Strength = Good Character

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlackWind

Seriously, why do some people think tgat "Character X can kick Character Y's ass, therefore Character X is a better character" Its a confusing and baffling way to look at such a thing. Honestly, the people who think making a character strong means that amounts to their worth as a character must be 13 years old or have the interest of a 13 year old.

Do you, the members of CV see this a lot?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Its called ABC Logic. Sometimes it does work though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

@BlackWind: When you say worth do you mean how powerful they are or the character's personality and things like that?

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Jorgevy

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: @guttridgeb: i Think he meant good character, like personality and fanbase and stuff

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BlackWind

I meant their worth as people, in story. A powerful character can also be a piece of sh*t. Like this:

Rulk by Ed McGuinness
Rulk by Ed McGuinness

Being powerful shouldn't equate to the character being any good.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#6  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

becausesome people are stupid and primal

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By JairamGanpat

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

becausesome people are stupid and primal

essentially

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jokergeist

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Its called ABC Logic. Sometimes it does work though.

The letter "W" is better then the letter "A" because "W" has has a longer sound.

Sincerely,

No Caption Provided
Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Hazlenaut

There are moments when that character does feats makes amaze what he/she/xe/it did. Some people feel insulted that feat is not acknowledged or pales to the other character, that feat was mistaken, or bad writing took effect. They want to show what they watch/read mean something. Even though there is evidence that prove they are wrong they can’t take it and would deny it. It even worst when it something they would not expect.

I digress it take more power to make good character the flaws help make the character, unless that power has negative that goes by it.

ArticulateT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ArticulateT

Depends on the context of the story and the purpose of the character, I suppose. Their physical strength shouldn't be the key defining trait of the character, of course, but it can be used to some extent to be the basis of that character's personality, like Kenpachi from Bleach. Due to his strength, he's been given a decent amount of over confidence and a desire to find any excuse that allows him to use that strength, and the story provides ample opportunity to show his character on some deeper level (such as his inability to utilise a Bankai because he can't truly communicate with his sword, so to speak).

Avatar image for hoarderofhilarity
Hoarderofhilarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BlackWind: Hey I'm only 14 and I like to think I think more deeply about the characters I like than that :(

Characters should be compelling and should show diverse enough emotions to be as multi-faceted as possible

'man is not truly one, but truly two' or at least to an extent because otherwise I see them less as a character and more as simply another piece of the plot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Well, a lot of people like seeing their favourite characters kicking some bottom (such as myself) and some people just take it too far by only liking powerful characters who always kick bottom. It's like when people only support sports teams that are doing well.