#1 Edited by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

I am getting tired of Storm being the sidekick/cheerleader for the X-Men.She is a veteran after all she was dedicated to the X-Men since she was a teenager.She was the leader of the golden team, so professor x thought she was pretty cool.After watching the X-Men films it is really crappy when she uses her power we ALREADY know that she can do lighting and tornado's. Halle always meek and quite for the role it's like she didn't even wanted to play the role in the first place.She is the Mistress Of The Elements after all everyone has the same power but not storm she is unique.In the film it look like she always needed to get help by wolverine or cyclops.What ever happened to the 80's-90's Storm?Now, I feel her getting married to the Black Panther is a excuse for her to not be featured more in the X-Men.I feel like Kerry Washington Or Zoe Saldana or Hell even NICKI MINAJ could play a better storm than Halle. Now that Halle is pregnant she would not be able to fly or even fight at that matter.She had to fight for her character in X-Men Last Stand to fly not she can't even fly.Storm just dose not do lighting and tornado's.She can create fog,water storms,blizzards,whirlwinds,gust of winds,acid rain and many more.Wolverine is only a beta-level mutant while Storm is a alpha level mutant and has enough potential to be a OMEGA LEVEL MUTANT.Storm dose not even need to concentrate while using her powers she can just summon things and nature will respond to her command in a blink of an eye.I wish people would see that Storm deserves much more than what she has..

#2 Edited by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

In the film it look like she always needed to get help by wolverine or cyclops.

Have you seen the X-Men movies?!? In the first movie, Cyclops gets beat up by Toad, he then spends the entirety of the second one captured liked a damsel in distress waiting to be rescued, and in the third one he has one scene in which he gets killed. If anyone needs better treatment in the movies it's Cyclops.

#3 Edited by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Jhazzroucher, poisonfleur, and maybe White Mage gives her enough respect for all of us.

#4 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

another pissed storm fanboy. gee we don't have enough of those around here.

#5 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith: LMAO..But still the films could have been better

#6 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6304 posts) - - Show Bio

Sidekick? Isn't she the leader in two of the five titles she's in?

I'm not an X-Men reader, so I could be wrong.

#7 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetimestreamer: Yeah sorry for bugging you guys but really it is getting out of control STORM needs a bigger role than she already has

#8 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@mistressoftheelements: aside from wolverine, magneto and prof x, everybody else sucked in those movies. i don't even know what they were doing with sabertooth.

#9 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Yes she was,but other than the comics and the cartoon's.She is the damsel in the distress she has accomplish more than any superheroine. But she still get these lame ass appearances!

#10 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Yes she was,but other than the comics and the cartoon's.She is the damsel in the distress (when, where was this?) she has accomplish more than any superheroine (hells no, but please give examples of these accomplishments). But she still get these lame ass appearances! (she has been present on every representation of the x-men even the pryde of the x-men episode even which is more that i can say for a lot of other x-men)

#11 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed, but so do other comic book characters. IE: DD, Creed, Cyke, Jean, Emma, Pietro, DEADPOOL, and whoever a fanatic wants to add. Moving On.

#12 Edited by Uncanny_Doom (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@mistressoftheelements said:

In the film it look like she always needed to get help by wolverine or cyclops.

Have you seen the X-Men movies?!? In the first movie, Cyclops gets beat up by Toad, he then spends the entirety of the second one captured liked a damsel in distress waiting to be rescued, and in the third one he has one scene in which he gets killed. If anyone needs better treatment in the movies it's Cyclops.

To be honest the stuff that happens to them in the first movie makes me wonder how they got ANYTHING done. Wolverine gets beat up by Mystique and Toad solos almost the entire team.

#13 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops needs some love. I want to see the fearless leader from Whedon's Astonishing X-Men.

#14 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: wouldnt it be sick if whedon makes his run into a movie?

#15 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

I think Jhazzroucher, poisonfleur, and maybe White Mage gives her enough respect for all of us.

I think....I think I love you cause of this post. LMAO. xD

#16 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: wouldnt it be sick if whedon makes his run into a movie?

I'd actually prefer an animated movie trilogy, some things would translate better (like the costumes or Breakworld).

#17 Edited by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@mistressoftheelements said:

@v_scarlotte_rose: Yes she was,but other than the comics and the cartoon's.She is the damsel in the distress she has accomplish more than any superheroine. But she still get these lame ass appearances!

The highlighted sentence is outright wrong. She was not depicted as a damsel in distress in the movies. You could argue that she played second fiddle to Wolverine, but she certainly didn't sit around waiting to be rescued. Rogue and Cyclops both did that, but Storm actually does a lot in the movies, and never gets captured (unless you count the part in the first movie where Magneto pins the entire team to the Statue of Liberty).

She's also not the most accomplished superheroine. That would be Wonder Woman. You could make a decent arguement for Jean Grey and Invisible Woman over Storm as well, but that's debatable, all three are pretty accomplished, but Wonder Woman definitely is the big name when it comes to female super heroes.

#18 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7877 posts) - - Show Bio

wut