GaMeBoY439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GaMeBoY439

Hey Guys,

I'm pretty new to comics and one thing I've been wondering is how important it is to read the tie-ins of story arcs (arcs such as Blackest Night, DC Crises, Fear Itself, etc). I know the number of issues for the main story in such arcs is usually reasonable, say around 6 to 12. However, I've noticed most arcs also have a bunch of tie-ins that can bring the total issue count to like 80+. Are tie-ins only so that readers of those particular series/runs can experience how the story arc is affecting that title? Do people usually read the main story plus the tie-ins for whatever titles they're following anyway?

Some guidance on this would be much appreciated it. I tend to be a completionist about these kinds of things (I won't watch a show unless I can watch it from episode 1 and watch every single one, lol), but in some circumstances I understand I must look past this as it is probably just not worth the time and money in this case, lol.

I'm also wondering the same thing for things surrounding the story arcs, like countdowns/preludes/build-ups and aftermaths/postludes, etc. Those seem to make more sense to read since they sound like they should support the story, whereas tie-ins seem to just provide extra but otherwise non-essential info if it's desired.