Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Spectrum

Sub Con,

Sub-Con is Ireland's longest running comic con and this year sees our biggest venture yet! With a combination of comics, manga, models, dvds, posters and t shirts as well as an plethora of comic guests. The list so far includes Steve Niles, creator/writer of 30 Days of Night as well as penning the graphic adaption of 28 Days Later, Pia Guerra, artist on the wonderful Y the Last Man, Bryan Talbot, one of comics royalty whose new book, Alice in Sunderland has surpassed any of the hype leading up to its release, Simon Furman, the acclaimed Transformers scribe, Ian Boothby, one of the Simpsons core writers, Stephen Mooney, cover artist on Angel as well as a stint on CSI, Stephen Thompson who has worked on titles as diverse as Star Wars and Buckaroo Banzai, Declan Shalvey, the Eagle award winning artist and new guy on Ireland's longest and most successful comic series, Freak Show, Bob Byrne, fresh off his run on 2000AD and newcomer Will Sliney who lends his very talented hand to art chores on Atomic Rocket Group 66 which is also writen by Freak Show scribe Robert Curley and which will be launched at the con on the 29th.

So what you think??? Any good???? Should i go????

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Maelstrom

Spectrum says:

"Sub Con,Sub-Con is Ireland's longest running comic con and this year sees our biggest venture yet! With a combination of comics, manga, models, dvds, posters and t shirts as well as an plethora of comic guests. The list so far includes Steve Niles, creator/writer of 30 Days of Night as well as penning the graphic adaption of 28 Days Later, Pia Guerra, artist on the wonderful Y the Last Man, Bryan Talbot, one of comics royalty whose new book, Alice in Sunderland has surpassed any of the hype leading up to its release, Simon Furman, the acclaimed Transformers scribe, Ian Boothby, one of the Simpsons core writers, Stephen Mooney, cover artist on Angel as well as a stint on CSI, Stephen Thompson who has worked on titles as diverse as Star Wars and Buckaroo Banzai, Declan Shalvey, the Eagle award winning artist and new guy on Ireland's longest and most successful comic series, Freak Show, Bob Byrne, fresh off his run on 2000AD and newcomer Will Sliney who lends his very talented hand to art chores on Atomic Rocket Group 66 which is also writen by Freak Show scribe Robert Curley and which will be launched at the con on the 29th.So what you think??? Any good???? Should i go????"

Go for it. Nothing beats interacting with thousands of comic fans at a venue like that. Or seeing what costumes they'll wear. You might get a chance to take a picture with your favorite character! I went a Wizard World over the summer and my friend took a picture with Darth Vader and I never heard the end of it. It was an amazing experience, and I can't wait till they roll around next year, I'm going to be back in a heartbeat!

And also you're missing out on the cheap comics! Go you won't regret it! It's tons of fun, make sure to bring a friend along, you might have a "civil war" moment like me and my friend did. xD

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Spectrum

very cool ,i think i will!!!!