Hunt. If you wanna get picky, go with the Clone Saga as well.

Then, like many people above me stated, there's Ultimate Spider-Man. It's not the mainstream universe but it still is the greatest Spider-Man run in history according to myself and many other people on here.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I concur with Ult Spider-Man, easy to read and is a good adaption to the Spidey mythos without really changing much.

Kraven's Last Hunt is good as well, as is Spider-Man: Blue. The symbiote saga leading to the first appearance of Venom is great as well. Any of Stan's old stuff is a fun read, although the dialogue is obviously dated a bit. I was also a fan of the Spider-Man "Gauntlet" series of arcs. Death of the Staceys is classic. If you're looking to catch up to the current Spider-Man books, Big Time - Dying Wish is mostly great stuff. Superior obviously dovetails off that, which will lead into the All-New Marvel NOW Amazing Spider-Man #1 coming out soon. Superior has fans with mixed feelings, but overall I'd say it's fairly solid.

One More Day/Brand New Day I would personally avoid, as I would the Clone Saga as well.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By fil123
@unbreakable_fs4 said:

@fil123 said:

Thanks, I'll be sure to check it out.

@wolverine08 Thanks for tagging others :)

i just started collecting spidey too, so i get everything youre saying. i started couple months ago and right now i have: amazing spiderman dying wish, ultimate spiderman ultimate collection vol 1-3 (around 70-80 issues), superior spiderman, ultimate fallout (couldnt wait to read it lol), spider-men, death of the staceys, family business..my next orders will be marvel knights spiderman vol 1, ultimate collection vol 4, JMS run on amazing spiderman vol 2, maybe spiderman blue. But do check out ultimate spiderman, think of it as a spiderman reboot in the 2000's.

usually like to buy 2 or 3 trades a month, depending how many shifts i get.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan: Thanks. Also, regarding The Amazing Spider-Man, is that a different Spider Man as a whole? I sometimes get confused by the multiple versions or characters since I'm so unfamiliar with the ongoing stuff

It will be about Peter Parker's return to Spider-Man. Right now, Doc Ock is Spider-Man (long story), but Peter will return soon, so that's why I suggest picking up The Amazing Spider-Man when it relaunches.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan Wow, I'll be sure to pick that up. I remember all the whining on the vine for Peter to return lol

@arturocalakayvee Thanks a bunch man, I'll take my time enjoying it :)